• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is it about the AR?

Last weekend I took two young women to the range for their first time. One, who is about 14 was a natural. The first time she ever shot a firearm she shot a 10 round 1 inch group with my wife's compact Ruger 10/22. Her 21 year old sister was just the opposite. She looked clumbsy holding the rifle and barely hit the target. After about an hour with the .22 rifle, I let them shoot my M&P 9 with expected results then I asked them if they would like to shoot my AR-15. At first they were afraid to shoot it but there is a particular smile that comes across the face of everyone I have seen shoot an AR for the first time. They came home excited about the outing but exclaimed that they LOVE shooting the evil black rifle.

What is it about the AR that makes so many people love it after their first shot?

Last weekend I took two young women to the range for their first time. One, who is about 14 was a natural. The first time she ever shot a firearm she shot a 10 round 1 inch group with my wife's compact Ruger 10/22. Her 21 year old sister was just the opposite. She looked clumbsy holding the rifle and barely hit the target. After about an hour with the .22 rifle, I let them shoot my M&P 9 with expected results then I asked them if they would like to shoot my AR-15. At first they were afraid to shoot it but there is a particular smile that comes across the face of everyone I have seen shoot an AR for the first time. They came home excited about the outing but exclaimed that they LOVE shooting the evil black rifle.

What is it about the AR that makes so many people love it after their first shot?

for my two friends last weekend, it is the boom the rifle gives off combined with the supreme accuracy. They smiled from the very first shot. I think it feels more badass to them than a pistol.

My theory is that is is such an easily identifiable gun, and typically associated with the US Military. It then morphs into the excitement of the newbie explaining to their other friends about the gun they shot last.

It's a lot easier to say "I shot that gun that you see in the video games and the the Military uses."

Then: "I shot a Ruger 10/22 with a 9 round rotary magazine and a Tapco four power scope."

Just sounds more glamorous.

I think people get pleasantly surprised at how little recoil it has. I remember my drill instructor wanted to get the point across regarding just how little recoil the M16 had. He put the butt of the rifle in his groin and proceeded to empty a 30 round magazine in 3 round burst in quick succession. I think we all got the picture.

Because it is the greatest assault rifle ever invented,it transcends all boundries.Gender,race,religion,big tits,small tits,fat,skinny,bald,hippie,Liberal..these labels mean nothing to the alimighty AR15 assault weapon.The AR does not discriminate,it loves everybody equally..There is nothing wrong with it,the rifle is perfect in every way.Eugene Stoner died for 5 minutes and when he got to heaven,God gave him the blueprints for the AR,he was then sent back to earth to bless us with this modern marvel of science ..The AR is like a Barbie doll for men,and a penis for women...It is the Obama of assault rifles.

The AR should no longer be considered the EBR,it should now be called the FBR,the "Friendly Black Rifle".

Last edited:
My theory is that is is such an easily identifiable gun, and typically associated with the US Military. It then morphs into the excitement of the newbie explaining to their other friends about the gun they shot last.

It's a lot easier to say "I shot that gun that you see in the video games and the the Military uses."

Then: "I shot a Ruger 10/22 with a 9 round rotary magazine and a Tapco four power scope."

Just sounds more glamorous.

I don't agree. These girls have no affection for the military nor any particular knowledge of military firearms. They simply pulled the trigger for their first shot and turned and gave me that grin that is becoming more and more familiar as I let others shoot my rifle. It is possible the match trigger in my AR is a factor but I am more inclined to think it is the managable power thing that someone mentioned.

I don't agree. These girls have no affection for the military nor any particular knowledge of military firearms. They simply pulled the trigger for their first shot and turned and gave me that grin
Second the motion...

My wife doesn't even know what it's called... She was recounting her firing of it to someone else and asked me "what was the cool one I fired the other day?"

Oh and just in case someone tries...

"My wife doesn't know what it's called, she just knows the sound it makes when it takes a man's life" [rofl2]

it's exactly the opposite of the AK in what it represents. anyone who owns or lusts over an AK secretly dreams of living in a collective, wearing exactly the same drab clothing as everyone else; they yearn for breadlines, secret police, and probably lay awake at night making secret EOTWAWKI plans that revolve entirely around screaming human waves of slanty eyed brown people over-running the liberty and big boob loving tall white people with ARs.

[rofl]
[rofl] Hey your critique of my plan doesn't need to spill out into the streets now... [rofl]

This.

The AR is as quintessentially American as mom, apple pie, the Stars and Stripes, 4th of July parades, fluffy bunnies, happy dancing people in amber waves of grain, big fake boobies on eyepoppingly delicious blonde chicks riding around in big block chevies wearing daisy duke shorts and cowboy boots out in the midwest.

to touch one is a rendezvous with destiny.

it's exactly the opposite of the AK in what it represents. anyone who owns or lusts over an AK secretly dreams of living in a collective, wearing exactly the same drab clothing as everyone else; they yearn for breadlines, secret police, and probably lay awake at night making secret EOTWAWKI plans that revolve entirely around screaming human waves of slanty eyed brown people over-running the liberty and big boob loving tall white people with ARs.

[rofl]

or, to sum it up... "Mystique" [rofl]

I think people get pleasantly surprised at how little recoil it has. I remember my drill instructor wanted to get the point across regarding just how little recoil the M16 had. He put the butt of the rifle in his groin and proceeded to empty a 30 round magazine in 3 round burst in quick succession. I think we all got the picture.

Hahahaha[laugh2]

\

[rofl]

Bastid [rofl]

It's the "Boom-to-Kick ratio".

Never before has a gun this loud ever been this easy to shoot.

Stand beside it and watch someone shoot and it blasts you.

Put it to your shoulder and touch one off and it is bliss.

anyone who owns or lusts over an AK secretly dreams of living in a collective, wearing exactly the same drab clothing as everyone else; they yearn for breadlines, secret police, and probably lay awake at night making secret EOTWAWKI plans that revolve entirely around screaming human waves of slanty eyed brown people over-running the liberty and big boob loving tall white people with ARs.

[rofl]

Dead to me. [rofl]

This.

The AR is as quintessentially American as mom, apple pie, the Stars and Stripes, 4th of July parades, fluffy bunnies, happy dancing people in amber waves of grain, big fake boobies on eyepoppingly delicious blonde chicks riding around in big block chevies wearing daisy duke shorts and cowboy boots out in the midwest.

to touch one is a rendezvous with destiny.

[rofl]

I dunno... if we're gonna talk ARs/AKs and women, I'll just say this. I don't like my women high maintenance like an AR, I like them at their best when they're hot and dirty like an AK.

You could say I'm an AK kind of guy.[smile]

It is the Obama of assault rifles.

I can't disagree more. The AR is capable of doing it's job!!
The AR is a well designed machine. Not just window dressing. It is also a flexible machine willing to let the operator aim where he/she seems fit. It doesn't force it's agenda upon the operator. It is also an economical machine. One bullet in, one bullet out. It doesn't take 3 bullets to make one shot and it doesn't borrow bullets from a rich gun so that it can give them to a poor gun.

Back
Top Bottom