What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Working in Windham Maine this week and stopped by the Cabelas and scored some primers for $27 per 1k plus tax, some 180 gr XTPs for 357 mag, and a large can of Hornady one shot cleaner/lube that was cheaper than any online vendor. They only had 1,500 CCI SP primers - too bad they didn't have more at that price.

They had a lot of powder at decent prices including 231/HP38, various clays, N350, HS6, and a few others (all around $25 except for the N350). I was tempted but I'm overflowing with powder as it is...

Last edited:
I also got a bunch of primers at Cabelas. Hudson had Winchester large pistol for just under $27/k. I wanted N350 but they didn't have any. Just loaded a few rounds of .455 Webley for the New Service. The Colt seems to need a smaller bullet than the Webley revolver so I cast a bunch and sized a few to .450. They loaded and chambered O.K. We'll see how they shoot

The Rotary tumbler is excellent. I did the .45 casings without pins and they still came out fantastic. Most of the primer pockets and insides were very clean.

Put about 100 .223 casings in a screw top powdered coffee creamer can with some homebrew cleaning solution and ran that on the wife's treadmill for about 30 minutes. Everything came out bright and shiny. Faster than my ultrasonic cleaner.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

I also got a bunch of primers at Cabelas. Hudson had Winchester large pistol for just under $27/k. I wanted N350 but they didn't have any.

Nice. I might go back tomorrow and see if they have anymore primers in storage that isn't being displayed?... I have ~8 pounds of N320 for 9mm but just looked at the Lapua burn rate chart for N350. Seems like a slow-medium burning powder? Probably good for high velocity 9/40/45 loads? Maybe some midrange magnum loads? What do you use N350 for? Just curious.

Nice. I might go back tomorrow and see if they have anymore primers in storage that isn't being displayed?... I have ~8 pounds of N320 for 9mm but just looked at the Lapua burn rate chart for N350. Seems like a slow-medium burning powder? Probably good for high velocity 9/40/45 loads? Maybe some midrange magnum loads? What do you use N350 for? Just curious.

In the East hartford store they keep the primers downstairs in a locker of some sort. You have to ask for them, since they are not displayed. IOW, don't hesitate to ask at any store!

In the East hartford store they keep the primers downstairs in a locker of some sort. You have to ask for them, since they are not displayed. IOW, don't hesitate to ask at any store!

Nice. Apparently all reloading supplies are 15% off so I need to double check the powder prices. The listed prices might have been the presale prices.

Bought 2 more presses from a member here with a ton of accessories. I bought them for the accessories as they were worth more than his asking price for everything. I really need to get my new bench setup so i can crank out some rounds

Put about 100 .223 casings in a screw top powdered coffee creamer can with some homebrew cleaning solution and ran that on the wife's treadmill for about 30 minutes. Everything came out bright and shiny. Faster than my ultrasonic cleaner.

How did you keep it from running off the sides?

How did you keep it from running off the sides?
I put something under the end of the treadmill so the belt ran uphill then placed the container on the belt right at the front housing. This way the belt movement tends to relieve pressure and friction on the plastic housing.

If it moved side to side (don't remember) it would hit the hand rails on my treadmill. Just make sure that you turn the container such that the cap will get turned tighter if it touches something.

Grabbed a L-N-L conversion bushing set for $9 from Midway and installed it in my rockchucker, what an awesome upgrade! I got my bullet puller, universal decap die, and my rifle sizing dies all set up.

Now I just need to figure out a slick way to keep spent primers from going everywhere and come
up with a remote spent primer bottle.

Finally had a chance to set up my 550 for .40. I've got to make some rounds that make major pf. Trying N320 for the first time. I made 25 with 4.3 gr of N320 @ 1.135 180gr JHP and 50 with 4.5 gr.
My next ones will be with tightgroup . Then to chrono them to see where they're at. This is my first venture into 40 , finding the right load is part of the fun. Then I'll see which ones cycle the g35 with a 13# recoil spring assy and go from there.

I finally got around to buying a Lee Classic turret press to load 300 blk subsonics. I was using a coworkers press for a little while since I live in an apartment and he had one already. But I made it work now. Loading 208 gr hornady AMAXs with AA1680 currently. Going to move to 308s soon as well.

273ca3573ebbeb3c5f88db2152771671.jpg

I finally got around to buying a Lee Classic turret press to load 300 blk subsonics. I was using a coworkers press for a little while since I live in an apartment and he had one already. But I made it work now. Loading 208 gr hornady AMAXs with AA1680 currently. Going to move to 308s soon as well.

