• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scam Reloading Components / Ammo Sites

Mountain

NES Member
In search of some unobtainium reloading components, I've run across some sites that are most definitely scam sites. I think worthy of a thread and if we collectively post enough useful information I'll request a sticky for it.

Some red flags to consider (feel free to add): New / new-ish retailer, only accepts payments from zelle, Paypal, etc., shows stock available for unobtanium items such as 6mm ARC brass, RL19, etc.

Those that I know so far:
  • maxammodepot.com (physical address is a vacant office in TN)
  • ammozdepot.com
  • largerifleprimer.com (duh, LOL)
There's another one that showed physical address in W Mass- I'll list if I can remember. There is a site or two out there that is dedicated to gun related scams, so they are a good resource as well.

The scam sites will likely continue to proliferate, so I'd be sure to utilize resources such as Find Scams - Scam Detector to vet them. Probably your best bet is to check forums such as NES. If it's a scam please list it here so that when folks search this will pop up.

You're right, largerifleprimer.com is total BS.

I'm still waiting on my order from the totally legit smallpistolprimer.com company....couldn't believe that I found primers for $30/1000....smokin' deal...should be here any day now ;-)

You're right, largerifleprimer.com is total BS.

I'm still waiting on my order from the totally legit smallpistolprimer.com company....couldn't believe that I found primers for $30/1000....smokin' deal...should be here any day now ;-)
LOL some are laughable but others require vetting. There are some legit sites that are not well known yet have provided great service for me. Not naming them- they are mom and pops that don't have the scratch to fight bully AG's.

Ammoseek.com's filter is what I use. If it's not on there, I'm not taking a chance....even if they take credit cards.

If anyone's on MeWe - there's an active scammer's list.

View attachment 761317
Nice. I checked a couple threads on arf-com and they really didn't go anywhere except for the usual pig pile.

Something useful I did see was that some of these sites appear to accept credit cards. This give them a little stronger appearance to be legit, but ultimately your transaction won't complete. At that point they push for zelle etc.

coastalfirearmshop.com - that's the one I had forgotten in my first post. Total scam.

These scam sites will show up on Google's highly valued first page. Coastal has been around a while- so why aren't these scammers shut down? Is Hunter Biden the CEO?

From USReloadingSupply.com
There is an increase on Scam sites, the newest one that we have heard of is ReloadingBrass-USA.com Heard about it from a customer, and it does have all the earmarks of a scam site. Only takes Zelle, Crypto and CashApp. No phone, no email, and no physical address.

Usually the first sign is products and prices not seen since 2019

Then theres the lack of the shipping and haz mat fees.

Friend gor burnt on primers. I forget what the bogus site was.

you know, couldn't some of these "scam" businesses be novice ffl holders just starting out? i remember being a vocal supporter of the mill when it was starting to fly and regarding payments, well, you could say the same for several establishments there at the time. the difference was, you could find many people here on nes who knew a lot of the people trying to get off the ground personally and vouched for them. just my thoughts.

I've ordered from two lesser known companies in the last 4 months due to great pricing on some items. I did my due diligence and was able to pay with a card on both sites. Both were legit with reviews on ammoseek, but they were small outfits. Both items appeared to have been overstock components since the companies were ammo remanufacturers. I'm guessing that they bought way too many of a component or a competitor went out of business and they snatched up a bunch of inventory. Either way, I got some good deals.

I've ordered from two lesser known companies in the last 4 months due to great pricing on some items. I did my due diligence and was able to pay with a card on both sites. Both were legit with reviews on ammoseek, but they were small outfits. Both items appeared to have been overstock components since the companies were ammo remanufacturers. I'm guessing that they bought way too many of a component or a competitor went out of business and they snatched up a bunch of inventory. Either way, I got some good deals.
Yes look into it.
I got a great deal from a small FFL in TX, cant remember their name at the moment. But they had a close out on barns 125gn 30 cal bullets. I bought all they had and with shipping came to .15 cents each. They did not have much else….

you know, couldn't some of these "scam" businesses be novice ffl holders just starting out? i remember being a vocal supporter of the mill when it was starting to fly and regarding payments, well, you could say the same for several establishments there at the time. the difference was, you could find many people here on nes who knew a lot of the people trying to get off the ground personally and vouched for them. just my thoughts.
I have found small retail outlets with good deals. Several pages back on search engines.

I'll be keeping an eye on this since I can't tell a real site from a scam site. A 2nd grader is probably more computer literate than me.

I'll be keeping an eye on this since I can't tell a real site from a scam site. A 2nd grader is probably more computer literate than me.

One of the easy ways to protect yourself is only shop at sites that will take a credit card or some other form of payment that protects you. Believe me, it's worth paying the extra 3% CC fee to know that if something goes wrong, you just call them up and they'll reverse the charges. The sites that want non-refundable payment methods are almost all a scam. They may not all be, but if you're shopping there because the prices are good, or they are the only place that has the item in stock, then the odds are good it's a scam.

And, for what it's worth, today's 2nd grader is probably more computer literate than many of us.

Back
Top Bottom