What gloves for winter shooting and daily wear?

I bought some Underarmor coldgear gloves back for the Athol appleseed. I also used them for some defensive pistol work the weekend before that. They kept me warm for the whole day for the appleseed (I also used some fingerless gloves over them for the majority of the day as we were outside pretty much the whole day). I would highly recommend them, they felt like a second skin.

Is there a place in MA that sells this type of stuff? I think gloves are something I should try on before I buy them.

Dennis over at First Defense Firearms carries a lot of 5.11 stuff. He has a section of his store filled with all kinds of tactical gear including gloves.

Although you might think its crazy go to a place like Sears and check out the feel of mechanics gloves. As long as you can find a pair without goofy logos and Nascar colors.

Found an all black pair I used for our MOB and uptraining to go overseas...light and flexible and providing a half decent amount of protection. Held up ok but had to replace them finally after a small hole was burned in the palm from a hot M2 Barrel, but they did save me from getting burnt

Edit: Found the brand Mechpro

www.wellslamontindustry.com/mechp.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom