Well, post some military pics.

Jason

I'll batch you with the Boats. [wink]

I'm a hobbiest photographer and have been since I was 16. Needless to say, in my four years in, I took a few... tens of thousands of photos.

Philippines 2006. Guess which one I am:
437953771_ZCsXc-M.jpg

437953685_hJCsg-M.jpg

Engines:
437953568_HomQf-M.jpg

Japan, in the suck 10 or 15 miles out:
394766496_ixT3v-M.jpg

394766046_zkcny-M.jpg

394764599_mNy5U-M.jpg

394774008_KdFar-M.jpg

What it looked like most of the time we were out on the boats. The red, green and blue streaks were the markers to see where the boats were (really didn't feel like smashing into one another). Just trust me when I say you could barely see anything.
394727485_6BoFB-M.jpg

394725686_mRB7y-M.jpg

If you look closely, you should see a blue and green light on the beach. The green on was the move in signal. The blue one was the landing site to drive to.
394723101_ApAvA-M.jpg

Down time:
395114457_DHY52-M.jpg

Me... being me:

Boot
n500051705_381079_6485.jpg

When I was in the course
n500051705_380972_840.jpg

Defending... palletized chow and water...
n500051705_51_1825.jpg

I used normal glasses too...
394686567_f2YT2-M.jpg

one last try adding pics

Here goes nothing, these are some of the iraqi propaganda and anti-U.S. pics we came across in the iraqi schools back in 2003. We had a standing order to destroy all pics of Saddam and things of this nature.

100_0258.jpg

100_0260.jpg

15THMEUPICTURES298.jpg

fu2.jpg

Inyourface.jpg

Last edited:
here are a few more

This was painted in honor of our Sgt Major who was obsesed with having us be clean shaven daily during war, he also would yell at us to make sure we would clean up for chow...what an idiot.

P1010048.jpg

Me grabbing a few winks by the M240Gulf

Jasonsleepingcapt1048508228.jpg

Naysariya

15THMEUPICTURES314.jpg

Last edited:
Found another one. This is a picture of me during the Crucible on PI, taken for an article that was written in the base paper.

pullingsecurity.jpg

I know right where you were! Stay safe up north!

ETA: That stage is where they broadcast that live MTV show with the Pussycat Dolls, etc.

Last edited:
I really don't advocate anyone that is in either sandbox posting on an open forum what they are doing over there. You just never know who might be reading these boards.
Then again you might consider me a former paranoid MI weenie.[wink][laugh]

I really don't advocate anyone that is in either sandbox posting on an open forum what they are doing over there. You just never know who might be reading these boards.
Then again you might consider me a former paranoid MI weenie.[wink][laugh]

As long as OPSEC isnt violated, it isnt a big deal. If you are in country and posting, use common sense, dont post sensitive pictures (this means airports meathead) or talk about current ops, facilities, troop strengths, current TTPS (ours and theirs) and the such. Thanks.

nice jungle boots!

that's probably the only thing i miss about the Battle Dress Uniform... my jungle boots!

chetD,
You know, I was temped to add a line about those green jungle boots (green canvas that is) but decided against it.

If I had known they were going to discontinue them, I'd have bought a few more pairs. The black nylon jungle boots that replaced them were JUNK!

SENSITIVE AIRPORT PICTURES HERE....

:eek:) just kiddin....

screenshot208.jpg

My other hobby is creating scenery for a flight simulator group... This is a sensitive airport photo.... I fly the helo. TOP SECRET. DO NOT VIEW

Thanks! Your website solved some family history for me.

Not knowing what unit makes it really tough to locate a person.

I maintain a website for the 90th Division and that Division was a major player and very active in all the battles that you mention in your posting.

I've posted several books online of the 90th's part in that war. Even if your relative wasn't in the 90th, (or maybe he was), if you read these WW1 books, you'll know what he went thru.

In the books there are many names of soldiers mentioned, in action and in lists for awards/casualties, etc.

Maybe you'll get lucky.

here's where you'll find the online books:

The 90th Division and Unit Histories in WWI

Here's the main web site:
http://www.90thDivisionAssociation.org

I'm sure you'll find something of interest.

Many thanks. I have my paternal grandfather's enlistment record. Your 90th Division website helped solve some hard to read data on his record. My grandfather enlisted at New Rockford, ND on April 29, 1918. He became part of Company K, 350th Infantry, which another website states was based at Camp Dodge, IA. He transferred to Company H, 358th Infantry on 16 May, 1918. He must have been part of the 2500 men transferred from Camp Dodge as mentioned on that date.

He fought in every battle as listed for the 358th per your website. The dates and places on his service record match the website's data. He survived the war luckily with no wounds received and returned to the U. S. as a Private First Class.

Many thanks, again.

Bill

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]This is me in front of one of the greatest places in the country.

3e07364e.jpg
[/QUOTE]

AH my stopping grounds!! Its amazing how much history comes from the city of Springfield.. To bad most of the locals don't appreciate what they have around them..

Back
Top Bottom