• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

i've been violated! being the spectacular uncle that i am, i was trying to help the nephew out last night during the primer famine of 2020. go upstairs i say, grab a few primers to get going. the prick took pretty damn near all my stash. i'm going to hunt him down like an animal. i have to drive to the wilds of n.h. but i'm going on a recovery mission. i'm so damn mad! never again in my lifetime will i help someone out.

just found out 10 minutes ago. everyone's out to screw me over. i should have done the picking and not left it up to him. i am pissed. i'm coming for you you bastard!

i've been violated! being the spectacular uncle that i am, i was trying to help the nephew out last night during the primer famine of 2020. go upstairs i say, grab a few primers to get going. the prick took pretty damn near all my stash. i'm going to hunt him down like an animal. i have to drive to the wilds of n.h. but i'm going on a recovery mission. i'm so damn mad! never again in my lifetime will i help someone out.

just found out 10 minutes ago. everyone's out to screw me over. i should have done the picking and not left it up to him. i am pissed. i'm coming for you you bastard!

That's why I'm a crusty recluse.

how many and which kind just saw a boatload listed on armslist in NH for $150/1000

[pot]

Oh I cast some of these yesterday. I didn’t quite get the hang of the mould yet so they’re not my finest work. This was a custom mould made in a Lyman block by T. Ballard of Montana.
It’s a smooth sided bullet for paper patching with an adjustable base plug so you can cast different weight bullets with the same mould.
It does appear to have some taper to the bullet nose.
The bullets drop about .446” or so which with that tapered nose should be Good for patching up to the right size for black powder loads. With the plug set as low as it could go they drop about 520 grains.
These loads need a smaller diameter bullet to allow for the fouling that crowds the throat. The BP teamed up with the soft alloys means the bullet will bump up plenty to fit the groove.

17753C14-A051-49BC-9E70-46B0FBBB3B67.jpeg

no what you need to do is go slap his father and give him the bill for primers taken plus covid mark up!

musta sold listing down. Can’t blame him for taking the good stuff You taught him well.[banghead]

Maybe it was HIS listing?!?!

What's even worse is I can remember being in the first time buyers shoes in a time like this. I was VERY slightly ahead of the curve, as I had already put my license application in after I got done with my initial Marine Corps training in 2012 (boot camp, combat training, MOS School).

I didn't receive the hard copy of my license until we were well in the middle of the sandy hook shit storm. I went to 90% of the gun stores in the state and no one had any stock. Finally I went to a place we all hate because they make you take a number...but I got what I needed to keep me shooting at $.50/rd of .45acp (yes, I actually WANTED my first handgun to be a 1911).

THEN I bought more calibers...and more overpriced ammo.

AND THEN, @mac1911 convinced me to buy a reloading setup...something simple to start. AND THEN I went to @Michael J. Spangler 's casting seminar, and learned so much from @1919FAN and @The Goose and my world grew exponentially!

and I've been hoarding components and lead ever since. Now I can finally say that I will not go without...basically ever.

Last edited:
Maybe it was HIS listing?!?!

What's even worse is I can remember being in the first time buyers shoes in a time like this. I was VERY slightly ahead of the curve, as I had already put my license application in after I got done with my initial Marine Corps training in 2012 (boot camp, combat training, MOS School).

I didn't receive the hard copy of my license until we were well in the middle of the sandy hook shit storm. I went to 90% of the gun stores in the state and no one had any stock. Finally I went to a place we all hate because they make you take a number...but I got what I needed to keep me shooting at $.50/rd of .45acp (yes, I actually WANTED my first handgun to be a 1911).

THEN I bought more calibers...and more overpriced ammo.

AND THEN, @mac1911 convinced me to buy a reloading setup...something simple to start. AND THEN I went to @Michael J. Spangler 's casting seminar, and learned so much from @1919FAN and @The Goose and my world grew exponentially!

and I've been hoarding components and lead ever since. Now I can finally say that I will not go without...basically ever.
its a good thing, reloading.
I did not start reloading because of any shortage or price hikes or even to "save" money. i just grew tired of driving all over to find XYZ ammo or ABC type of ammo or at least 1000 round cases so i would have the same lot number for a while.
So for 10 months or so I stopped spending money on ammo and stuff like DD, sub shops , barz ect. Then bought all the dies i needed 13 sets and the needed equipment. Then i started stocking up on bullets/powder/primers.
Casting came not to far after that. Theres nothing like almost free bullets.
Its great to load what you want when you want

yeah...my nephew is not too far away from 40. i'll just go slap him and retrieve my goods. i don't know what he was thinking, i certainly didn't say help yourself.
i would still give nephews parents a talking and at ,
Jeez if I pulled that shit on my uncle/dad or who ever I probably would have a fat lip or black eye and be asking when I get my wallet back....
F'n kids these days

Loading up a bunch of 10rnd batches at different charges of Silhouette in several calibers and bullet weights

Been playing with Gordon's Reloading Tool but it doesn't have Silhouette (and many other powders)
Maybe I can convince the wife to get me quickload for Christmas.
How do you like it?
Gordon’s reloading tool that is.

How do you like it?
Gordon’s reloading tool that is.
Don't know what to say about it - it doesn't have the powders that I have right now.
It does have 231 so I ran some loads with it and it does seem to give insight - loads that I noticed a lot of unburnt powder were predicted as such (and inconsistent burn).
It's free so no loss to try it.

Don't know what to say about it - it doesn't have the powders that I have right now.
It does have 231 so I ran some loads with it and it does seem to give insight - loads that I noticed a lot of unburnt powder were predicted as such (and inconsistent burn).
It's free so no loss to try it.
Not bad.

was investigating reloading 7.62x39 yesterday. why? cause i can. bought another case of x39 from ts friday (no, they weren't blanks) but thought i'd give this a go instead of using the factory stuff to punch holes. it's the only caliber i don't load for that i shoot. went amazon window shopping...

rcbs die set ✅

shell holder ✅

lrg rifle primers ✅

500 pcs starline brass ✅

hp-4198 or h4198 powder ✅

.311" bullets NO CHECK!

whaaat? no go...nobody had those in stock. now i need to find those first before i assemble the rest of the components, buy a couple thousand, and then carry on. just thought it would be a fun winter project to try and tailor a load for each of my rifles.

was investigating reloading 7.62x39 yesterday. why? cause i can. bought another case of x39 from ts friday (no, they weren't blanks) but thought i'd give this a go instead of using the factory stuff to punch holes. it's the only caliber i don't load for that i shoot. went amazon window shopping...

rcbs die set ✅

shell holder ✅

lrg rifle primers ✅

500 pcs starline brass ✅

hp-4198 or h4198 powder ✅

.311" bullets NO CHECK!

whaaat? no go...nobody had those in stock. now i need to find those first before i assemble the rest of the components, buy a couple thousand, and then carry on. just thought it would be a fun winter project to try and tailor a load for each of my rifles.
Amazon product ASIN B010G7T3W2View: https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISION-90741-7-62x39mm-Diameter/dp/B010G7T3W2

Back
Top Bottom