Westport firearms dealer charged with selling illegal handguns

Wasn't there a dealer in Northborough, perhaps, a few years ago who was busted for selling non-eops listed pistols, like FN, and then the cops didn't prosecute but went after the LTC customers to give the guns back (w/o compensation???)? Am I getting that right? I thought the LTC legal buyers of pretty much anything were exempted from prosecution and got to keep their toys.

Also, I noticed the Glock 21 gen 3 isn't on the list anymore, although the newer SF, C and gen 4 are!? I have a friend who bought a new, post ban G21 gen 3 at a nearby store, with only 2x10 round mags. Does he need to bury it in the backyard for a few years?

I remember a story about people voluntarily giving back (or getting a refund on?) off-list guns they'd bought. Perhaps they were ignorant of the law, or just scared of .gov.

Isn't this the same thing that comes up with MJ in the states where it's now legal? The catch being it was illegal when the person was caught with it so said person committed a crime at the time... or something like that.

Yes and a past conviction in MA still makes you a MA PP! Get caught now and it's OK, here's your $100 ticket!

So a judge may consider it if the particular Glock is on the EOPS List at the time of trial . . . or he/she may ignore that and convict anyway. It's a roll of the dice and not a good one.

this is why you guys still in MA need to shut the actual **** up about anyone who will do you a solid and transfer in off-list stuff.

... and about anything, to anyone, about anything, ever with regard to the ownership, possession, sale, ANYTHING that involves a g-g-g-GUN in this hopelessly effed-up, pantywaist, liberal sh*thole that many of us are forced to remain imprisoned in... (family, business, property, umbilical-cord-attached-Sicilian-mothers-in-law, whatever).

Absolutely some of the best advice you'll ever hear spoken to MA gun owners: "Shut the actual f*ck up".

+1 Atilla

I remember a story about people voluntarily giving back (or getting a refund on?) off-list guns they'd bought. Perhaps they were ignorant of the law, or just scared of .gov.

That was BP on the day after they opened. BP was facing $5K fine/gun from the AG and sucker-punched their customers. I was in the store talking to the last person to return their Glock bought the night before. They promised to "take care of them" meanwhile they jerked him around for 4 hours before giving him a refund and a $50 gift card!!

Yes, most are ignorant of the law and were afraid that they would get in trouble even though the law makes them out as the "victim" and untouchable. I remember having this discussion with Carl at Four Seasons when the AG Letter went out telling all dealers to retrieve all Glocks sold by them or else! I didn't buy one at that time but told Carl that I wouldn't return it if I had as I had done nothing wrong. Thinking about it some time later I came to a different conclusion but ONLY with respect to Four Seasons . . . I consider Carl to be a friend and have bought a lot of guns/ammo/supplies from him and he's done me a few favors along the way, so in his case my re-thinking was that I would not put a friend at risk of a fine. But any other dealer, I'd have kept the gun. In BP's case I would have demanded multi-$100s before I'd ever consider returning what I bought to keep them from a $5K fine!

Last edited:
We need to get rid of the AWB and magazine nonsense is what we need. If these were state ballot questions, most people here and their loved ones would call out of work to vote.

And we would lose overwhelmingly. The politicians in this state are anti-gun because the bulk of the voters are anti-gun.

And we would lose overwhelmingly. The politicians in this state are anti-gun because the bulk of the voters are anti-gun.

And even if we did somehow or another win the referendum the legislators would simply ignore it anyways, as they've done several times in the past.

The only way this garbage will ever be repealed is via legal action or high level parliamentary gamesmanship. (Which is a difficult thing to pull off in MA legislature due to its inherently corrupt nature).

-Mike

Just to clarify something from the bass pro situation, they did indeed sell guns that weren't on the list. I personally bought a Springfield XD .40 on the second day they were open. I still have it and as far as I know it has never been on any state list, and nobody from BP was arrested or charged with anything. It was however AWB compliant, came with two 10 round mags.

I'm aware of other guns that were not on the EOPS List that were sold there. If it weren't for my Wife "disagreeing" with me about a Buckmark, I would have bought it the first night even though the price wasn't great. If the XDs weren't 40s, I would have bought one of them too.

The reason that those weren't "recalled" is that the RAT complained to the AG ONLY about the Glocks and didn't know about the other non-list guns being sold there. He only cared that it might hurt his business selling old Glocks.

And this is why I will only walk into Ted's shop. I wont spend a dime there. Though heard a happy rumor he wants to sell...

And this is why I will only walk into Ted's shop. I wont spend a dime there. Though heard a happy rumor he wants to sell...

Maybe NET can get an owner that'll spice up the inventory a bit. I feel like it's the neighborhood fudd shop although every so often I have seen something decent.

But don't you see guys, the state is so much safer because all the guns were destroyed as part of the plea. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom