What .22 pistol sprays the least stuff in your face?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I'm a little annoyed with the Browning Buckmark because it tends to spray burnt powder in your face when the slide operates.

What 22 pistol has the least amount of stuff blown in your face and hand?

I'm asking because I want my daughter to have a good experience shooting a pistol.

I shoot a series70 Colt with a Tactical Solutions conversion kit,a Glock 17 with an Advantage Arms kit, S&W 22A and model 41 autos and j and k frame S&W revolvers. None of them spit anything in my face.

Neither P22 nor Ruger Mark I sprays now..

When I first went out to shoot the P22, it sprayed me with oil from my hasty clean-oil-get-to-the-range-to-try-out-the-new-gun maneuver. [wink]

Breathe it in... it's a gift... it's good for you and the kids..LoL Never heard of a .22 or any firearm outside of a muzzle loader doing this. Have you tried different ammo? All that powder should be getting burnt off unless the primer isnt being struck will full force not burning the primer to the powder quick enough. If that's the case that could be a firing pin issue but I doubt that's the case.

Two possiblities:

1. You have a weak recoil spring.

2. You're shooting crappy ammo; probably Remington bulk.

I'm betting on # 2.

Oh - this forum has a FIREARMS section for questions like yours.

Might have been the cheap ammo I was using, I'll try a more careful test with some higher quality stuff.

[rolleyes] You're not supposed to be looking at the end with the hole in it when you pull the trigger.

I haven't had any spray in my face from any of the pistols I have.

Back
Top Bottom