Votes: 35 46.7%
  • Rifle - Competition

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Rifle - Plinking

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Shotgun

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
teaching. I don't shoot as much as I used to. Though I did enjoy my first 200 yd rifle competition yesterday. I came in 4th place. I missed 3rd place by 1 lousy point. [frown]

Callit whatever you want. I go to the range, put up a target, (and I'm not fussy what the target says on it as long as it is a bullseye) and shoot at it. I go at my own pace, shoot fairly well, and have a good time.

I like all my guns, but one of my favorite shooting activities, which I just got back from impromptu, is setting up a line of balloons at the 100 and 200 yard line, and killing them with my SKS. So, I chose rifle plinking.

dsc_0235_std.jpg

I shoot IDPA most, so far. But my FAVORITE activity is getting others out to shoot! Here is my wife trying out the new Norinco NHM-91, a 20.5" AK variant.

JuliaShootsNorincosmall.jpg

Shooting a rifle for the first time ever, she peppered the IDPA silhouette target I set up on the 50yd line. I'm so proud!

cheers,
Chuck

I have target rifles that I'll get serious with now and then and pop empty shell casings, or even aspirins at 100 yards. Or sometimes its bolt actions and semi autos at 50 yards shooting cans making them bounce back and forth all over the back stop.
But for the most part its paper targets at 100 yards and open sight rifles. I'd love to try shooting at distances like in Derek's picture.

Currently plinking with handguns, I'd love to get into competitive shooting if only I could find the time... [rolleyes]

On top of that my eye's ain't getting any better and I really prefer to use optics out beyond 100 yards now. [thinking]

Last edited:
in the summer my all time favorite backyard past time is launching clay targets and dusting them with a shotgun, then picking off the pieces on the ground with a .22 either handgun or rifle.

now that it's winter I've got my airgun and BE matches going.

actually, my absolute most favorite past time is "plinking" with a full auto.

Dave

I put Pistol - Action Shooting.

I assume that implies "real world" pistol training. EP, personal protection, armed security, and the such.

I don't shoot for scores, bulleyes, soda cans or practice any thing else other than self defense.

When I started shooting years ago the best advice I ever got was, you don't want them all in the same hole when you want to kill..

Shooting clays,cans,jugs at 100 yards...Followed closely by letting a box full on kittens loose and plinking them with my 10/22.Watching those little things jump straight up in the air with a look of utter confusion is priceless.

Shooting clays,cans,jugs at 100 yards...Followed closely by letting a box full on kittens loose and plinking them with my 10/22.Watching those little things jump straight up in the air with a look of utter confusion is priceless.

That's just so wrong on so many levels. (okay, I chuckled, but it's still wrong [laugh] )

I aim (no pun intended) more for pistol bullseye shooting, but I tend to do action and plinking too.

And jeez, I don't know...I kinda like looking at Marine butts. [wink] [smile]

I could say something...I really could...ugh...must...not...give...in...must...shut...up... [rofl]

I don't get it, Derek...I thought you were interested in highpower shooting, not just staring at the rearends of other macho Marines. (grin)b

Oh no...another comment that tempts me to make a remark about Derek...ugh...shut up JellyFish...just...shut...up.... [laugh2] [laugh] [rofl]

After Wednesday, I will only be about a half hour away from Derek. So I have to watch what I say or I may get a serious ass kicking! [wink]

Maybe he's the one getting his rear end stared at? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom