• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What if government takes our guns...

im not counting on DHS down through Local LEO to suddenly start defending my constitutional rights....nor am I counting on large numbers of men and women to be of the Lexington Ma types either? Im not sure what will happen when the day comes

Do you hear yourself? What if you have kids right behind you and ask "what's going on papa" when the police at your door, do you open fire? Yes, I will be dead. I will die for my beliefs. But I won't let my family die with me. Family always comes first.

Family first for sure, But I would rather have them die with me than have them enslaved by the very Government that took it upon itself to come crashing through my door in the first place all in the name of whatever law they decided to make up as we go along.

Look at the big picture not the " What If's "

If the day ever comes, defenders of the 2nd need to attack soft targets, not hard ones.

It's very short sighted to get into a gunfight with a swat team, but to assasinate the politicians, judges, and chiefs that sent them would make a lot more sense.

It wont happen like that anyway. Door to door confiscation would be an absolute last resort for the gov

I don't think all LEO and national guard would comply. We've seen some sheriffs around the country push back on some gun control measures.

Like has already been said, a majority of those that talk tough about fighting back will in reality comply. There are some that actually will fight back. With any luck a few of those incidents may be the spark needed to rally others to the cause.

Exactly - It only took 3% the first time right?

What the hell, I'll play:

Attrition rates would be quite high, the first raid is 20 armed thugs, the second is 18 and so on. If some one is ready, has good situational awareness it could be a lot higher.

Then the question is, how much do the thugs 'believe in the cause'?

Further, in light of other current stories, it is clear if they raid your house you have a very good chance of ending up injured or dead - so, to put it another way, do you get on the train car willingly or not?

The cowards will probably use some type of fear media / propaganda campaign first, then tear gas and flash bang your house, then kick in the door when they think that it is safe enough to enter.

If the government, at any level, simply comes to someone's house and takes away guns from people who aren't doing anything else wrong, then it's a 2A, 4A, and personal property rights violation. So I'd imagine that a lot of manufactured evidence will show up.

If confiscation does happen, the entire Bill of Rights / Constitution would be a moot point and this country might as well call itself a communist one.

Family first for sure, But I would rather have them die with me than have them enslaved by the very Government that took it upon itself to come crashing through my door in the first place all in the name of whatever law they decided to make up as we go along.

Enslaved. Geez. Thought we already had that war and I'm pretty sure that slavery already lost.

And go out you will with that plan, just as you have designed. Then who's going to look out for your family? Your well thought out plan is a bit penny wise and pound foolish to be a formula for success. For the benefit of your loved ones, I hope that you either rethink your very short term plan or have a better back up plan in place. Live to fight the good fight another day my friend.

And none of this matters because if it happens it's not going to happen that way. There will be no blaze of glory because the black vans are not gonna come and pick up the guns all at once. The confiscations will happen with a whimper, and they will just collect "illeeeegal guns" opportunistically the way they do in the UK and AU.

-Mike

You may well rather have your family die with you, but I'm thinking your not in charge of when others in your family are suppose to die. You sound more like King Obama when you talk like that because you know when its best for your family to die as Obama knows what best for our health care.

The Katrina situation was kind of like Daffy Duck's nitro show.
It's a great trick , but you can only do it once.
In the event of a similar situation, anyone who get's caught by surprise when they come a knocking hasn't been paying attention.
Figuring it in as a factor in any disaster plan should be a given.
Orders will be followed.
Doubt it at your own peril.

What makes you think they all would.
This. The minute that order comes down is the minute i resign my commission. Yes I would probably go to jail. A fact my wife is prepared for if it ever comes to that. I have many fellow guardsmen that feel the same way.

I watch Red Dawn, the remake, each Sunday, as prep. There's nothing else you need to know. Study it, learn it, memorize it, especially the cool one liners.

In all seriousness, we've already lost. The country has already succumb to tyranny, and it's just slowly tightening it's grip. We're frogs. In a pot. Does anyone else think it's hot in here?

And yes, if the black vans are cruising your neighborhood to take your guns, it's already too late, way too late. But I say, it's already too late, right now.

Last edited:
The real question is, are there enough LEOs and soldiers who, if and when the orders are given, will abide by their oaths and deal with their traitorous commanding officers?

In Massachusetts? Yes, I believe there are.
I'll also bet many, many LEOs, Chiefs, etc etc believe in 2A, support 2A, believe we should be allowed to carry without license, believe in "shall issue" laws, yet they would never EVER admit it publicly, lest the Golden Goo$e be killed. I once lived in a red town where the Licensing Officer is a great guy, will tell you off the record his true feelings on guns, on 2A etc. And he will also tell you that "he has to do what he has to do" because it's his job on the line, and, like almost all Superior Officers in any police department, they're cops and they issue - and follow - orders. Period.

I also know a LOT of cops, am related to cops, etc. I talked to a Boston Police Captain years ago (he's now retired) who told me in a completely "off the record" chat that Captain Scobie, the long-time licensing officer in Boston, was actually a "pretty good guy and pretty much pro-gun", yet he had the reputation for being one of the toughest SOBs in the state when it came to issuing (or, more frequently, denying!) LTCs. Because it simply was his job to say "NO" and if questioned as to why, to issue the standard "BECAUSE I SAID SO". Yet he was "pretty much pro-gun" according to his fellow Captain..I don't know if this is 100% true, but the Captain who told me the story had never lied to me, about anything, during our years of friendship.

And I think the "Do as you're told even if it conflicts with your beliefs" holds true in many MANY lines of work. I make really good coin on my job, and maybe ten or twenty times PER DAY there are situations which arise where I know for a fact that my boss(es) really should have their head(s) examined for the policy/rule/order they just issued, for me to follow. I believe many of my "superiors' in my company are the biggest d*ckwads on the planet and that more than half of what they want me (and those that work for me) to do is absolutely ridiculous, moronic BS policy. Then I put my tail between my legs and do what I'm ordered to do -because I know that they themselves know it's a BS rule, yet THEIR boss ordered them to do it. And my favorite line, for which I'm pretty much known by in my company? "As Long As The Paycheck Clears".
It's a SUCK way to work, and it is absolutely a negative, fish-rots-from-the-head atmosphere. People are miserable there. Many days, I am also. Sometimes I'll relay an order, then sit back and observe the order creating havoc, confusion, discourse, etc...then basically (privately) laugh my ass off when the whole thing collapses like a house of cards and my "boss" takes it on the chin. But the paycheck clears every week and it's a damned good one and I don't break a sweat very often. No heavy lifting. Heaviest thing I've lifted in my years there was my fork at dinner time, and I'm not exaggerating. Second heaviest thing I've lifted? My paycheck. And I'm guessing there are a lot of licensing officers who would much rather work in a "shall issue" state. But a lot of those "shall issue" states don't pay their PD Superior Officers enough that they can afford a home, a second home on the Cape, plus a time-share in Costa Rica - like my now retired friend the former BPD Captain, who I know for sure had to follow MANY the order over the years that he felt was completely asinine/retarded/ridiculous etc..."As long as the paycheck cleared". There are plenty of cops on NES that could probably spend hours telling you stories like this, orders they've been forced to follow, etc...

Remember the Stooges episode..."How would you boys like to make fifty bucks apiece?"....and Moe replies "Who do we have to kill?"
Pretty much describes where I work, and probably where my friend the retired Captain worked also.

Last edited:
In Massachusetts? Yes, I believe there are.
I'll also bet many, many LEOs, Chiefs, etc etc believe in 2A, support 2A, believe we should be allowed to carry without license, believe in "shall issue" laws, yet they would never EVER admit it publicly, lest the Golden Goo$e be killed. I once lived in a red town where the Licensing Officer is a great guy, will tell you off the record his true feelings on guns, on 2A etc. And he will also tell you that "he has to do what he has to do" because it's his job on the line, and, like almost all Superior Officers in any police department, they're cops and they issue - and follow - orders. Period.

