• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is it about the AR?

Can i shoot it again!

If you think they smile shooting an AR 15, give them a DPMS 308. Mine is on a bipod, heavily weighted-reduces recoil, and has an adjustable padded stock. They look through an ATN 36x75 scope , squeeze the trigger, watch the clay disintegrate and grin ear to ear!!
" Can I shoot it again!!!!" There is actually less felt recoil than a 223. The rifle with scope and lead weighs 20 lbs.

It's fun to shoot...super cool...customizable...accurate...bad ass...and its like potato chips you can't have just one!

I am turning mine into a varmit gun. 6x24 scope and a bipod.. nobody in my neck of the woods wants to shoot targets.. and we have a ton of coyotes messing up the deer herd

I agree with those who mentioned the boom / recoil ratio... my Dad is a hunter, and had never shot a semi-automatic rifle... he shot an AR-15, and after four or five shots turned around and said "I could shoot this all day!"

He was also grinning from ear to ear...

I think that if you did a scientific study between round, firm tits and AR's, you would find a strong correlation between people who liked both. [smile] I wanted one ever since I saw The Green Berets as a kid.

I think it is the whole "boomstick" thing, just substitute AR-15 for 12 gauge in one of my favorite movie quotes below:

Alright you primitive screw-heads listen up! See this? This here is my BOOMSTICK!! Its an 12 guage double barreled Remmington! S-marts top of the line!! You can find this in the sporting goods department. Thats right! This sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. It retails for about 199.95. It's got a walnut stock, colbalt blue steel. And a hair trigger. Thats right! Shop smart, shop -- S-mart!

Because it is the greatest assault rifle ever invented,it transcends all boundries.Gender,race,religion,big tits,small tits,fat,skinny,bald,hippie,Liberal..these labels mean nothing to the alimighty AR15 assault weapon.The AR does not discriminate,it loves everybody equally..There is nothing wrong with it,the rifle is perfect in every way.Eugene Stoner died for 5 minutes and when he got to heaven,God gave him the blueprints for the AR,he was then sent back to earth to bless us with this modern marvel of science ..The AR is like a Barbie doll for men,and a penis for women...It is the Obama of assault rifles.

The AR should no longer be considered the EBR,it should now be called the FBR,the "Friendly Black Rifle".

Last edited:
I can't disagree more. The AR is capable of doing it's job!!
The AR is a well designed machine. Not just window dressing. It is also a flexible machine willing to let the operator aim where he/she seems fit. It doesn't force it's agenda upon the operator. It is also an economical machine. One bullet in, one bullet out. It doesn't take 3 bullets to make one shot and it doesn't borrow bullets from a rich gun so that it can give them to a poor gun.

What he said. I want at least 20 more....

My theory is that is is such an easily identifiable gun, and typically associated with the US Military. It then morphs into the excitement of the newbie explaining to their other friends about the gun they shot last.

It's a lot easier to say "I shot that gun that you see in the video games and the the Military uses."

Then: "I shot a Ruger 10/22 with a 9 round rotary magazine and a Tapco four power scope."

Just sounds more glamorous.

My experience is the same as that of the OP, except that the people who have demonstrated this response are folks who would be totally unaware of military connection or the like.

I attribute it to lack of recoil, ergonomics of pistol grip and trigger (a lot of utter newbies have trouble with wrist manipulation with traditional wooden stocks) and target reaction (using tin cans or ripe fruit as targets).

Back
Top Bottom