What is the one item needed for prep plans that nobody has thought of...

Another vote for Dental Floss.

Great for fishing line, sutures ,hanging Christmas ornaments, dangling a carrot on a stick,wardrobe repairs ,"Mafia Style" piano wire strangulations........ and getting stuck popcorn out of teeth.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but peanuts.

I prepped by accident recently. Because I have a kidney stone, I'm trying to eat healthier. So because Stop and Shop only sells peanuts in pound quantities or mini bags, I bought the pound and now I have enough peanuts for like a year...

I prepped by accident recently. Because I have a kidney stone, I'm trying to eat healthier. So because Stop and Shop only sells peanuts in pound quantities or mini bags, I bought the pound and now I have enough peanuts for like a year...

And if you get really hungry you can transform peanuts into squirrels in no time. Through the magic of nature I've even turned peanuts into a hawk. He had a little trouble flying away with my well fed squirrel.

Recent weather is making me use 'em, and the S has not even hit the F yet [smile]

Snow shoes.

If you think you might do any hunting/foraging, gather wood/kindling, tap some maple trees, etc during winter months, you're going to want a set. Nice way to enjoy the woods in the winter too.

Recent weather is making me use 'em, and the S has not even hit the F yet [smile]

Snow shoes.

If you think you might do any hunting/foraging, gather wood/kindling, tap some maple trees, etc during winter months, you're going to want a set. Nice way to enjoy the woods in the winter too.

I keep mine in my car when not on my feet.

Slime, tire plugs, compressor in BOV. Airline/glad hand to fill tires. Chains/straps.snatch blocks for off road recovery in snow.

One of my trucks has a 24v 24,000 pound winch too.

Rescue tape for radiator/cooling lines.
Pre-mixed prestone for a cooling leak (won't freeze when stored).

Welding gloves from Ocean state job lot for rough duty is all stuff in my in-vehicle tool box

Last edited:
This!! A basic brand of soap that will be useable by a wide range of folks. Babies to Grannies. Take Ivory Soap for instance. Cheap, safe to store in large quantities. 200 + bars in a plastic tote take up a small space. So, after a few weeks, you visit the nice young couple down the street. She's worried about keeping the kids clean. A gift of a few bars of soap go a long way. Hearts & Minds.

Do you eat one peanut a month?

I turn one of these and a pinch of salt into peanut butter and it lasts me about two weeks.

planters-peanuts.jpg

Back
Top Bottom