What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I used them for 9mm and they seem to shoot fine. Just a tad bit smokier than jacketed bullets and have an interesting smell when you shoot them. Other than that they shot well.

I guess if you buy them in bulk 3500+ you'll save some $. But I get 124 gr JHPs for $89 per 1k shipped.
What brand are the 124's you are loading.
PM may be safer

Not 9mm, but these are from NM...
They seat way deep in 7.5 Swiss to chamber okay, but it isn't a problem for reduced loads. They hit POA with the rear sight elevated for 500 meters or so.

Makes for some economical shooting. Great for metallic silhouettes, too.

Grabbed 19 pieces of 35 rem brass yesterday that a guy didn't want[shocked]. PM inbound.

Ive got some 375 H&H brass, 7mm magnum, and 7mm-08 brass already cleaned.

Also have 47 pieces of once fired 45 colt brass (Winchester headstamp) and some 7mm Mauser brass.

Anyone loading these?

Hornady brass on sale today @ Midway, all of the above included I believe.

Had some Lyman #266469 laying around, so I sized/lubed them and put them atop 7.8g of W452AA.

...bullets on the right two rounds:

...hardly a marksman, but the home-made bullets (no gas checks used), lube and target aren't at fault:

Today I ended up making 120, 7.62X54r with 185 powder coated Lead bullets That I cast with a reduced load of H4895 27.3 gr and 60, 30-06 FMJ for the M-1 Garand. I do like the color of the Powder Coating.

View attachment 164203View attachment 164204View attachment 164205View attachment 164206

will your cast M1 loads cycle your action...im running some 200 grain 314299s sized to 310 in my m1 100% CYCLING at 37 grains of H4895. I might take a op rod spring from a older rifle and see it will cycle on a lesser charge...cast is fun. My first test run I put 5 rounds into the black at 200 yards.... happy with that so far

my 54r loads with H4895 did not do so well. So far best has been 16 grains of 2400.

Finally got my bench built in our new house, mounted my rock chucker, started my bench rest platform for my 100 yd home range so I can dial in a load, bought a pound of powder at a LGS, ordered a wet tumbler and some Sierra MK's for my 308 Norma Mag, got some great advice from EC on how to check max COAL on a rechambered rifle when a modified case is not available (see exotic caliber above), re-read my notes from EC's class and realized I should probably neck resize these cases instead of full resize, considering ordering an appropriate neck resizer, got in trouble with the wife for spending my time on want-to issues instead of need-to issues in the new house. [thinking]

Made some 9 to test out the bayou bullets. i bought some to try and I am not impressed with the QC. They are supposed to be 115gn and the weight was all over the place and the coating was not smooth at all. I mic'ed a few and they seem to be ok size wise. i guess I will know when I shoot them.

Loaded up a box of 44 mag 180 gr XTP bullets I got on sale at Cabelas a few weeks ago. 30.5 gr of H110...

I stretched some to 31 and 31.5 last weekend. Found some unburt powder still in the cases. I think 30.5 is the sweet spot for my DW. Try CFE pistol with some of the 180s, they seemed to burn real clean and still pretty potent.

Just ordered a bunch of powder from one of my wholesalers, waiting on confirmation, but $18 for H110 and $17 for CFE pistol was tol hard to pass up.

I stretched some to 31 and 31.5 last weekend. Found some unburt powder still in the cases. I think 30.5 is the sweet spot for my DW. Try CFE pistol with some of the 180s, they seemed to burn real clean and still pretty potent.

Just ordered a bunch of powder from one of my wholesalers, waiting on confirmation, but $18 for H110 and $17 for CFE pistol was tol hard to pass up.

I figured I'd keep it 1 gr below max this time[laugh]

I seem to get some unburned powder in my cases as well. $18 shipped for H110!? Damn that's a steal.

Very impressed with my 9mm loads using the new conical Zero 125 gr JHP with 4 gr of N320. First time shooting them at 45 yards yesterday with my Dan Wesson PM9. Offhand and at a somewhat steady rate, I shot 8/10 at my 8" steel plate. Of course the gun makes it easier since it has a 3.5lb trigger and nice sights...I need to shoot at these distances more often. I realize that's not earth shattering accuracy/shooting but for me I was impressed and it was a lot of fun.

Tweaked my new (used) dillon 550 that I set up for 38 special.
The dies needed minor adjustment nothing on the press really.
Cranked out 200 38 special with 158 grain SWCs over 3.5 grains of bullseye.
Found another akro bin of those 158 SWCs hiding under the bench. That was a pleasant surprise.

I think I'll set up to load 357 next.
Scored some speed 158 JFP. $10 for 125 of them. New old stock. That's enough to mess around with.

I'm dying to shoot some out of my 1894. Should be fun for the 200 yard gong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found another akro bin of those 158 SWCs hiding under the bench. That was a pleasant surprise.

Scored some speed 158 JFP. $10 for 125 of them. New old stock. That's enough to mess around with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1894C? Want an eye opener, chrono your 1894 next to a revolver. 200yd gong would be cool, probably have time to look up over the rifle and listen for the hit.

Nice score on the bullets. Seems like all my vendors have been sold out of bulk jacketed 357 bullets. I got 2-3k but always buy more when the price is right.

I started putting up blue board. My reloading room will be the best in the north east when complete! well maybe not, but pretty good.

Lubed up some 45ACP 185gr SWC that an older gentlemen cast at the Range I go to. I also received some brass and most of it was older, but still in pretty good shape. However some of them look like they have a bushing or insert in the primer pocket and a large primer won't fit into it. First time I have come across this:

They are all marked FC64 (there's one marked WCC90 in the second picture, but that one is actually fine).

Can I swage these out? Thanks

Last night I tuned up a new to me Mec 9000. This is my 5th Mec loader and will be dedicated to running 3/4 oz 12GA shells for skeet.

Only time will tell if you actually can put a 28GA payload in a 12GA shell and succeed on the skeet field with it.

did something stupid...... ran Varget through my Dillon 650.....
i was getting a pretty consistent 24.1gr every now and then it'd throw 24.6 but hey... what's half a grain between friends right?

the manual doesn't recommend stick powder, but i had to see for myself....

Setup my new Dillon 650 with an the bells and whistles. Took me about 4 hours to get it setup and dialed in. Loaded up 50 rounds of 9mm.

Ran into two issues.

First not used to the reverse push on the handle to seat the primer so I had 3 or 4 rounds where the primer wasnt seated all the way.

Experienced 2 case feeder jams. First was a 9mm case that was beat to heck on the bottom. Need to inspect my brass better now that I am not using a single stage press.

The second jam I have no idea why. The case just got stuck in the fixture that attaches to the press and the drop tube connects too. Think it might have been caused by some walnut shells left over from tumbling the brass. Going to have to make sure there is no media in the brass. Once again not a problem when I was using a single stage.

Last edited:
Lubed up some 45ACP 185gr SWC that an older gentlemen cast at the Range I go to. I also received some brass and most of it was older, but still in pretty good shape. However some of them look like they have a bushing or insert in the primer pocket and a large primer won't fit into it. First time I have come across this:

They are all marked FC64 (there's one marked WCC90 in the second picture, but that one is actually fine).

Can I swage these out? Thanks

That "insert" you're seeing is the primer pocket crimp. You can swage them or cut them out. I prefer to cut.

Back
Top Bottom