What should I use to lube a 1911?

Pants

NES Member
Sooo, I have amassed a lot of lube options over here. Yes, there's probably no right or wrong answer - but I figured I'd ask anyway. First I was thinking about lubing it how I use to with my old Beretta - Militec throughout and a little MIL Comm grease on the rails. But then I started toying with the idea of using FIREClean or even FP-10. I've been using FIREClean exclusively on my M&P and AR. I've definitely become a fan of the stuff, but I'm not too sure about it on a 1911. What do you guys think - what do you guys use??

Last edited:
I just switched to Remoil. It's cheap and available everywhere. I use one of those oil pens for small holes and such and an oily rag that I keep in a small tupperware container.
What I want to know is which cloth leaves no lint. Those yellow cloths like the ones Ruger hands out are terrible when oily. Lint everywhere.

I use synthetic motor oil on just about everything; 20w50 on center fire guns and 0 or 5 wt on rimfires. Don't waste your $ on super lubes they are simply not worth it.

Just don't over think it....unless you're taking the weapon into combat, or shooting 5 IDPA matches a week with it, you'll be hard pressed to wear anything out even if you lube it with canola oil every 3 months.

I like rem oil on everything I own, but my EDC gets frog lube. Do I use frog lube because secret squirrel special operators tested it in Atlantis? No, I use it because it doesn't attract lint as bad as oil.

the remains of dead glocks

Nazi blood

all crap....
you need to get your self some f361846c79e47c51b1f29b85efca10c2.jpg

ohhh and don't use this one
images
on American stuff it just unpatriotic.

Synthetic two stroke oil on things that rotate, grease (I have forgotten the brand) on things that slide.

LMAO! I really set myself up for this one! Nice options fellas! :D Liberal Tears sound very promising. I would like to get a bottle of the Super Di Fi blend.

Ballistol to clean.
some ballistol to lubricate.
and when it looks almost done, put a little ballistol to wrap things up.

i havet used oil in months and have never had better gun function before in literally everything from 1911 to tavor

Ballistol to clean.
some ballistol to lubricate.
and when it looks almost done, put a little ballistol to wrap things up.

i havet used oil in months and have never had better gun function before in literally everything from 1911 to tavor

Yeah, was thinking about picking up another can. I was watching Hickok45 use it.

Back
Top Bottom