Westport firearms dealer charged with selling illegal handguns

He may be screwed on the G43 since it's not on the list yet, but the G42 is right? Maybe this could be used to fight the AG list?

Victimless crime. ****ing retarded ass waste of taxpayers $$ and will accomplish nothing.

might as well charge Office Max for selling an unapproved stapler....what the hell does it even mean.

Dam I knew it were illegal for serfs to have a Glock.

Well that sucks. Nice to know the NB detectives have nothing more exciting to do than track down where the new applicant got his G23. ****ing dickheads. Im sure the party is over now.

Cops know the laws well. Westport Police Detective Jeff Majewski

Police allege that Pacheco sold numerous Glock-model 42 and 43 handguns — which are illegal for civilians to possess in Massachusetts — to several customers earlier this year.
[rolleyes] Since cops are civilians, why does the article state civilians can't have them but cops can?

Majewski said, adding that only law enforcement officers in Massachusetts can possess magazines over 10 rounds.
[rolleyes]

Glad all the other crimes are solved in New Bedford and Westport so they can go after the worst of society like a guy who doesn't (allegedly) comply with a BS AG list. Jackasses.

Cops know the laws well. Westport Police Detective Jeff Majewski

[rolleyes] Since cops are civilians, why does the article state civilians can't have them but cops can?

[rolleyes]

Glad all the other crimes are solved in New Bedford and Westport so they can go after the worst of society like a guy who doesn't (allegedly) comply with a BS AG list. Jackasses.
Police allege that Pacheco sold numerous Glock-model 42 and 43 handguns — which are illegal for civilians to possess in Massachusetts —

And then it says this... So which one is it? Illegal for me to own or no? It's so F'd it seems they don't even know.

"If a gun dealer sells restricted guns, there is no liability on the gun purchaser," Majewski said. "The liability is strictly on the gun seller or dealer. There is a heavy burden on these (federal firearm licensed) dealers to make sure they are selling appropriate guns to appropriate people."

Last edited:
And then it says this... So which one is it? Illegal for me to own or no? It's so F'd it seems they don't even know.

"If a gun dealer sells restricted guns, there is no liability on the gun purchaser," Majewski said. "The liability is strictly on the gun seller or dealer. There is a heavy burden on these (federal firearm licensed) dealers to make sure they are selling appropriate guns to appropriate people."

unfortunately, most cops have zero idea on the MA gun laws. You can absolutely own/possess/rent/borrow/play with/ fondle a G42 or Gwhatever you want well maybe not the G18 but that's different.

So who did the perp walk out of BPS? Oh right, push the little guy around you heroes.

"Appropriate people" eff you!!!

If they run a background check on the applicant it reveals what guns he/she has purchased? Or did the applicant simply volunteer that information?

Also says that he sold 13 round magazines so they could be going at him from that angle as well?

Didn't charge him for selling the 23 though?

Easy for them to go back to before the 42 was on the eops list

unfortunately, most cops have zero idea on the MA gun laws. You can absolutely own/possess/rent/borrow/play with/ fondle a G42 or Gwhatever you want well maybe not the G18 but that's different.

Thats the sketchy part, they don't understand the laws but they enforce them. I've met a few people at the range that saw my "black guns" and expressed to me that they were illegal to possess. I know it's bs but it's frightening that the mass.gov's intentions are working on the ill informed. Hopefully us Glock owners will never run into a cop that doesn't understand the laws and end up getting processed before they actually understand the law.

Hopefully it it will work out for the gun shop, but it doesn't look good.

Since cops are civilians, why does the article state civilians can't have them but cops can?
The use of "civilian" vs "non-civilian" to differentiate between police and non/police, or fire and non/fire, is accepted by Webster.

This makes me want to [puke]

All because this idiot "applicant" blabbed. Thanks for destroying this guys business/income.

I wonder what records they searched with the warrant, 4473s? I thought that's a nono that BATFE doesn't like.
Or did they search FA10s? Registration bs.

Wondering if the mags are the real issue here. They glanced over that part in that masterful piece of journalism.

This makes me want to [puke]

All because this idiot "applicant" blabbed. Thanks for destroying this guys business/income.

This is the shit that some people just don't understand. EVERYTHING we do as gun owners impacts the entire group. For example, the "bad apple" LTC that commits a violent crime in X state; or the LTC holder's toddler shoots X with their parent's gun. People may start seeing us in an unfavorable light if they haven't before.

Now we have a friggin' loudmouth who had to ruin someone's livelihood and a friend to some on this forum. There's a reason why we keep our mouths shut about out-of-state ammo sellers because dickheads like this "applicant" screw things up for the rest of us.

End of rant.

If they run a background check on the applicant it reveals what guns he/she has purchased? Or did the applicant simply volunteer that information?

Also says that he sold 13 round magazines so they could be going at him from that angle as well?

A simple traffic stop can get that information. On any of us on any day. That is the beauty of fa10 registration. My point being that information is very easy to get and be used against anyone .gov doesn't like

Last edited:
Regardless, I hope Comm2A can help (and that the shop owner wants to fight and not sweep it under) as this makes for a good challenge.
Money talks and at the end of the day the shop owner is running a business. As so, he undoubtedly will have the choose the most fiscally responsible decision for his business that he deems appropriate. We all would love to here that Comm2a is going to step in and help the shop owner earnestly fight the charges and challenge the AG but once again it is all going to boil down to dollars and cents.

That sucks. Richie is a good guy and many of those same LEO's from those departments named are customers of his. This is such BS!!!! I hope Richie prevails and this leads to a change in MA illegal and unconstitutional gun laws.

Back
Top Bottom