What do you do with old magazine springs and followers?

bsaks

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What do you all do with old springs/followers?

I replaced a bunch of prebans with new springs and magpul followers. Any use for the old springs and black followers?

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
If they're worn out, trash. Same with broken mags. In the old days i used to throw broken mags downrange and shoot them. (where permitted, lol).

-Mike

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Keep them, just in case.
i'm confused, why would you guys want to replace suspected springs and then keep them? springs are cheap enough, if i'm buying magazine springs I tend to get a few extra.

light bulb on now.....i'm going to have a huge sale in classified on old, worn mag springs. look out for it, coming soon.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
i'm confused, why would you guys want to replace suspected springs and then keep them? springs are cheap enough, if i'm buying magazine springs I tend to get a few extra.

light bulb on now.....i'm going to have a huge sale in classified on old, worn mag springs. look out for it, coming soon.

Maybe also they have some kind of exorcism or gnomish mysticism we're not aware of that they they can use to impart on magazine springs to restore them to full strength.... [rofl]

-Mike

TomMontana

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

Good point. I'm guessing there are enough DIY skinflints here that would cut springs from old G17 mags for a G26. Leave in a couple extra coils to give it that 10% extra power. BOOM! Saved $2 here.

pic_027d349f86b183c4287d9e14ae684758.jpg

Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Well he said he changed out some prebans, I did the same just because I got them used and to upgrade to the newer followers. They still worked fine but since I had them apart I did the springs as well. So ya I kept the old ones.

Machines

NES Member
Rating - 100%
90   0   1
I'd keep the followers in case you resell them. I've found some of the mag buyers here are quite picky and won't touch something that doesn't appear period-correct.

Top Bottom