How do you like the new powder measure? I have the older style with the disks and have been able to make it work, but the new one looks like it will work better.

Your wife let you put that in the kitchen

Picked up an older 550 and some accessories today.
Need a little scrubbing but appears to be well maintained.

Anyone know if Dillon does upgrades for their powder measures to the new fail safe assembly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like the new powder measure? I have the older style with the disks and have been able to make it work, but the new one looks like it will work better.

So far, so good. It seems to be pretty accurate once you get it set. And I like being able to go up to 80 gr for larger rounds as well. I never used the auto disk, but from the sounds of it this is a big improvement. Adjusting it just requires turning a plastic screw pretty much.

Your wife let you put that in the kitchen 

It's not quite in the kitchen [wink]

Since I wimped out and didn't go to the IDPA match in Woburn today (rain sucks lol) I did some reloading instead. Made more 9mm using 125 gr JHP Zero bullets over 4 gr of N320.

Then moved onto 357 mag and loaded these 180 gr XTPs I got on sale at Cabelas this past week. Used 14.2 gr of H110. Really pleasant to shoot, not as snappy as the 125 and 158 gr loads.

Lastly, made up some lighter 357 mag loads to use in the Coonan that will reliably cycle the gun with the 22lb spring. Used some X-treme 158 gr plated bullets over 7 gr of Power Pistol.

Ho-hum... just decapped a few dozen GP11 cases and cleaned them up, neck-sized and primed 'em. No suitable bullets or powder on hand for full-power loads, but I suppose I could use up the last of the 130g LRNs and 170g coated bullets. They work just fine and I generally shoot more of these reduced loads in the backyard anyways. That's the beauty of having a variety of older pistol powders and some cast/coated bullets.

Lyman 311410 and Norm's coated 170g GCSil in 7.5x55mm

Last edited:
Deprimed and resized another 600 rounds of 223. I almost have a 5 gallon bucket full. Next up is to trim all of them (probably close to 4k rounds) and to remove the primer crimp ring on most of them.

I still have another 1k rounds to deprime and resize too :( This is what I get for spending too much time in the classifieds.

Deprimed and resized another 600 rounds of 223. I almost have a 5 gallon bucket full. Next up is to trim all of them (probably close to 4k rounds) and to remove the primer crimp ring on most of them.

I still have another 1k rounds to deprime and resize too :( This is what I get for spending too much time in the classifieds.

The classifieds made me buy 7400 once fired 40 cases today too. My tumbler is.going to be running for a month straight !

I have the old powder disc set up, the new and improved powder disc model which is leaps and bounds better than the old model. Doesn't leak any where nears as bad. I also have the new auto drum measure. So far it works great with ball powder. I will be testing it with target tonight.

Went to Cabelas in Berlin, didnt have squat except for some rifle powders and primers. Picked up a box of S&B SP primers and some Federal 155 Large Magnum primers. Never used them before so I guess we will see how they work. Going to use the remaining WLP I have for .45ACP as I dont want to use the 155s with them.

Just set up my new 550 and dug through the extras that came with it.
Lots of toys.
I was going to give the press a little cleaning. When I put it side by side with my other 550 I realized it was just as clean. Awesome score.

Finally I have one set up for large primers and one for small.

150 rounds of 38 spl

125g x-treme copper plated over 6g of auto-comp

Really need to burn through the auto-comp and get something more suited to 38/357. Bought it when I couldn't find anything else so I want to burn through all of it before going with anything else.

Really need to get a turret or progressive press, it just takes too many lever pulls to fill a box of 50.

200 rounds 308 for the new toy. Followed the federal gold medal match load kinda. Endless case prep lately. And some more 458 socom. Added a Lyman gen6 powder measure to help speed up the process and also have Giraud tri way trimmers ordered for 308 and 223. Regular case trimming and chamfer deburr taking too long with the little ones

Got to chrono some rounds today. My .40 with 4.5 gr of N320 @ 1.135" averaged 163 PF. Just a touch low for major.
Any thoughts if I shorten them to 1.125" ? I had no pressure signs at all with my powder charge but I'm wondering if making them .010" shorter will give me just a bit more velocity. I know pressure will increase slightly too but I think they will be fine. Now if only I didn't have my lefty trigger flinch show up causing me to shoot my damn chrony rod ! Those Zero JHP jackets tear the shit out of a target when they blow apart !

Back
Top Bottom