What to Buy????????

Well I have been toying around with buying my next toy. I have been eyeing a Bushmaster AR15. Also been eyeing a SKS and Mosin. Today at the range I was treated to fire a few rounds through the SKS and the Mosin. Yes they are fun and great to shoot. Now how long will AMMO be available for both the Mosin and SKS? Now the availability of AMMO for those weapons will make up my mind what to get. So I ask, How long will the ammo supplies for the Mosin and the SKS last?

You're in CT, you can order 1,000 rounds of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 for the SKS for about $170 shipped, plus theres Romanian new production ammo, and a few Russian companies.
There are also quite a few companies making new production ammo for Mosins. Its pricey but surplus stuff is available still from lots of vendors. In fact 7.62x54 is one of the few surplus rounds widely available and its still dirt cheap. Probably cheapest of all surplus ammo.
Keep your eye out for a nice Norinco or Russian SKS and stock up on ammo. Thats what I'd do.[wink]

You have been eyeing a Bushmaster, a Mosin, and an SKS. What do you really want right now? Modern - C&R / Surplus? If you have been looking at new AR's seriously consider this... You could purchase a Mosin and an SKS for less than an new Bushmaster would set you back. Just a thought. It really depends on what you want. I like all three. But you could get two nice firearms for the price of one.

Last edited:
Well, the SKS and Mosin together shouldn't cost you more than $250. Ammo is plentiful and cheap as there were billions upon billions of rounds of 7.62x54r produced and it is still in production and used by many militaries. Same with the 7.62x39.

The AR is a better rifle, but ammo costs more. Still not too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom