What did you do to your firearm today.

Just the normal stuff I do to new 10/22's. Bored a cleaning rod hole into the rear of the 10/22 receiver to go from the breach end instead of the muzzle. It should be a standard by Ruger on 10/22's but it isn't. I also switched out the V-block to a Tandamcross one while I had the barrel off to fill the gap the original Ruger V-block has and added a Volquartsen auto bolt release. The V-block will prevent any barrel droop and the bolt release will let the bolt go home by just pulling back on it from the lock position without the fumbling around with the button.

Hole.jpg rear of reciever.jpg V-Block.jpg

Last week I added Warne maxima scope bases and quick release, return to zero mounts and rings with a Vortex Diamond back scope along with a new 1903 style sling for a stabilizing brace.

with scope mounted.jpg

As a side note for 10/22's. If you do work on them, I like using the cheapest Tipton rest they make (about $20.00), a compact range vise (above). I have the Best gun vice and others up to a Caldwell DFT 2 but I use this the most for them. I did have it zeroed last week with both the scope and irons to to shoot the cherry on a 50' pistol target at 50 yards. That's probably shot (no pun intended).

Back
Top Bottom