West Boylston Vs. Wayne's Weaponry (It NEVER ends!)

My neighbors started shooting recently - some heavy stuff; shotguns, larger caliber handguns and pretty sure some 308 and up rifles. Their range is at the top of the hill and has no baffling.

All I shoot is 22 and occasionally some 9mm. When my son first got his rifle we put less than 10, 308 cal and less than 20, 12ga total in years. I also am set up well inside the tree line and have a lot of trees muffling the sound.

Do I complain? nope. Do you know why? Because it's their land. As long as they don't shoot me, my family or my stuff - I do not and should not have a say.

Besides, I can now play with new triggers and pre-sighting at home before going to the club with my bigger stuff without issue.

Is it Wayne's land? Does he pay full value property tax (not limited giving the town a say)? That pretty much is all I need to know.

How would you like it if your neighbors decided your house color had to change, you couldn't park your vehicles in your yard or your couldn't have parties?

Last edited:
Range is separate from the shop? That's hard to believe based on this pic.

10985223_1129459180414274_5689342630707661259_n.jpg

Have you been to a range before ?? What are you seeing in that picture that looks like a gun range ?? A roll up door ??

"Wayne's new use of the land is incredibly, INCREDIBLY inconsiderate." Was going to argue some more points but when a person says something like that its really a lost cause..What he has done with HIS land is inconsiderate [laugh2]

Is it Wayne's land? Does he pay full value property tax (not limited giving the town a say)?
If he is getting a reduced tax rate under Ch 61/61a/61b ("chapter land"), shooting range is one of the listed reasons to qualify for the discount.
Doesn't bother me in the least. at my age, I can see it better.....
Control +. Repeat as necessary. Control - to reverse, or control 0 to reset.

So has anyone thought to look at the neighbors properties and see what is going on there. I had a friend who had an annoying neighbor with a few pit bulls, a large trampoline and lots of kids running around screaming all day long. My friend was not a fan of all the noise or the dogs running free and not fenced in but he is a "Its your property do what you want kind of guy like myself. UNTIL the neighbor called about my friends camper being unregistered and parked on his property line. He basically tried 10 different ways to get my friend in troubble and get his trailer moved or removed from the property... well that is when my friend and I decided to find out if his home owners insurance co. knew about the trampoline and "Dangerous Breed" dogs runing free. Also they had an unfenced pool and a lot of kids.... turns out they had an unlisenced daycare going on. So now..... daycare shut down, trampoline is gone, and their rates are raised because of the dog and pool that they insurance company knew nothing about before. (so long story short... What are the names and addresses of the complaintants???) Time to see if they like law suits from the other angle.

Back
Top Bottom