Westminster R&G closed due to neighbor complaints

I agree with this. Most DAs have an agenda and will never prosecute someone acting with the same agenda.

Does anyone know Joseph D. Early's view of the RKBA?

- - - Updated - - -

Lying in court, by affidavit, statement or testimony is not a big deal. It doesn't help your case, but no DA or Judge cares. They can't figure out why it keeps happening either. [banghead]

So how do we get our pound of flesh?

I agree with this. Most DAs have an agenda and will never prosecute someone acting with the same agenda.

The authorities are corrupt and the "general" population in this region are both complicit and agreeable with that corruption.

I get / agree that providing the AG / DA / whatever with the evidence and urging prosecution will not work. May not even get a response.

But documenting that evidence and the fact it was provided to the DA with no result and then applying the only antiseptic we have (sunlight) is the only (lawful) effective option I can think of.

I don't mean publishing the info as a blurb on GOAL's website. I mean working with a PR firm (or finding sympathetic people that HAVE that background and work on the sidelines for "us") and making it glaringly obvious that our judicial system is ignoring blatant violations of the law. It's high time to rub their noses in it. A rally one or twice a year with a few hundred or even a few thousand people isn't going to effect change.

Adapt the left / antigun tactics to our needs... Einstein's definition of insanity... We need to do something DIFFERENT.

for the "falsifying evidence-look what bullet I found on my property" subthread... I agree.. criminal prosecution is a pipe-dream in this state..

any thoughts of a civil lawsuit being brought up on the accuser? Slander? Financial losses to a club? I know.. grasping at straws here.. but there must be some way to nip this crap, make an example out of some DB falsely causing trouble.

I think it is worth pursuing. Things like this will cease to be ignored when people make enough noise...

I'm not saying it isn't worth trying everything, even if it goes nowhere it may make the guy sweat for a while. Just that it will not go anywhere in the end, the idea further down to get these things in the media or sue in civil court might be workable. If they are prominent at the local level maybe try to use it to smear them in local papers, or when they come up for election for something.

MGL C.214 S.7B

Section 7B: Noise pollution; shooting ranges; exemption from liability; hours of operation

Section 7B. Notwithstanding the provisions of any general or special law, rule or regulation to the contrary, no owner of a rifle, pistol, silhouette, skeet, trap, blackpowder, or other similar range shall be liable in any civil action or criminal prosecution in any matter relating to noise or noise pollution resulting from use of the range, provided said owner of the range was in compliance with any applicable noise control law, ordinance or by-laws in existence at the time of the construction of such range.

No owner shall be liable in any action for nuisance, and no court shall enjoin the use or operation of said range on the basis of noise or noise pollution, provided said owner was in compliance with any noise control law, ordinance or by-laws in existence at the time of the construction of the range.

The exemptions from liability and the immunities from prosecution provided in this section shall also extend to any owner who, in order to satisfy a requirement of law, regulation or by-law, relocates his range within the same parcel of land or a contiguous parcel of land, owned by him at the time that the commonwealth or its political subdivision commences enforcement of such a requirement or that the owner voluntarily complies with such a requirement. In order to maintain these exemptions from liability and immunities from prosecution, owners who relocate their ranges pursuant to the preceding sentence shall remain in compliance with the applicable noise control laws, ordinances or by-laws in existence at the time of the construction of the original range described in the first paragraph.

No standards in rules adopted by any state, city, or town agency for limiting levels of noise in terms of decibel level which may occur in the outdoor atmosphere shall apply to the ranges exempted from liability under the provisions of this section. Such ranges shall be prohibited from operating between the hours of ten o'clock post meridian and eight o'clock ante meridian unless otherwise allowed by the local governing body.

I'm not saying it isn't worth trying everything, even if it goes nowhere it may make the guy sweat for a while. Just that it will not go anywhere in the end, the idea further down to get these things in the media or sue in civil court might be workable. If they are prominent at the local level maybe try to use it to smear them in local papers, or when they come up for election for something.

I would be willing to settle for bankrupting this guy via endless lawfare.

150 small claims cases against Mr Fortin to recover lost useage of the club while closed

If I do the math based on 245 usable club days with 90 days removed because of this BS, it works out to about $12 a member, maybe $1800
total. I dunno if the dues have gone up though, so I did that with an assumption of $50. Obviously if its $75 or more now itd go up significantly.

-Mike

If I do the math based on 245 usable club days with 90 days removed because of this BS, it works out to about $12 a member, maybe $1800
total. I dunno if the dues have gone up though, so I did that with an assumption of $50. Obviously if its $75 or more now itd go up significantly.

