Well, finally! NRA responds to Healey's infringement

If the NRA really does something,and win's.I will give in, and get a life membership, but I feel they are just blowing smoke up our ass. I hope I am wrong.

there is a LOT riding on this. If this sticks in MA, it paves the way for it happening in every other state. At that point Loretta Lynch can pass the same thing for the entire U.S. Why stop there? Go after all "weapons of war" and ban handguns too.

If the NRA really does something,and win's.I will give in, and get a life membership, but I feel they are just blowing smoke up our ass. I hope I am wrong.

I feel the same way. Every attempt to reach somebody has gone ignored for me in the past. No response nothing.

When this went down I asked if they planned on assisting us in any way. They said they are on it and working with GOAL. The response was very fast.
If they un**** this they will have opened my wallet. Hell even if they lose, I'll toss them cash to just take a giant shit on her desk anyways.

I have not been to this site for awhile, and then heard the news. so I had to check in.
WTF is it with these politicians anyway! don't they have any more speakers of the house to indict?

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think the NRA gives a flying !@#$ about Mass. But they should. The Mass AG just showed the rest of the country a partial blueprint for further eroding of our rights. The day that this happened someone, anyone, should have tried to obtain a temporary injunction against this nonsense.

Comm2a and GOAL got some $$$ from me today. When the NRA does something, they'll get some dough from me....

there is a LOT riding on this. If this sticks in MA, it paves the way for it happening in every other state. At that point Loretta Lynch can pass the same thing for the entire U.S. Why stop there? Go after all "weapons of war" and ban handguns too.

Well...first every other state would have to pass an AWB. Not a small thing. Then it would have to be worded exactly as the MA AWB. Not a small thing. Then each state would have to enact some kind of FA-10 registration system that would provide the enforcement mechanism. Not a small thing. Then they'd have to have a communist bastard AG to "reinterpret" the law as they saw fit. Not a small thing.

It's definitely the worst hit the 2A has taken (as bad or worse than CA, IMO), but it doesn't mean that tomorrow another lib AG like the one in Minnesota or Virginia can declare "OH! They're banned here, too." The AG in MA deviously took advantage of a perfect storm circumstances in MA.

Forget it, Jake, it's Beantown.
Yup.

The NRA won't do crap. Comm2a will do what they can, but with the loaded chamber indicator decision we have seen that the federal court system believes that "guns are bad", which overrides all logic.

I think we are well and truly screwed.

Last edited:
Well...first every other state would have to pass an AWB. Not a small thing. Then it would have to be worded exactly as the MA AWB. Not a small thing. Then each state would have to enact some kind of FA-10 registration system that would provide the enforcement mechanism. Not a small thing. Then they'd have to have a communist bastard AG to "reinterpret" the law as they saw fit. Not a small thing.

It's definitely the worst hit the 2A has taken (as bad or worse than CA, IMO), but it doesn't mean that tomorrow another lib AG like the one in Minnesota or Virginia can declare "OH! They're banned here, too." The AG in MA deviously took advantage of a perfect storm circumstances in MA.

correct logistically but not in spirit.

if I'm a crazy AG, I can ban all ammo based on obscure EPA rules as a consumer protection mechanism, no new laws, just enforcing existing regulations. US makes so many laws every year that at this point there is a very good chance it randomly spells out hail satan. You just need to find the right part and say that you'll enforce it (at gun point)

If it's not appealed, then they are helping Healey cement this decision into place for years to come.

Sometimes I wonder who side people are supporting.....

Comm2A cannot run off half-cocked and start filing motions in the heat of battle. That's counterproductive. Motions filed in haste that are subsequently shot down are still case law and represent precedent that could be damaging to their own, and our, goals. From a legal perspective a measured, rational response is the best bet.

How big is the window of time to file an appeal?

Is here a deadline to file an appeal?

I agree, don't want to run around half-cocked, but also don't want to be laggard.

Last edited:
If it's not appealed, then they are helping Healey cement this decision into place for years to come.

And the same, and worse, if it is appealed and lost again.

As to whose side they're on, I sometimes wonder that about the NRA and other national orgs. I know personally many of the people running GOAL and COMM2A. I know damned well whose side they're on.

And the same, and worse, if it is appealed and lost again.

As to whose side they're on, I sometimes wonder that about the NRA and other national orgs. I know personally many of the people running GOAL and COMM2A. I know damned well whose side they're on.

This. They're on our side.

correct logistically but not in spirit.

if I'm a crazy AG, I can ban all ammo based on obscure EPA rules as a consumer protection mechanism, no new laws, just enforcing existing regulations. US makes so many laws every year that at this point there is a very good chance it randomly spells out hail satan. You just need to find the right part and say that you'll enforce it (at gun point)

When in doubt just say it is covered by the interstate commerce clause.

Comm2A is on our side. They don't have infinite funds. And sometimes it doesn't make sense to spend good money after bad.

If Comm2A doesn't see a viable appellate case, should they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a losing appeal, or should they spend that money on the AG's recent assault weapons ban decision?

I understand and share your anger, but focus that anger on the guilty party (the AG) not on our innocent friends (Comm2A).

- - - Updated - - -

How big is the window of time to file an appeal?

Is here a deadline to file an appeal?

I agree, don't want to run around half-cocked, but also don't want to be laggard.

Yes, there is a deadline. I don't know what it is, but I'm sure that Comm2A does that they will consider their options carefully before that time is up.

Back
Top Bottom