• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is it like to fire an AR-15? It’s horrifying, menacing and very very loud

mikeyp

NES Member
Apparently the biggest pussies in the media decided to shoot ARs...and the guy who owns the range? Not something I say often, but I hope he goes out of business, unless this was taken out of context
He admires his weaponry, yes, and has difficulty explaining why law-abiding citizens need a gun that can empty a 40-round clip in less than five seconds. But he also hates the idea that “bad people” get a hold of a gun like this and use it to kill without difficulty.“There should be expanded background checks — extending into your family, friends and associates,” he said. “And there should be a mental health screening. In Europe, if you want to buy a gun, you have to see a doctor (for a psychiatric examination) to see if something’s not right.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201

- - - Updated - - -

People are giving him bad reviews https://www.facebook.com/doubletapshootingrange/timeline

"[FONT=&quot]The recoil bruised my shoulder."

Seriously...the recoil bruised his shoulder? Are you effing kidding me. I fired the M16-A2 in the army...barely felt it. I have a .308 that barely has any recoil. My 30-30 is a different story but I have never heard of an AR style rifle bruising anyone.
the recoil didn't bruise my 12 and 14 year old. Maybe he has some type of flesh disease that makes him bruise easy.

Oh, and this total and complete over-reaction is priceless....

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable."[/FONT]

The recoil bruised my shoulder. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable. - Gersh Kuntzman, 2016

The puss's last name that wrote the article is Kuntzman. You just can't make this stuff up. With a name like that, he was doomed from day 1 to be a gaping wuss hole.

edit - was typing my response while TOM-P's posted. I knew I should have typed a one-liner to save my spot and then edit it.

Sounds like this moron owner is belatedly getting an education on the meaning of he second amendment the hard way. He deserves it.

NY Daily News might as well be written by the moms who need action, and is not a legitimate news source (it publishes opinions rather than news). This guy is a stooge for getting involved.

Edit: looks like the Facebook site has been deleted. Or, at least, it doesn't show up on my phone.

Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).

The recoil bruised my shoulder. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD
Even in semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened.

So which is it, the most horrible thing ever experienced, or so simple that you don't even know what happened?

Another good reason to have a FB account is to go to this guy's FB page and blast him for hosting this wimp. And the negative comments are starting to pile up.

... might as well be written by the moms who need action, and is not a legitimate news source (it publishes opinions rather than news). ...

This is a good one. Hope I remember it next time I give testimony at the statehouse. Will just slip it in while talking (pardon the expression).

brainwashing tactics.
shooting an AR-15 is far less frightening than than riding in a taxi.

You can use it in a ghost gun

7oguhL1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom