What are your Skills?

I've worked as a gas/diesel mechanic for 15 years. I've also worked for the city dept of public works fixing anything with a motor, such as weed wackers, chain saws, front end loaders, generators, street sweepers, concrete saws, dump trucks, plows, fork lifts, sanders and many many more. Basically, if it has a motor, I can fix it.

I'm fairly proficient at welding. I've done some basic metal fabrication. I've milled parts for engines that are no longer in production and are impossible to get. I've made custom hydraulic lines for front end loaders, and fabricated custom mounts for stuff like plows and winches.

I have a Class B CDL with Air Brakes and Tanker endorsements. I have my hydraulic operators license. I can basically drive anything such as box trucks, front end loaders, street sweepers, fork lifts, tanker trucks etc. Although I've never driven a tractor trailor, I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out fairly quickly.

I also print out every book I find online that I feel may be useful. I have a massive collection of printed books on subjects such as survival skills, herbal medicines, first responders guides, wilderness first aid, repair manuals and all sorts of military manuals.

When TSHF, and there's no electricity, you're not going to be able to google "How to fix a well pump", "How to treat a wound in the wilderness" or be able to access that .pdf file that's sitting in a folder on your desktop. Knowledge will become a huge bartering tool.

I'm what you would call a "Jack of all Trades"

I can do it all, the question is what are people willing to pay for it. [wink]

i build high end furniture as my profession.
5 years ago i built a post & beam 2 storie barn for someone.

i can do basic electric work ( essentially everything outside the breaker panel )

i can weld ( mig & stick )

i can run front loaders and backhoes ( close to 10,000 hours on assorted equipment )

i can plumb ( but i can't sweat a copper joint to save my own life )

and i like to drink vodka

i build high end furniture as my profession.
5 years ago i built a post & beam 2 storie barn for someone.

i can do basic electric work ( essentially everything outside the breaker panel )

i can weld ( mig & stick )

i can run front loaders and backhoes ( close to 10,000 hours on assorted equipment )

i can plumb ( but i can't sweat a copper joint to save my own life )

and i like to drink vodka

I can help you with spelling, captalization and punctuation. My kitchen sink pipes are leaking and I'm clueless.

I have vodka.

Let's talk! [wink]

i can build a house, barn, shed, whatever with early 19th century hand tools.

Grin, cannot do any of that. Guess my lot in life would have to be that of a Marshall or Sheriff. Would be my job to see that the builders can build, the farmers can farm, the ranchers could raise their stock....and in the meantime, the dregs would need to be dealt with. Unlike today. [wink]

1) Skin one medium sized cat, clean and quarter.
2) Marinate overnight in Teriaki Sauce, Tequila, Rum, Haffenreffer, Vodka, and Gin.
3) When ready to grill, reserve marinade, and grill cat for 7 minutes per side, turning 4 sides.
4) When internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, remove cat from grill, place on serving plate. Garnish with celery sprigs and carrots. Heave serving plate into woods or hated neighbor's yard. Drink reserved marinade.

1) Skin one medium sized cat, clean and quarter.
2) Marinate overnight in Teriaki Sauce, Tequila, Rum, Haffenreffer, Vodka, and Gin.
3) When ready to grill, reserve marinade, and grill cat for 7 minutes per side, turning 4 sides.
4) When internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, remove cat from grill, place on serving plate. Garnish with celery sprigs and carrots. Heave serving plate into woods or hated neighbor's yard. Drink reserved marinade.

All makes sense, you forgot to add the Jaegmeister into the mix. [wink]

that's similar to my recipe.

Grilled Cat Surprise!
ingredients: 1 cat. 1 half gallon of Jack Daniels.

throw cat on grill. drink half gallon of Jack Daniels. when cta is lkooikng coooked, taek cta offa girl...

when you wake up under the table 5 hours later, you'll be really hungry, and Surprise! some nice person left you a grilled cat!

All's you gotta do is add a handful of Valium to the JD and you have the Mystery 3 Day WTF?!?! from my senior year in High School.

All's you gotta do is add a handful of Valium to the JD and you have the Mystery 3 Day WTF?!?! from my senior year in High School.
LOL. A HS buddy actually had tickets and got to Woodstock. He was thirsty so when someone offered some orange juice, he drank it. And that's the last thing he remembers about the weekend.....

I'm in business intelligence, so I might be able to calculate the best caliber to use against zombies through statistical analysis. That, and I can throw old boxes of SQL Server software really far and with extreme accuracy.

Well I was an automechanic for 7 years before I got laid off. I can fix pretty much anything when it comes to cars, GM specifically, but I know my way around the other car companies too.
I'm also a pretty good driver.

Lastly I can play Call of Duty and Halo like a pro. If getting food requires me to Pwn some noob in a 1v1 match. Well I'll make sure I save some for the rest of you.

I work with machines, I modify, rebuild, even invent (I have a patent) I love working with metal. I weld, cut, braze, solder, machine on the lathe and milling machine. I am also not too shabby with wood, I have built some nice stuff.

Plumbing, electrical, PLC's.

I use to love working on cars but now I can't stand them. Maybe I could do a restore on a 70 Hemi Cuda, yeah, I could do that.

Back
Top Bottom