• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What if government takes our guns...

IMHO, much of the tough guy, pry it from my cold dead hands talk that I hear will fall by the wayside when many come to the reality that they are not the only one at home if, or when the gun grabbers make a call to their home to take firearms. The safety of wives, children and elderly parents are just some of the attitude adjusters that will surely also be considered before one decides to lock and load in defense of their right to keep and bear arms for real. It sucks, but then it's just my opinion.

Yes, few of us will risk our families to fight 80 cops at the front door. But what will happen imo, is you'll have like-minded citizens meeting in hiding places, forming a revolution. And this will probably happen soon after the first doors are busted down.

Since the police, national guard, troops will follow the order, what can we do? Do you have the guts to resist?

This entire nostrum is dumb tinfoiler bullshit, because it's simply not a realistic scenario under most circumstances. It's the equivalent of worrying about a muzzie crashing an airliner into your house, specifically. You''re getting wrapped up around a threat that will probably never come, and if it does come, it means we've all failed at protecting our rights, probably years or decades before it happens. The "war to take your guns away" is a mostly silent one, and it's going on, right now, in a whole bunch of different, insidious ways that have nothing to do with this tinfoiler fantasy of black vans with armed guys in it coming around to round up 200 million+ guns. If it ever gets to that point, it's already way too late to do anything about it.

The real war against gun culture is being waged RIGHT NOW, to the tune of trying to get society to turn against us, by demonizing firearms and owners, through various means. The constant barrage of "guns are bad", "this local range is too noisy, it must be shut down", "who needs a machine gun to kill a deer" and all that other bullshit, that's what the real threat is, because mind viruses often result in bad legislation and legislation leads to reducing the number of gun owners, etc, over time. The gun grabbers have failed on the full frontal assault attempts, so they are now shifting gears towards what I call a "long term erosion" strategy. Look at what Bloomberg, et al are trying to do with various media campaigns, etc. We've resisted this crap so far only because a lot more people are skeptical of this gun controller bullshit than they used to be, but the resistance is never strong enough. There's another prong to all of this, which is, in a nutshell- americans gleefully sucking for the notion of trading liberty for "safety".... that encompasses a whole other realm of which guns and gun ownership are really only a small part of. A far more realistic scenario than the tinfoiler bullshit of "black vans rounding up all the guns" is some muzzie incident where they shoot up a mall, school or similar (think mumbai, beslan, etc. ) and kill a bunch of children in the process, and then a bunch of wussbag retards start dancing on the bloody toddler corpses singing "save the orphans" and braying "ban the guns, guns are bad, this happened cuz you can buy guns too easily, wah wah wah" and then a bunch of despicable legislators take the easy way out and will try to send us down the river- they would get conned into signing our rights away in the from of another assault weapons ban attempt or similar bullshit. That is a real threat.

IMHO If black vans are coming to round up everyones guns, it's too ****ing late.

-Mike

Yes, I don't expect this happen in my generation, probably a few generations down the road. It's a "what if" although it sounded rather stupid at this time.

The REAL question is how many police and national guard members are willing to die while trying to illegally take guns from lawful gun owners. 50? 100? 1000? There will be a number of people who resist. Once the word gets out through social media that they are coming for our guns, there will be a number of LE and NG members that get shot and die (as will some lawful gun owners, too).

The number of firearms owners in the US outnumber LE and NG members by quite a margin. There will be a point in the LE/NG confiscation efforts where they will pause because it may no longer be worth the risk to them. Remember the Battle of Thermopylae. The Persians lost their taste for battle with the Greeks.

Molon labe.

Since we're playing this what if game, do you think they'll show up at every home in America with a list and cross them off by serial number? Even in MA where we register every gun, oops, I mean every transaction, it would take a long time to process every household. What if I told them I left half of my collection at a hunting camp in VT?

Since we're playing this what if game, do you think they'll show up at every home in America with a list and cross them off by serial number? Even in MA where we register every gun, oops, I mean every transaction, it would take a long time to process every household. What if I told them I left half of my collection at a hunting camp in VT?

no, as with anything they would go for the soft targets first.

first step is take all the ones willingly turned in after you make it illegal to own them (and there will be many who do this) then you go after people who the public won't side with anyway, then the next group no one cares about, then the next, then the next, then you claim you won and confiscated all the guns even if not true

The REAL question is how many police and national guard members are willing to die while trying to illegally take guns from lawful gun owners. 50? 100? 1000? There will be a number of people who resist. Once the word gets out through social media that they are coming for our guns, there will be a number of LE and NG members that get shot and die (as will some lawful gun owners, too).

The number of firearms owners in the US outnumber LE and NG members by quite a margin. There will be a point in the LE/NG confiscation efforts where they will pause because it may no longer be worth the risk to them. Remember the Battle of Thermopylae. The Persians lost their taste for battle with the Greeks.

Molon labe.

To the contrary. Our numbers do not out number federal and united nations troops.

Molon labe.

drgrant put it best when he wrote, " If the black vans come to take the guns, it's already to late".

Last edited:

Since the police, national guard, troops will follow the order, what can we do? Do you have the guts to resist?

=======================================
Okay, I might have not addressed my original post clearly. A friend of mine pointed out that what happened in that video I quoted only showed government's interest in our AR. I am actually imagining a scenario that douchebag like Obama passes an executive fart again and says let's take all the guns (all the firearms). The video only shows that some maybe not all the cops, national guards, troops will compliant with the order, perhaps burdened by the vow they took.

If they take my guns, its only because Im no longer alive, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm an LEO I have to ask myself...am I willing to shoot citizens simply because they want to retain what's theirs, which is protected by the COTUS? If not I had better find another line of work because, at some point, I'll be faced with that choice

If I'm an LEO I have to ask myself...am I willing to shoot citizens simply because they want to retain what's theirs, which is protected by the COTUS? If not I had better find another line of work because, at some point, I'll be faced with that choice

They have families with firearms as well. So do thousands of families with influence. They going to confiscate theirs too? Doubtful.

I would just become a registered Democrat and gun control advocate. Then I could carry at a school, flaunt illegal items on the tv after police advice me not to,
Fallsify a form 4 to obtain an Mp5.And all I would receive is community service.

Come on nobody should own guns, get over it you extremists.

IMHO, much of the tough guy, pry it from my cold dead hands talk that I hear will fall by the wayside when many come to the reality that they are not the only one at home if, or when the gun grabbers make a call to their home to take firearms. The safety of wives, children and elderly parents are just some of the attitude adjusters that will surely also be considered before one decides to lock and load in defense of their right to keep and bear arms for real. It sucks, but then it's just my opinion.

Umm a bit hypocritical aren't we? Your suppose to protect wives, children and elderly parents, what do you think is gonna happen to them if you are passive? Dead anyway...so choose wisely your opinions. My theory if I'm dead anyway Im going out blazing.

.Gov isn't as dumb as we'd like to believe. .Gov is made up of people too. .Gov already knows that you hang out at the local gun shop and shoot at the local club with local law enforcement and that you probably get together at the local Elks club too. Some of my best friends and shooting buddies are local law enforcement. That's why federal and united nations troops will be deployed to do this dirty work, if it ever happens at all.

Umm a bit hypocritical aren't we? Your suppose to protect wives, children and elderly parents, what do you think is gonna happen to them if you are passive? Dead anyway...so choose wisely your opinions. My theory if I'm dead anyway Im going out blazing.

He's point was "what do you think is going to happen to your family in your house when you chose to resist?"

I think Mr. Two-Pac Shakur summed it up well in his hit single "Ambitionz As A Ridah"

"I'd rather die before they capture me, watch me bleed
Mama come rescue me I'm suicidal, thinking thoughts
I'm innocent, so there'll be bullets flying when I'm caught
(Shoot!) **** doing jail time, better day, sacrificing
Won't get a chance to do me like they did my **** Tyson
Thugging for life, and if you right, then **** die for it
Let them other brothers try, at least you tried for it
When it's time to die, to be a man, you pick the way you leave
**** peace and the police, my ambitions as a ridah"

Oh, and a lesser known General once wrote a few words that are relevant, something along the lines of "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."

Last edited:
He's point was "what do you think is going to happen to your family in your house when you chose to resist?"

Your dead anyway if it comes to that point. The agents are shooting to kill these days and ask questions later. So resist you bet your ass. We have been pussified as a populace in this Country and to fear our Government as well as our local Police, the brain washing has worked.

And besides, if something like this was gonna happen it would have taken place in Connecticut or New York. The fear is who is gonna make the first move.

Last edited:

And go out you will with that plan, just as you have designed. Then who's going to look out for your family? Your well thought out plan is a bit penny wise and pound foolish to be a formula for success. For the benefit of your loved ones, I hope that you either rethink your very short term plan or have a better back up plan in place. Live to fight the good fight another day my friend.

Your dead anyway if it comes to that point. The agents are shooting to kill these days and ask questions later. So resist you bet your ass. We have been pussified as a populace in this Country and to fear our Government as well as our local Police, the brain washing has worked.

And besides, if something like this was gonna happen it would have taken place in Connecticut or New York. The fear is who is gonna make the first move.

Do you hear yourself? What if you have kids right behind you and ask "what's going on papa" when the police at your door, do you open fire? Yes, I will be dead. I will die for my beliefs. But I won't let my family die with me. Family always comes first. That's why people say "When the Vans come to your house,it's ****ing late."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom