What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Was bored so I decided to load 150 rounds of powder puff 357 mag. 4.2 gr of Sport Pistol under a 158 gr SWC Blue Bullet.

Also sorted through the few thousand clean 9mm cases. Got a nice bucket of shiny brass for the winter loading.

Nicely done!

Man I wish they had a better website and utilized back in stock email notifications.

Feeling kind of like I overpaid, but oh well. I'm of the opinion that match primers are a joke in a pistol application. My delivered cost was $44/k or something ridiculous.

Feeling kind of like I overpaid, but oh well. I'm of the opinion that match primers are a joke in a pistol application. My delivered cost was $44/k or something ridiculous.
Meh. Given the circumstances it's not bad. I agree match primers are a joke unless you're doing some crazy benchrest bullseye shooting. Even then I don't know if it matters. I get 1.5-2" groups at 100 yards with my scoped DW 357 revolver using CCI or Win standard primers. I can't imagine that group will change much if I were to use match primers - I'm not that good to see a small change like that anyway lol.

I don’t think the box says “match” on it, but I saw it in passing. I’ll check again.

The red boxes do not say “match” on them. I may pick up a box to find out, though I need to pick up some wads if I’m going to have this many primers on hand. I also have to set everything back up after redoing my office. Meh...

And here I am still waiting for my Blue bullets from 7/3.. I was going to wait but it feels like they're never coming.
I actually got my last order from BB, but went with RMR this time because of BBs wait time. Iirc they mentioned buying stock from another company (these are brass jacketed so I'm thinking Montana Gold) Maybe that's how they're able to keep up with orders?

I actually got my last order from BB, but went with RMR this time because of BBs wait time. Iirc they mentioned buying stock from another company (these are brass jacketed so I'm thinking Montana Gold) Maybe that's how they're able to keep up with orders?

The brass jacketed are in stock, whereas the copper, which I ordered, are backordered. Last time I ordered 3K from them knowing it was backordered, but it still didn't take as long as they projected.

Context is key. Right here, right now, at the peak of demand, the ammo you make for yourself only went up in price by about $0.50 to $0.75 per box of 50 on account of primers. Comparing that to what's happening with factory-loaded range ammo, it sounds good. You can get ripped off on shipping and hazmat charges all you want, and right now all you lose is McDonald's money and the ability to join in when reloaders brag about how cheap their reloads are.

inventory day/week! never had so much fun counting anything in my life (including cash).

just bought another 28lbs of powder...which puts me up around 100lbs total (just over 15lbs of pistol and all the rest rifle powders). i made it a point to 'match up' the amount of primers I have on hand to the amount of powder I needed (or thereabouts).

the only component I'm lacking now is bullets in .30, .312, 9mm and .40...and i'll be casting/coating what I need for that with my lead wheel weight ingot stash.

if all goes as planned, and i crunched my numbers correctly...I should have enough to shoot for two straight democrat terms and/or immediate attempted confiscation next January...in which case, I might need more brass to load up every last grain of powder...every last primer...and every projectile...but hoping it doesn't come to that.

NOW...time to clean up my mess from pulling out all my components and then get to LOADING! I have some Jap cases I made from 30-06 to fill and fireform.

Back
Top Bottom