• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What gun have you wanted for a long time but just won't spend the money on?

Shooting Supply in Westport has a nice one and it's been there for awhile. Maybe it's time.
I got a tax return burning a hole in my pocket. I've been holding off on a serious hunt for one because I shoot bullseye league at the club once a week for 2 months. I'm using an old single action blackhawk now.....the thing is actually Lazer accurate with the right reloads and I shoot it quite well in the league. I can't help but think a model 52 would be an improvement on my scores plus....they are just so pretty.

Same. It makes sense. Short footprint. Decent aftermarket support. War proven. I can never get around to it even though it's probably good to have.
I might consider spending the money on it except for the 16" barrel sticking so far out of it.

I have two. Sig P210 and Colt Python. Both companies rereleased them in recent years, but even though they were less than what used ones were going for before, I just couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger, so to speak.

Wartime 1911, Wartime luger, custom built 1911 (or even Wilson, Ed Brown or Nighthawk), original 1st gen Colt SAA, any full-auto. I could go on, but why bother. Unfortunately, the fact is that I could technically afford any of these now, but I am old and arthritic and just can't shoot that much anymore without being in pain for days after a range trip. In addition, I have no children to leave my guns to, although my wife has a couple of nephews that would probably love to have them.

My advice is don't wait for the "ideal" time to buy something you really want, if you can afford it and think you will shoot it and enjoy owning it, buy it!

Gold or Gold Tiger Stripe Desert Eagle

Daewoo K1A1 and K2. I’ll actually spend reasonable money on these but they don’t come up often.

M16, MP5, AC556, Uzi. I‘ve found decent deals on a few and I want to take advantage of my green card, but it’s hard to part with that kind of money. Especially when I can’t play with them at my clubs.

A CZ. Pretty much any model. Not just the gun, but then I’d have to ship it off for upgrades and such. And then I’d likely run a box or two a year through it. Wouldn’t carry it or anything.

I’m also fighting the urge for one of the new Colt Pythons.

I have wanted a Springfield Socom 16 for the longest damn time but I know it just won't get used enough and it's one that I just can't spend the money on.

I have lots of guns I don't use much and have spent good money on but for some reason,
this is the one I just can't seem to do.
Colt Detective Special.

Back
Top Bottom