• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Ammo Shortage???

WanMan99

NES Life Member
NES Member
Nice fresh batch of 1000 each .223 55gr FMJ, 2.20 OAL, H335 (24.5gr). Now I just need somewhere to shoot them... Damn Barnstable range is still closed.

Reloads.jpg

That's impressive!!!

How long did it take you??
About 3 hrs today, but..... I do case prep seperately (which is equally time consuming) I would say I have about 8 hrs into the 1000 rounds. I usually do around 3k cases (deprime, size, deburr and chamfer) and then prime them and throw them into a bucket. When I want to load rounds I have the prepped and primed cases ready to go.

Is it just me or do those 4 cases on the left side with the bottom facing out look like they are missing primers? Probably just an optical illusion.

Is it just me or do those 4 cases on the left side with the bottom facing out look like they are missing primers? Probably just an optical illusion.

The lighting is a bit tricky... I do a lot of case examination to avoid any "problems". Last step as I am loading them into the tray blocks is to flip them over and double check the primers before loading.

The lighting is a bit tricky... I do a lot of case examination to avoid any "problems". Last step as I am loading them into the tray blocks is to flip them over and double check the primers before loading.

I figured it was just the angle or something...from the way you have them stacked I doubted that you missed any primers.

I just finished prepping 4K of 5.56 brass. IMHO that's the hard part.

Now I can start making ammo, the easy part.

My son will be home from college in a few weeks and we need to make sure he's got something to feed my AR's!

Back
Top Bottom