• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What don't you like/do you like about the NRA?

I . The NRA seems to have given up all hope of ever having success in Massachusetts. They'll print a plea for phone calls and letters in their magazines but little interest seems to exist for providing any sort of assistance of any of the attempts to disarm and overregulate Mass gun owners.

efforts.

I agree. I do not see bupkiss from the NRA on MASS issues. They just gave up, thinking we are all democrats. So if I have a buck to donate, It goes to goal and not the NRA.

They do have a political lobby that works in washington. I guess opinions vary on just how competent they are as lobbyist. I think they get a little too cozy, and choose to not rock the boat sometimes. I would rather see them picketing in front of the whilte house and congress, and riling up the electorate.

First, wade through all of the sidetracking and infighting amongst posters and read this: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php/90001-Obama-shuts-down-Texas-gun-show
Then, take a look at this: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5323
Texas Gun Show Controversy

Friday, January 22, 2010

NRA has received many inquiries about reports that the Austin, Texas Police Department and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives tried to stop private gun sales at an Austin gun show.

It appears that these reports refer to a voluntary agreement concerning the transfer of firearms at the Austin gun show, evidently reached among law enforcement agencies, property owners and managers, and the gun show promoter in question. This was a self-imposed regulation, not a rule from the BATFE or an ordinance of the City of Austin.

NRA and our state affiliate, the Texas State Rifle Association, continue to research and investigate this matter--including examining whether this show was unfairly targeted.

Rest assured, we will inform our members of any new developments.
They are helping the police and BATF strongarm this gunshow, by telling their members to calm down, there is nothing to see. They are taking your dues to fight against you. Anyone who actually looks into this, and believes this was voluntary... I don't know what to say about that.
The NRA is a judas goat. If you are a member, and you aren't on the phone/email/snail mail telling them you won't stand for this then you deserve to have your dues used against you I guess... :(

Last edited:
They just gave up, thinking we are all democrats.

I guess opinions vary on just how competent they are as lobbyist.

The NRA was helping Senator-elect Brown get out the vote by calling all their members and sending them mailings.

As for your second statement, clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. The NRA is the lobbying organization against which all others are judged.

What I like - They are the single biggest force to protect gun rights. I love my subscription of American Rifleman and email briefs on what's going with new battles in gun rights.
What I don't like - They try to sell me useless crap (an Elvis Presley commemorative gun...really?!) Seriously, NRA not all your members are 70-year old pack rats who buy $10 knives for $20 because you printed NRA on the side.

First, wade through all of the sidetracking and infighting amongst posters and read this: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php/90001-Obama-shuts-down-Texas-gun-show
Then, take a look at this: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5323

They are helping the police and BATF strongarm this gunshow, by telling their members to calm down, there is nothing to see. They are taking your dues to fight against you. Anyone who actually looks into this, and believes this was voluntary... I don't know what to say about that.
The NRA is a judas goat. If you are a member, and you aren't on the phone/email/snail mail telling them you won't stand for this then you deserve to have your dues used against you I guess... :(

I just had an image of Frank Drebbin from Naked Gun standing in front of a block exploding......"move along....nothing to see here"

What I like - They are the single biggest force to protect gun rights. I love my subscription of American Rifleman and email briefs on what's going with new battles in gun rights.
What I don't like - They try to sell me useless crap (an Elvis Presley commemorative gun...really?!) Seriously, NRA not all your members are 70-year old pack rats who buy $10 knives for $20 because you printed NRA on the side.

Would you really want NRA crap around here? It might be nice to see the sheeples react for a moment, but then you become a target for their glares and sign language.

Back
Top Bottom