What gun control would you actually support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key word here is "Control"

What kind of Freedom of Speech control would you be in favor of ?
Well, I think the lefties have made that clear - any speech which advocates for limited government, freedom and Republican candidates should be tightly controlled.

Zbrod, I think you are going to find that on this issue, like many, your side of the political spectrum has overplayed their hand for decades now. We are so far past anything that we'd find acceptable that the concept of "compromise" is no longer available to us, we need to start working on taking away much of the power you have given to government.

Compromise requires agreeing on a point between two opinions, but the spectrum looks like this:

X <------------------> Y

Where:
X=New Deal, Welfare State, BarryCare, Medicare, Social Security, BarryCare Wealth Redistribution through taxation, State Sponsored Union thugary, violation of 1A, 2A, 4A, 5A, etc...

Y=GET OFF MY LAWN.

We are already pegged on your side of the spectrum. If you think we can allow you to go further, you are mistaken.

Great post. Winner!

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Anytime a person can be imprisoned for defending themselves, their family or the life of another in need is Absolutely, Positively Wrong.

Yeah I'm still here, lurking in the shadows, waiting for my chance to start another flame war... No but really, I've been reading a lot of the threads about injustices visited upon gun owners* by the state, and generally I sympathize so contain your rage. I've also read many posts about how, if the state had enforced their existing laws, such and such incident wouldn't have been an issue, or have alluded to a set of "acceptable" gun laws/restrictions that are not actually enumerated anywhere. So I ask you: what, if any, gun regulation do you support in order to keep them out of the hands of bad guys (people seem to generally agree this is a legitimate aim)?

Also, again to avoid cluttering the forum: I've decided that for my first gun I want a .45 1911. Recommendations? I'm looking at the S&W's.

*There was one thread about a guy who had C4, and people were outraged it had been taken from him. I was kinda surprised.
No gun control. Zero.

Why can't idiot libtards like you understand that it is the ACTUAL CONDUCT not the OBJECT or the POTENTIAL CONDUCT that needs to be penalized.

You're nothing but a [troll] and I seriously doubt you are one of us.

Proper grip, stance, sight picture, breath, trigger, and follow through.
umm..
and ban all 1911's.
that should do it!

[smile]

(i'm only kidding about the 1911's....)

(retracted due to my own logic. carry on.)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm still here, lurking in the shadows, waiting for my chance to start another flame war... No but really, I've been reading a lot of the threads about injustices visited upon gun owners* by the state, and generally I sympathize so contain your rage. I've also read many posts about how, if the state had enforced their existing laws, such and such incident wouldn't have been an issue, or have alluded to a set of "acceptable" gun laws/restrictions that are not actually enumerated anywhere. So I ask you: what, if any, gun regulation do you support in order to keep them out of the hands of bad guys (people seem to generally agree this is a legitimate aim)?

Also, again to avoid cluttering the forum: I've decided that for my first gun I want a .45 1911. Recommendations? I'm looking at the S&W's.

*There was one thread about a guy who had C4, and people were outraged it had been taken from him. I was kinda surprised.

t1.jpg

No intellectual argument will lead you to a place where any gun control saves law abiding citizens from criminals b/c by definition they don't care about laws or citizens.

I would support kids under 18 not being able to carry guns in school. But, I bet someone may easily convince me that even that one law, if it were the only law, is even not necessary.

There is no possible law or set of laws that will not infringe upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms. The fact that you refer to it as gun CONTROL says it all. How can you control something without infringing on it's use and/or possession?

OK. The one and only law I will support would be to keep firearms out of the hands of prisoners.

No restrictions, period.

Seriously, I believe everybody should have some basic safety training. A cert. to show you did it. And that's it.
I know most hate the idea of mandatory training, but i don't wanna be shot or see someone else get shot for lack of a couple of hours out of their life. It benefits everyone and some people need it. So get over it.
Basic safety class, and that's it.
And if your a violent repeat offender, well, better get used to the view from jail. permanently. Tho... if there were true freedom, you probably wouldn't live long enough to have to worry about it. see! everybody wins!

You started off good, then went full retard.

Last edited:
umm..
and ban all 1911's.
that should do it!

[smile]

(i'm only kidding about the 1911's....)

Seriously, I believe everybody should have some basic safety training. A cert. to show you did it. And that's it.
I know most hate the idea of mandatory training, but i don't wanna be shot or see someone else get shot for lack of a couple of hours out of their life. It benefits everyone and some people need it. So get over it.
And if your a violent repeat offender, well, better get used to the view from jail. permanently. Tho... if there were true freedom, you probably wouldn't live long enough to have to worry about it. see! everybody wins!

Who determines proficiency needed to pass? Do you want any other amendment to require classes in order to exercise?

The only people that benefit from gun control are criminals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe your training requirements can go straight to hell.

I've had loaded guns pointed at me by people who more or less just got their safety cert.

A slip of paper does not stop people from being unsafe with firearms.

Training should be up to the people buying the guns, and maybe even the gun shops. (Not forcing it, just advocating it if they detect someone needs some help... )

Beyond that I want the government to get the f**k out of my life and stop telling me what I have to do to exercise a constitutional right.

Hint: While she is waiting for a "safety course" a woman dies because she wasn't allowed to take her gun home, and her psycho ex husband/boyfriend comes in and murders her with an axe or whatever. This is no different than the existing failure modes induced by "waiting periods" and the like. Unfortunately we can't document it and expose this s**t to the public because dead people can't come back and tell us they had intended on buying a firearm for their own protection but were c-blocked by the laws. If there was a way to get the data magically somehow, I could build a pretty good "aids quilt" of all the people in america who have been killed by this type of gun control. (or at least it could be argued, that this sort of gun control helped their assailants. )

Chew on that for awhile. Any gun shop clerk with half a brain can teach someone how to safely use something like a revolver in about 10 minutes flat.

-Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom