• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the one item needed for prep plans that nobody has thought of...

Another vote for Dental Floss.

Great for fishing line, sutures ,hanging Christmas ornaments, dangling a carrot on a stick,wardrobe repairs ,"Mafia Style" piano wire strangulations........ and getting stuck popcorn out of teeth.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but peanuts.

I prepped by accident recently. Because I have a kidney stone, I'm trying to eat healthier. So because Stop and Shop only sells peanuts in pound quantities or mini bags, I bought the pound and now I have enough peanuts for like a year...

I prepped by accident recently. Because I have a kidney stone, I'm trying to eat healthier. So because Stop and Shop only sells peanuts in pound quantities or mini bags, I bought the pound and now I have enough peanuts for like a year...

And if you get really hungry you can transform peanuts into squirrels in no time. Through the magic of nature I've even turned peanuts into a hawk. He had a little trouble flying away with my well fed squirrel.

Recent weather is making me use 'em, and the S has not even hit the F yet [smile]

Snow shoes.

If you think you might do any hunting/foraging, gather wood/kindling, tap some maple trees, etc during winter months, you're going to want a set. Nice way to enjoy the woods in the winter too.

Recent weather is making me use 'em, and the S has not even hit the F yet [smile]

Snow shoes.

If you think you might do any hunting/foraging, gather wood/kindling, tap some maple trees, etc during winter months, you're going to want a set. Nice way to enjoy the woods in the winter too.

I keep mine in my car when not on my feet.

Slime, tire plugs, compressor in BOV. Airline/glad hand to fill tires. Chains/straps.snatch blocks for off road recovery in snow.

One of my trucks has a 24v 24,000 pound winch too.

Rescue tape for radiator/cooling lines.
Pre-mixed prestone for a cooling leak (won't freeze when stored).

Welding gloves from Ocean state job lot for rough duty is all stuff in my in-vehicle tool box

Last edited:
This!! A basic brand of soap that will be useable by a wide range of folks. Babies to Grannies. Take Ivory Soap for instance. Cheap, safe to store in large quantities. 200 + bars in a plastic tote take up a small space. So, after a few weeks, you visit the nice young couple down the street. She's worried about keeping the kids clean. A gift of a few bars of soap go a long way. Hearts & Minds.

Do you eat one peanut a month?

I turn one of these and a pinch of salt into peanut butter and it lasts me about two weeks.

planters-peanuts.jpg

Back
Top Bottom