What load to shoot at next CMP M1 and Vintage Match.

Which load

• M1 with my basic Varget and 155 noslers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mac1911

NES Member
As one to never really shoot th same load or same rifle for that matter at CMP Games matches looking to see what those out there might think on what load to shoot.

You can choose between the M1 loads for the M1 match and the K98 and K31 for vintage match

Last edited:
So far it's 100% for the PPU bullets for M1 and cast for K98. [smile]

I really need to find my Mosin stripper clips for the M39...

So far it's 100% for the PPU bullets for M1 and cast for K98. [smile]

I really need to find my Mosin stripper clips for the M39...

I can bring some clips... only need one really.
I shot the PPUs last match but with Varget. I do have just enough H4895 in a 1lb jug to do 35 rounds and thinking of just using it up.

I remember last year you cleaned, or maybe shot a 199, in slow prone with the K31. That's where my vote went.

Fortunately for me, I shoot the same 47.0 4064 / 155 load in the Garand and 1917; just loaded up 50, 50 more later tonight.

I remember last year you cleaned, or maybe shot a 199, in slow prone with the K31. That's where my vote went.

Fortunately for me, I shoot the same 47.0 4064 / 155 load in the Garand and 1917; just loaded up 50, 50 more later tonight.

Hey, don't encourage him! [rofl]

Kidding aside, I like watching him rack up good scores with self cast boolits.

I really should head home after the first match because I leave for a 2 week trip, but I really want to shoot both matches. I need to load up the usual 46.5 Varget if I shoot the Garand. Funny enough, I get good results in the M39 with 46.5 Varget and 168 Nosler blem CC's.

Hey, don't encourage him! [rofl]

Kidding aside, I like watching him rack up good scores with self cast boolits.

I really should head home after the first match because I leave for a 2 week trip, but I really want to shoot both matches. I need to load up the usual 46.5 Varget if I shoot the Garand. Funny enough, I get good results in the M39 with 46.5 Varget and 168 Nosler blem CC's.

Thanks it is fun. Oh and I think I shot 98 96 with A3 and cast Loads....hmmm let's leave off hand out of it mmmk

I'm headed to Tokyo that next morning; when I made travel plans I ensured that I would make the OCSA match.

I'm headed to Tokyo that next morning; when I made travel plans I ensured that I would make the OCSA match.

If its hot I foresee a low turn out so we should get through it quickly. 2 matches last year called off for low turn out in the heat.

Given the long drive, if I stay for two matches on the last day I am home, Mrs. Mountain will not be amused. [angry] Assuming one match, I'm leaning to the M39 but may shoot the Garand as I shot so-so last time.

You been to Tokyo in the summer? They tend to cut back on AC since Fukushima. Hopefully the weather won't be too hot while you are there. Seems like our guys always pick a Shabu Shabu (hot pot) restaurant on the hottest day of my visit.

Last edited:
Do k31's like the heat? I think you should just leave that at home and take a nice jungle warfare rifle like a pre-800,000 serial number 1903 with the firing pin cut in half to give the rest of us a shot at this! I know you did your damnest at the most recent garand match loading with that defunked enbloc your 'wife' took out of your dresser...but it still wasn't bad enough for me to catch up to your score! :)

Do k31's like the heat? I think you should just leave that at home and take a nice jungle warfare rifle like a pre-800,000 serial number 1903 with the firing pin cut in half to give the rest of us a shot at this! I know you did your damnest at the most recent garand match loading with that defunked enbloc your 'wife' took out of your dresser...but it still wasn't bad enough for me to catch up to your score! :)

reason #3999 to "leave my shit alone"
Funny you mention that I caught her blindly tossing stuff into my little crevice of a room that's "mine" Sat. arrgghh [banghead]

Last edited:
reason #3999 to "leave my shit alone"
Funny you mention that I caught her blindly tossing stuff into my little crevice of a room that's "mine" Sat. arrgghh [banghead]

Between my wife and kids, every space I clean and organize becomes a dumping ground. One of my goals for this week's 'staycation' is to make a big Good Will run. At least they leave my tools alone, or if they borrow one it goes back to the same drawer or hook.

I think one of them has my Mosin clips. OK, maybe that's my fault.[smile]

Between my wife and kids, every space I clean and organize becomes a dumping ground. One of my goals for this week's 'staycation' is to make a big Good Will run. At least they leave my tools alone, or if they borrow one it goes back to the same drawer or hook.

I think one of them has my Mosin clips. OK, maybe that's my fault.[smile]

I'm at 30 yard dumpster stage over here.

ok so the H4895 won and it will be 44.1 grains per the results from the other thread...good done fine

Ok so the k98 and swiss where tied.... well I got really lazy and did not get around to case prep for the k31 so the k98 wins

have my no wind zero down pretty good but may have some issues at 200 yards with elevation...no real happy medium. I will need to hold over or under and im not good at either with that stupid triangle sight....
the 3 shots to the left at 8 9 and 5 ring where elevation check...seeing they where a tad left vs the far right from the other day I pushed the front sight another 1/2 turn of the sight tool....last 5 shots for 50 points....I will take it. just hope it works out sunday. I shot 2 5 round groups at 200 yards but they where low and high but where under 5" which is nice.

Ds9izSx.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom