What gun control would you actually support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only gun control law I would support is to not allow those who are trying to take away my 2A rights to posses guns. Many of them own guns which makes them scumbag hypocrites.

Last edited:
Actually I have to issue a self correction. I mentioned baking money into pies. I was wrong. It turns out Dave Barry invented that one.

Dave Barry said:
“See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs.”

Actually I have to issue a self correction. I mentioned baking money into pies. I was wrong. It turns out Dave Barry invented that one.
Well, to be fair, most of us spend it on guns and ammo (and send a good chunk of that down range [wink]), so we clearly cannot be trusted with our own money.

I still find it super entertaining that some people here support the purchase and possession by private citizens things of like MANPADS.

NES is the polar opposite of the far left, so much so that I think beliefs like that actually alienate the entire "Centrist" group of the population as well as another good sized chunk to majority of the conservative side.

Lets start at getting the ability to own rifles with collapsible stocks in all the states (will be hard), then lets go to repeal the NFA and MG business (could be impossible). The idea that people should posses weapons that can shoot down air craft is so off in fantasy land its not worth mentioning, since all it does is alienate people who otherwise could be strong supporters of the way the 2A is more commonly interpreted.

Lets start at getting the ability to own rifles with collapsible stocks...

It's somewhat surprising how many of the things that are prohibited are actually safety improvements. Adjustable stocks are one. Suppressors are another.

I still find it super entertaining that some people here support the purchase and possession by private citizens things of like MANPADS.

NES is the polar opposite of the far left, so much so that I think beliefs like that actually alienate the entire "Centrist" group of the population as well as another good sized chunk to majority of the conservative side.

Lets start at getting the ability to own rifles with collapsible stocks in all the states (will be hard), then lets go to repeal the NFA and MG business (could be impossible). The idea that people should posses weapons that can shoot down air craft is so off in fantasy land its not worth mentioning, since all it does is alienate people who otherwise could be strong supporters of the way the 2A is more commonly interpreted.

These were brought up as a means to show the extent of where the 2A goes. We were asked where to draw the line, and we answered. Obviously, we're not actively fighting to get SAMs and the like available to the public because it's not even a logical battle while we still have federal gun control laws pertaining to everything from long guns under a certain length and full-auto, plus all of the individual infringements by state (discretionary licensing in MA, over-reaching gun laws in NJ, IL, and DC, etc).

As you can see from other threads on the subject, discretionary licensing in MA is the biggest fish to fry at this moment.

The idea that people should posses weapons that can shoot down air craft is so off in fantasy land its not worth mentioning, since all it does is alienate people who otherwise could be strong supporters of the way the 2A is more commonly interpreted.

Then they're missing the entire point of the 2A. "More commonly interpreted" begets MA and CA.

Then they're missing the entire point of the 2A. "More commonly interpreted" begets MA and CA.

So can we use vocabulary that Americans use in actual verbal conversion or are we going to stick to the big boy "I'm apparently trying to write my phd thesis paper" vocabulary?

Gonzo, if your going to have a conversation with me we need to keep the words under 5th grade. thanks.

So can we use vocabulary that Americans use in actual verbal conversion or are we going to stick to the big boy "I'm apparently trying to write my phd thesis paper" vocabulary?

Gonzo, if your going to have a conversation with me we need to keep the words under 5th grade. thanks.

Or maybe you should aspire to go on and through perseverance, endeavor to complete the sixth grade [laugh]

"Begets"? Dude, it's biblical. Read the book of Numbers. It'll put you to sleep in no time, but you'll get some great baby names.

Last edited by a moderator:

100%.

I like Gonzo. Gonzo likes me, maybe a little to much. Sometimes, however, the Gonzo and Tiber crew randomly break out the super vocabulary. Why? I dont know. They're getting old so it could be like a mid life crisis thing.

I type like I talk. I talk with a heavy boston accent thats (im told) hard to understand, to fast and generally not clear with occasional stuttering mixed in. So, when i type, its generally not to clear and also hard to understand. Is that a problem? maybe. but people who dont like it get to miss out on the fancy-ness that is the world of Dency-poo.

only a few people are allowed to have alter egos. people like batman and superman, because their superheroes and have to protect their identity. No need for alter agos where the only super power is enhanced vocabulary thats solely used online.

100%.

I like Gonzo. Gonzo likes me, maybe a little to much. Sometimes, however, the Gonzo and Tiber crew randomly break out the super vocabulary. Why? I dont know. They're getting old so it could be like a mid life crisis thing.

I type like I talk. I talk with a heavy boston accent thats (im told) hard to understand, to fast and generally not clear with occasional stuttering mixed in. So, when i type, its generally not to clear and also hard to understand. Is that a problem? maybe. but people who dont like it get to miss out on the fancy-ness that is the world of Dency-poo.

only a few people are allowed to have alter egos. people like batman and superman, because their superheroes and have to protect their identity. No need for alter agos where the only super power is enhanced vocabulary thats solely used online.

[rofl]

The only reason we brought it up is because someone wanted us to draw a bright line in regards to how we think the 2nd amendment should be viewed- and at the same time, many of us questioned his motives for putting the question the way he did- partially because "the bazooka question" is something moonbats always try to bring out so they can use it to cast pro gunners in a bad light when dumb/shallow thinkers are watching or time is limited.

In the realm of actual legislative or judicial debate, at least in this country, I don't think extremities beyond the NFA are really going to be brought to bear- at least not without a revolution happening first. Even a stacked court would laugh at an attempt to revoke federal laws outside the NFA relating to the use/sale/storage of high explosives using the 2nd amendment as the core of the argument. That doesn't make it right, but it is what it is. The same thing with the courts not adopting POI in Macdonald. They didn't have the balls to do the right thing based on what they viewed as "upsetting a large apple cart". The legacy baggage, as I call it, is not going away without a revolution, as well as a huge shift in mindset in the process.

BTW the same "centrists" you're talking about will also break out into pant shitting hysterics about the NFA, because of the dumbass moral panic surrounding machine guns. It also doesn't help that groups like the NRA have basically been throwing machine guns under the bus for the past few decades. Hell, there are gun owners and "conservatives" that spew that stuff all the time, and some of them even own ARs and the like. The sad fact is that even though things have been growing in our favor, most of the 80 million gun owners in this country still either don't give a shit or some of them even agree with garbage like NICS, MG bans, etc, because they've been conditioned to believe that kind of garbage is acceptable. They've adopted this toxic, bullshit mindset that owning a gun is like driving a car on a public road, and not the appropriate mindset that gun ownership is a natural right recognized by the constitution.

-Mike

Mike, I think the days of the 90's and the mindless gun hating are coming to an end.

Driving a car should be considered a natural right as well, I should have the freedom to move about the country as I please

Mike, I think the days of the 90's and the mindless gun hating are coming to an end.

I agree for the most part, but you still find lots of nipplehead gun owners talking about how "nobody needs a machine gun" etc. With "friends" like that, who needs enemies.... Go to any of the fudd clubs in MA (or anywhere else in the country for that matter, MA doesn't have a lock on that market) and start popping off controlled pairs downrange with a pistol or an AR and some grown men will wobble out of the clubhouse and whine at you, something to the extent of "YEW BOY IZ RAPID FIRIN!!!!" I'm preaching to the choir here, of course.

-Mike

This, only belt-fed and water cooled... [laugh]

Dench you seem to be missing the point. It's not about the specific implements of destruction, its about limiting the power of government. If you don't you get bans on rifles with collapsible stocks and flash hiders - period. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe a decade from now, but they will try to ban weapons using every "crisis" they can to justify it.

They will ebb and flow according to events the day, but history shows that leaders and sheep will always be looking for an "in" to disarm the populace. The leaders because they want more control, the sheep because they are cowards and believe in a utopia where, if "no one is armed" and they cannot be harmed.

It's called rationalization... They know they will not and/or cannot defend themselves, so they try to construct an alternate reality in their mind where they don't need to.

Last edited:
I should just walk around with a white board and draw pictures of things i want to communicate about.

... its about limiting the power of government.

This.

Anyone with even the most basic understanding of the bill of rights knows that was the intent of the framers. Plain and simple. Whether or not one subscribes to the living document belief, the basic intent of the bill of rights, which can not be ignored, is that the central government MUST be limited. Too much potential exists (now, more than ever) for the central government to become too powerful and relegate the people, from whom the government derives its power, to subjects. The declaration of independence listed the offenses of the British crown and parliament. In some form or another, the BOR addresses those offenses as a guarantee to the people that the power of governance rests solely in their hands. The government is a proxy authority: that is, it functions as a consolidated arm of the people, at the people's leisure. just because compromise on some things sounds like the equitable solution doesn't make said compromise the _right_ thing to do. Once the people concede even a small degree of their rights, the government will take steps to snatch up another piece. There's a reason Hobbes (despite his beliefs on powerful government) called it a Leviathan. it is an insatiable beast that thrives off power. There's a thin line between "subject" and "citizen" that Americans are straddling precariously. It's frightening that many people go about their day to day business without being conscious of how tentative their freedom is. The balance of power is tipping dangerously in favor of the government. Some day we will wake up and we won't be a free people anymore. concentration camps, gulags, kings, and secret police aren't always the gauge of a totalitarian regime. Once basic freedoms are abridged, the people are subjugated. We see it every day with the extinction of personal responsibility and accountability, and the continuous legislation that results. People accept it. that's the dangerous part of a "bloodless" revolution: it happens before anyone realizes that it is happening. guns have been so demonized by the media and the anti crowd that people instinctively assume that it is ok to strip the people of that right. If the thirteenth amendment were under as much fire as the second, people wouldn't bat an eyelash at resisting it's abrigement...

I agree for the most part, but you still find lots of nipplehead gun owners talking about how "nobody needs a machine gun" etc. With "friends" like that, who needs enemies.... Go to any of the fudd clubs in MA (or anywhere else in the country for that matter, MA doesn't have a lock on that market) and start popping off controlled pairs downrange with a pistol or an AR and some grown men will wobble out of the clubhouse and whine at you, something to the extent of "YEW BOY IZ RAPID FIRIN!!!!" I'm preaching to the choir here, of course.

-Mike

I had the fear of this last night at my club.. Especially when we has multiple shooters firing.

The population of FUDDs is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom