• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What kind of rifle is this?

schnips

NES Member
france-africa-1.jpg

It's a picture of a French soldier in Africa that I found on this article. Can't say that I've ever seen anything quite like it.
http://www.businessinsider.com/fran...er-misjudging-central-african-republic-2014-2

FrF2. The scope is a Scrome J8. My work tool for a few years.
The RCA is a shithole, and Bangui is one of the worst places I've ever set foot. They should burn the place down and leave nobody alive.

The French suck. Having said that, weapons design, especially ammunition would be less were it not for the French. French Foreign Legion. Napoleon. Yorktown. So to the haters- besse ma cu.

oh dont turn on the french surrender guy. he was just trying to make a funny. im sure he knows the facts. cut him some slack. everyone is just pissy cuz they gotta work in the morning.

If it is indeed a french solider he is probably just going to drop it to surrender.

Right, because one of our allies is spending a metric buttload of blood and treasure to oust islamic extremism from Central Africa, on their own. This type of abject bullshit has to stop. People need to read a ****ing history book before they spout this asinine shit.

france-africa-1.jpg

It's a picture of a French soldier in Africa that I found on this article. Can't say that I've ever seen anything quite like it.
http://www.businessinsider.com/fran...er-misjudging-central-african-republic-2014-2
Bashing aside, the FrF2 is a sniper system in 7.62 NATO, and shoots around 1-1.25MOA. The barrel is covered by some sort of polymer sleeve, and is free floated. The bipod is awkward, because when deployed, it is situated right behind the receiver. I got one of the first F2 that were issued in the legion. Before that, I had an older F1 model in 7.5 French, with the same action (and the same awkward bipod). They were replaced just in time, as the barrels on almost all of them were pretty shot out. The trigger on the F2 is not what you'd expect on a sniper system. It is quite heavy and pretty gritty(at least mine was). As we were airborne, we always wished for a folding stock, but apparently, that didn't happen to this day. The F2 is up for replacement soon, and the successor will most likely be the PGM "ultima ratio". Rumor has it that they will stir away from 7.62 in favor of .338 Lapua.

Actually from reading the article it seems like they are there to protect the Muslims from the Christians who are seeking revenge. Funny how that works. No one seeks to protect Christians from Muslims when they are the ones committing the atrocities. Yet, the French, and other western nations are supposed to spend money and lives to protect Muslims from retribution.

Hopefully Obama and the rest if the Internationalists in the White House won't feel a need to intervene.

frenchman, is that soldier French Army or Foreign Legion? There still is a Foreign Legion, isn't there? Tough bastards from everything I've ever read about them.

Right, because one of our allies is spending a metric buttload of blood and treasure to oust islamic extremism from Central Africa, on their own. This type of abject bullshit has to stop. People need to read a ****ing history book before they spout this asinine shit.

To my knowledge, they're a mix of marine infantry, airborne infantry and airborne cavalry. The legion is busy in Mali and Afghanistan.

i have a revolutionary war french musket and bayonet. my grandfather willed it to me. i know nothing about it but without the french we would have lost.

Bashing aside, the FrF2 is a sniper system in 7.62 NATO, and shoots around 1-1.25MOA. The barrel is covered by some sort of polymer sleeve, and is free floated. The bipod is awkward, because when deployed, it is situated right behind the receiver. I got one of the first F2 that were issued in the legion. Before that, I had an older F1 model in 7.5 French, with the same action (and the same awkward bipod). They were replaced just in time, as the barrels on almost all of them were pretty shot out. The trigger on the F2 is not what you'd expect on a sniper system. It is quite heavy and pretty gritty(at least mine was). As we were airborne, we always wished for a folding stock, but apparently, that didn't happen to this day. The F2 is up for replacement soon, and the successor will most likely be the PGM "ultima ratio". Rumor has it that they will stir away from 7.62 in favor of .338 Lapua.

What seems odd to me is it looks like they never modded the Mas36 butt stocks but instead just added a pistol grip behind the trigger.

A quick google on the rifle showed a few clones made from Mas36 rifles. Gives me a few ideas since I currently have a Mas36 parts gun that I've been waiting to build.

What seems odd to me is it looks like they never modded the Mas36 butt stocks but instead just added a pistol grip behind the trigger.

A quick google on the rifle showed a few clones made from Mas36 rifles. Gives me a few ideas since I currently have a Mas36 parts gun that I've been waiting to build.
I had to google pics of the mod 36. Looks like if you plan on building a clone, you will have to straighten the bolt handle and replace the knob. Also, good luck finding a flash hider that looks remotely as goofy as the one one the F1.

Is the F2 a pure sniper system for the French like our M24 or are they issued as DRM weapons like our SR25/Mk11 and M14 EBR?

Interesting that the French are going towards .338 Lapua. Last I read, the US Army was moving towards .300 Win Mag to replace 7.62. So much for NATO ammo standards...

Oh and IBTL.

Back
Top Bottom