• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What to do if a LEO wants to confiscate your legal equipment

While I have never dealt with this under Mass laws I have had a few run in's with LE and my NFA stuff. In the end do not raise you're voice ask for a supervisor and ask them EXACTLY what is illegal and tell them to explain why. Then tell them in my case to call the atf and get there grubby hands off my guns..

I've had police ask to see "my paperwork" on my machine gun. I simply told them no. I didn't have it with me. (I never carry it) and then told them that even if I had it with me, I would not show it to them since I was not required to do so by law. (the law only says I have to produce it for the ATF if requrested, not any LEO.) The cops weren't happy, but they backed off in both cases. It was obvious that they didn't know the law and took me at my word.

With that said, this occurred in CT. I would not be so aggressive in MA knowing that need to have a license, issued by my CLEO, to own any firearms including MGs. Thats not the case in CT. The cop can get as pissed as he wants, as long as I'm not a PP then I can own anything I want to own in CT, including a MG. In both cases, the cop made some ridiculous statement about arresting me for breach of peace.

In both cases I extended my arms forward as if inviting him to cuff me and told him that I had permission from my wife to get arrested in just these situations and that I was much more afraid of her than i was of him. In one case it ratcheted down the tension a bit. In both cases, it completely disarmed the cop since threat of arrest is the main thing they use to gain compliance from us Citizens.

Don

Last edited:
I extended my arms forward as if inviting him to cuff me and told him that I had permission from my wife to get arrested in just these situations and that I was much more afraid of her than i was of him. In one case it ratcheted down the tension a bit. In both cases, it completely disarmed the cop since threat of arrest is the main thing they use to gain compliance from us Citizens.

Awesome... Mind if I borrow this some day (Heaven forbid I need it)?

Back
Top Bottom