What Club/Range do you belong to?

I have been searching the threads for a little while so I hope this is the right place to ask. I am looking for feedback on Marborough Fish and Game as a place to shoot, especially for a newbie like myself. I have emailed them a few times about member info, but got no reply, which makes me wonder. Also, if not there, where is a good place for a new shooter to join. I live in Northborough

thanks
sd

If you live in Northborough, I recommend Harvard Sportsmen's Club in Harvard, MA. They have some of the best facilities in MA.
http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com/

I'm looking at joining HSC as a 2nd club for action pistol, it's hard to beat. I'm currently a member at Southborough and would be glad to show you around sometime, or come by on Sundays between 1-4 and head all the way up the hill to the trap/skeet fields, someone is always willing to show you around then.

Too much politics at the Club I belong to now. Holbrook or Mansfield? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Too much politics at the Club I belong to now. Holbrook or Mansfield? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Visit each one's website and in person. They are very different wrt facilities offered.

Every club has politics. I've belonged to 4 over the past 35 years and will admit to quitting two of them due to politics that directly effected range usage/usability. I was the GOAL Club Rep and Legislative Chairman at 3 clubs for a total of ~20 years and a BOD member for 14 years (all activity chairs were automatically on the BOD). I've learned the hard way to be a "good member" by using the facilities and going home, minding my own business (for the most part [smile]) and speaking up (but guardedly) at meetings.

You might send a PM to 50 BMG as he's immediate past president of MF&G and a member at Holbrook as well.

By politics I mean they have different rules for different people. I want a club that practices what they preach. Too much BS where I am know and not sure they are going in the right direction for longevity. Too bad it has a lot of potential if run properly.

By politics I mean they have different rules for different people. I want a club that practices what they preach. Too much BS where I am know and not sure they are going in the right direction for longevity. Too bad it has a lot of potential if run properly.

I think I know where you are . . . I had a club president tell me it was OK to do some things contrary to the signs (which should have been revised) and I opted not to as I don't want others thinking that I'm privileged.

In that case, take a look at Braintree R&P, the rules apply to everyone, no secrets. I wish we could shoot more than paper, but can respect the published (on the web) rules that are there clearly for everyone to know/heed. [Only exception to this is when working as an Instructor with a student, we can move the paper targets in to shorter distances. I still feel a bit on edge about this one since the CRO (who gave me permission, but it applies to all trainers) hasn't communicated it well to all ROs or members.]

I used to be a member at Chester Rod & Gun but left because I moved and it's a little too far to drive. Too bad, because I loved that place.

Joined Pioneer in Dunbarton but I don't think I'll be renewing there. Monadnock is a better club for me and I'll be joining this spring, even though it's a little further to drive.

I Belong to two gun clubs,

Gardner Pistol Club ----> Great place to shoot strictly indoors and limited ranges
Woodsman Club in Athol ----> Great place to shoot with family and freinds, they offer both indoors and outdoors, I like to think of this place as a diamond in the rough. it aint purty to look at it but it has all the makings for a great club.

Nimrod League of Holden. Great place for those that love skeet and trap . Every thursday night for 6-9 I think.
The rifle/pistol range is nice but a little small, hoping for some new renovations to come..

JonJ how is Plymouth to be a member of? I was a member as a kid and am thinking of joining again. I also used to be a member of Wonkinqouh but there you need to be sponsored and dont know anyone since it has been awhile. I see that Plymouth has done a lot of work there. I would like to check it out sometime. Thanks!

JonJ how is Plymouth to be a member of? I was a member as a kid and am thinking of joining again. I also used to be a member of Wonkinqouh but there you need to be sponsored and dont know anyone since it has been awhile. I see that Plymouth has done a lot of work there. I would like to check it out sometime. Thanks!

Sorry but you'll have to contact JonJ off-line, as he isn't here except on very rare occasion. All is well but busy with him, I talked with him at length yesterday on the phone.

Force how is Sippican? I live in the area and looking around for a club to join. Do you need sponsor?

SKS Ray is also a member here and can probably answer any of your questions.

Back
Top Bottom