-Mike

Well don't forget emotional damage, loss of consortium, and the cost of counseling. All adds up. And you file one at a time. He can pitch a tent in front of court.

DAs do NOT work for the AG. This was one of the points I made about Maura's promise not to prosecute, it doesn't apply to any of the DAs.

IMHO the DAs are even less likely to prosecute than she is, based on her made up fake law bullshit, which is a good thing that there is insulation there.

-Mike

DAs do NOT work for the AG. This was one of the points I made about Maura's promise not to prosecute, it doesn't apply to any of the DAs.
But in this State they're all liberals so they take their marching orders from the AG. In the Military it's called Commanders Intent.

-Mike
add on the $40 to file. So 150 lawsuits for $52 each. I think in a way the small amount makes it even better. He has to sit in court 150 times. Take time off work. Or he could no go and default. Hopefully he refuses to pay. The members could then pass the judgement to collection agencies. Lol

"Hello is Mr Fortin there, this is Apu and I would like to discuss an issue with you..."

150 small claims cases against Mr Fortin to recover lost useage of the club while closed

Well don't forget emotional damage, loss of consortium, and the cost of counseling. All adds up. And you file one at a time. He can pitch a tent in front of court.

IMHO the DAs are even less likely to prosecute than she is, based on her made up fake law bullshit, which is a good thing that there is insulation there.

-Mike

You guys have it all wrong. In Mass, Fortin will sue all the members for emotional distress based on all the horrors of having the range so close to him causing him to pee uncontrollably every time he hears a loud noise.

Lying under oath (or tesitlying as cops like to call it) and falsifying reports is routine. You are more likely to get charged for telling the truth than lying. Especially if you are telling the truth about government corruption. They hate that.

Talking with neighbors? Compromise?

If the club had lost, would the neighbors be sitting down to negotiate a shooting schedule?

The authorities are corrupt and the "general" population in this region are both complicit and agreeable with that corruption.

I get / agree that providing the AG / DA / whatever with the evidence and urging prosecution will not work. May not even get a response.

But documenting that evidence and the fact it was provided to the DA with no result and then applying the only antiseptic we have (sunlight) is the only (lawful) effective option I can think of.

I don't mean publishing the info as a blurb on GOAL's website. I mean working with a PR firm (or finding sympathetic people that HAVE that background and work on the sidelines for "us") and making it glaringly obvious that our judicial system is ignoring blatant violations of the law. It's high time to rub their noses in it. A rally one or twice a year with a few hundred or even a few thousand people isn't going to effect change.

Adapt the left / antigun tactics to our needs... Einstein's definition of insanity... We need to do something DIFFERENT.

^
What he said.

Talking with neighbors? Compromise?

If the club had lost, would the neighbors be sitting down to negotiate a shooting schedule?

Oh, i think that a nice sit-down would be a good thing.

"OK, neighbors....we tried to accommodate you, but, unfortunately, you didn't play nicely. We need to recoup our losses, so we're going to be having a large number of shoots, with lots of participants, on a regular basis, to make up our losses. Of course, as good neighbors, you're welcome to attend. Don't want to seem unneighborly, after all."

ETA: When the Club invites the neighbors for the meeting, they should have coffee and donuts....but the donuts should be day-old.....cause, you know, other expenses. [laugh]

Last edited:
Oh, i think that a nice sit-down would be a good thing.

"OK, neighbors....we tried to accommodate you, but, unfortunately, you didn't play nicely. We need to recoup our losses, so we're going to be having a large number of shoots, with lots of participants, on a regular basis, to make up our losses. Of course, as good neighbors, you're welcome to attend. Don't want to seem unneighborly, after all."

ETA: When the Club invites the neighbors for the meeting, they should have coffee and donuts....but the donuts should be day-old.....cause, you know, other expenses. [laugh]
Brilliant!!!

Are they still talking about taking to the neighbors?

God, I hope not. The ZBA requested they sit down and chat, the club and one neighbor showed up. The decision has been made - it's over, I wish we would stop negotiating after we win; they never negotiate other than to see how much we will give up.

Negotiate with those you've defeated? For God's sake, why?

No. You crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Negotiate with those you've defeated? For God's sake, why?

No. You crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

This, all the way. This is the only way to defeat the people who closed your club. Ironically, this is also how you defeat ISIS. [lol]

I think they should schedule weekly night time machine guns shoots. Maybe Sunday cannon target practice. Might as well establish a new set of regular club activities to reference in future conflicts.

Back
Top Bottom