I also know a LOT of cops, am related to cops, etc. I talked to a Boston Police Captain years ago (he's now retired) who told me in a completely "off the record" chat that Scobee, the long-time licensing officer in Boston, was actually a "pretty good guy and pretty much pro-gun", yet he had the reputation for being one of the toughest SOBs in the state when it came to issuing (or, more frequently, denying!) LTCs. Because it simply was his job to say "NO" and if questioned as to why, to issue the standard "BECAUSE I SAID SO". Yet he was "pretty much pro-gun" according to his fellow Captain..I don't know if this is 100% true, but the Captain who told me the story had never lied to me, about anything, during our years of friendship.

And I think the "Do as you're told even if it conflicts with your beliefs" holds true in many MANY lines of work. I make really good coin on my job, and maybe ten or twenty times PER DAY there are situations which arise where I know for a fact that my boss(es) really should have their head(s) examined for the policy/rule/order they just issued, for me to follow. I believe many of my "superiors' in my company are the biggest d*ckwads on the planet and that more than half of what they want me (and those that work for me) to do is absolutely ridiculous, moronic BS policy. Then I put my tail between my legs and do what I'm ordered to do. And my favorite line, for which I'm pretty much known by in my company? "As Long As The Paycheck Clears".
It's a SUCK way to work, and it is absolutely a negative, fish-rots-from-the-head atmosphere. People are miserable there. Many days, I am also.

But the paycheck clears every week. And I'm guessing there are a lot of licensing officers who would much rather work in a "shall issue" state. But a lot of those "shall issue" states don't pay their PD Superior Officers enough that they can afford a home, a second home on the Cape, plus a time-share in Costa Rica - like my now retired friend, the former BPD Captain who I know for sure followed MANY the order over the years that he felt was completely asinine/retarded/ridiculous etc..

"As long as the paycheck cleared"

Years ago, I saw a documentary about a train engineer. His job was to pick up jews every morning and drop them at camps each night. When asked why he did it, he explained that he needed a paycheck and if he didn't do it, then someone else would and his family would starve.

So, I ask you, is he being used as Satan's pin cushion right now?

Doing immoral and illegal things for a paycheck? Wow! And rationalizing it!?!? And this just really proves my point from earlier. This country has already jumped the shark. There is no coming back from this trip.

If or when that insane day ever comes, they won't be coming to simply collect your guns. They will be coming to kill you. You are the danger to them, with or without your stash.

Years ago, I saw a documentary about a train engineer. His job was to pick up jews every morning and drop them at camps each night. When asked why he did it, he explained that he needed a paycheck and if he didn't do it, then someone else would and his family would starve.
So, I ask you, is he being used as Satan's pin cushion right now?
Doing immoral and illegal things for a paycheck? Wow! And rationalizing it!?!? And this just really proves my point from earlier. This country has already jumped the shark. There is no coming back from this trip.

Immoral and illegal things? NO, absolutely not rationalizing that in any way shape or form....But rationalizing following STUPID asinine rules/regs/orders etc? In the name of a paycheck?
In many ways, don't we all? Anyone who's ever worked a job, worked for someone else, and says they've never followed an order that they thought was outright stupid is probably lying.

And the train engineer back then? When asked why he did it?...
Ummm, maybe also cuz:

19ennxxsh42oojpg.jpg

Last edited:
Time for some folks here to wake up...
They have been planning for the last 30-50 years to do what the op spectulates...

Some see things and remember and add those things to a list and once those things have been added up it makes alot more sence to what the final outcome will be...

Like the fema camps as they are called I remember hearing about those more than 20 years ago and within the last 15 yrs hearing about krb building them and the legistlation behind the money to create them...

Also I remember a paper being circulated around the 1994 time frame from a 29 palms base asking servicemen if they would fire on civilians if gov gave the order to collect their firearms...

ETA said:
LCDR Guy Cunningham's 1994 Twentynine Palms Combat Arms Survey

And everyone has heard about the ammo purchases that gov has made.

The UN's agenda 21 also has a factor in this.

All of these things and many more ive either forgotten about are pieces of a puzzle that will point to whats going to happen or at least a idea of what the future will bring.

Last edited:
I think drgrant hit it on the nose..."The real war against gun culture is being waged RIGHT NOW, to the tune of trying to get society to turn against us, by demonizing firearms and owners, through various means."

Just look at freedom of speech and right to privacy in this country right now. It's the rise of Little Brother and social media we have to worry about, not Big Brother. We're turning on ourselves...well, Liberals are anyway. Not exactly sure how you fight off an army of anonymous ass backward do gooders.

Last edited:
To much to read everything, but my .02....
They know what will happen if they just did some overnight gun ban or "night of long knives" type crap it would be massive failure to comply and a blood bath everywhere else...
So they never will do it, instead it will be drips and drabs and a general publicity attack against gun owners until no one is left.
Semi-auto AW, then all semi-auto rifles, then pistols, then bolt action rifles, all rifles/shotguns.... not to mention slowly adding more and more pp's to the mix

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

They know what will happen if they just did some overnight gun ban or "night of long knives" type crap it would be massive failure to comply and a blood bath everywhere else...
So they never will do it, instead it will be drips and drabs and a general publicity attack against gun owners until no one is left.
Semi-auto AW, then all semi-auto rifles, then pistols, then bolt action rifles, all rifles/shotguns.... not to mention slowly adding more and more pp's to the mix

You kidding me! First they want my guns. Then my PP!

I must be different.

I prefer to think:

"What if we take GOVERNMENT'S guns..."

The trickle effect is bad policy for the Statists in the Blue States on the Coasts. Those who see it coming will abandon the Statist strongholds and hole up in the Midwest, South, and West, where they have already passed laws in some states prohibiting the enforcement of Federal firearms laws.
Immigrants will fight the another Civil War between the People's State of America and the New Confederate States of America, when Texas secedes, and all the gun States with gun owners join them.

Time for some folks here to wake up...
They have been planning for the last 30-50 years to do what the op spectulates...

Some see things and remember and add those things to a list and once those things have been added up it makes alot more sence to what the final outcome will be...

Like the fema camps as they are called I remember hearing about those more than 20 years ago and within the last 15 yrs hearing about krb building them and the legistlation behind the money to create them...

Also I remember a paper being circulated around the 1994 time frame from a 29 palms base asking servicemen if they would fire on civilians if gov gave the order to collect their firearms...

And everyone has heard about the ammo purchases that gov has made.

The UN's agenda 21 also has a factor in this.

All of these things and many more ive either forgotten about are pieces of a puzzle that will point to whats going to happen or at least a idea of what the future will bring.

Let me toss some common sense on the fire here Sam.

Yes, LEOs that I know and work with have discussed this at length, we speculate just like everybody else. We look at actual prior incidents too, the latest from CA and PA respectively. In both instances, one man, one, put an entire state on lockdown. One held out for a short time, due to his impatience (my opinion), one held out for quite a bit longer. Either way, both those guys demonstrated just how easy an armed,trained, angry,motivated populace would absolutely destroy LE. I have news for you, LE wants no part of "go time" on any scale bigger than Phillips and Matarsaraneau.
When I was in Afghanistan, there were multiple instances when 4 or 5 TB hemmed up a company strength element for 8 hours at a time, and we had AWT and CAS.
The US military and LE would lose big in this country if "go time" ever came around, and we know it.

Let me toss some common sense on the fire here Sam.

Yes, LEOs that I know and work with have discussed this at length, we speculate just like everybody else. We look at actual prior incidents too, the latest from CA and PA respectively. In both instances, one man, one, put an entire state on lockdown. One held out for a short time, due to his impatience (my opinion), one held out for quite a bit longer. Either way, both those guys demonstrated just how easy an armed,trained, angry,motivated populace would absolutely destroy LE. I have news for you, LE wants no part of "go time" on any scale bigger than Phillips and Matarsaraneau.
When I was in Afghanistan, there were multiple instances when 4 or 5 TB hemmed up a company strength element for 8 hours at a time, and we had AWT and CAS.
The US military and LE would lose big in this country if "go time" ever came around, and we know it.

So DHS won't be needing all that ammo they bought then? When can we group buy?

Back
Top Bottom