• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What can I do with my circa 2009 AR lowers?

Bought 2 or 3 lowers 10 years ago... one is a remsport NES lower from the group buy on this forum, the other is Stag, there might be one more in the safe. Shame on me, no sales slips. I think I bought the Stag in Milford, maybe they have a record of sale.

I've been reading threads for an hour and am confused as ever.

Yes, beating a dead horse....

build them into a compliant rifle. one evil feature, the pistol grip. fixed stock, pinned/welded muzzle brake or crowned barrel. no bayonet lug or grenade launcher. shoot them. enjoy them. stop over thinking the problem and live!

Thanks. So a fixed magazine isn't required? I'd like to just buy a complete upper that meets the requirements.

Build it out or sell it.

If a buyer wants the proof go way back to group buy print out the old page showing you were part of it.
It matters not FFL records prove when it was transferred anyway.

Besides if your smart youll do it on a bill of sale.

Bought 2 or 3 lowers 10 years ago... one is a remsport NES lower from the group buy on this forum, the other is Stag, there might be one more in the safe. Shame on me, no sales slips. I think I bought the Stag in Milford, maybe they have a record of sale.

I've been reading threads for an hour and am confused as ever.

Yes, beating a dead horse....

I’d buy one [smile] I missed my chance getting an AR before ‘16 ban. I’ve been on the hunt for something but the prices out there are crazy.

You don't need proof of ownership prior to 2016. Build them into an AWB compliant gun and efa10them. Then leave them as is. or take them apart again and put back into the safe. If you are ever at a point where LE is looking at your guns to try to figure out what year they were made, you are already in a heap of trouble. It is not your responsibility to prove anything. It is their responsibility to prove that it was sold in MA after 2016.

You can even use the same parts to build each gun. They can even come off of an ar you alreadyown. As long as you can truthfully say it was a functioning firearm when you efa10d it, you are good.

I'm suggesting eFA10ing them simply because at some point they may start making the portal refuse registration of anything AR style. you never know.

Back
Top Bottom