What am I doing wrong??

1903Collector

NES Member
I am trying to get a photo to come up in a post. I can get it as an attachment that you click on, but how do you get the photo to come up when someone opens the post. Tried to download them from my personal web site, but that did not work. C an someone guide me here I am getting a little frustrated.. Thanks
Walter...[thinking]

Edit your ad and then click "Go Advanced". On the top tool bar, you'll see a paper clip. Click on it and then click on your attachments name.

Here's an example of what it should look like.

The code:
Code:
[IMG]http: //ken.strophyx.com/Sniper.jpg[/IMG]
(OK, I had to insert a space immediately after the "http:" in order to prevent the software from displaying the image rather than the code.)

The results:
Sniper.jpg

Ken

Still doing something wrong. I uploaded the picture but I just get a link to that picture, the picture does not come up in the post. Help!!![thinking]

I recomend using photobucket. Its free as long as you don't load too many pics, cheap if you want to, and easy to use. If I can use it, anyone can.[wink]

Maybe that is what I am doing wrong, I just uploaded the picture file from my computer to the forums server when I post. There is no URL.
You can't do that. You have to put host the file on a different server. Then you put the URL to that picture in your post.

There are many different services that will host your picture files for free, including photobucket, flickr, picasa, etc.

Alright, I think I understand now. So upload pics to, say my own web site. Now for the picture to come up in a post you place the IMG tags fore and aft of the URL right???????

You're a paid member so you can therefore store pics on the server.
I just went to your Lever Gun for sale ad and edited it like I had outlined in my reply to you.
I'll check your other post.

OK, just did the same thing on your milsurp thread and your pic is there.
Maybe a little big but it's showing now.

A little bug creeps in every now and then. This post should explain what to do:
I had the same thing happening a couple of months ago, also using Firefox. It turns out that was some subtle thing in the way the browser was interacting with the server software. Here's what I did to solve the problem:

I displayed one of the pages where the problem was occurring, then Viewed the Page Source and located the HTML code that was trying to display the image. (The code will contain an ALT tag with the text that you're seeing displayed in place of the image.) I then selected and copied the URL for the image into my browser window, and hit enter.

Here's where I discovered what the problem was. Rather than get the image, I got a message asking me to log in. Rather confusing, since I had been logged in all along, but I went ahead and re-entered my log-in information. The image was then displayed, and I haven't had the problem reoccur since then.

Ken

Here's the whole thread:
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9747&highlight=pics

My browser is Internet Explorer, it sounds like it's my laptop, but when I try it on my other PCs at home, no pictures.

Alright, is something wrong or am I having a dee,dee,dee monent. When I am logged of I can see the link for the picture but when I click on it it says I dont have permission to view it. When I log back on I see no picture and no link (HELP!!!)

Last edited:
Just got home and checked my milsurp post on my other PC, open the thread and there is the picture. I leave that thread to check another one, come back to the milsurp thread and no picture, what gives[crying]

Back
Top Bottom