Well, finally! NRA responds to Healey's infringement

Took them long enough!

Massachusetts: Attorney General Healey Attacks Your Second Amendment Rights!

Yesterday, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey announced that she wants to further restrict the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Massachusetts citizens by arbitrarily changing the way her office enforces the state’s existing “assault weapons” ban. Massachusetts state law currently prohibits the possession of “assault weapons” and large capacity feeding devices (defined as devices capable of holding certain amounts of ammunition) and “copies or duplicates of the weapons.” This law mirrors the federal “assault weapons” ban that expired in 2004.

Attorney General Healey claims that gun manufacturers across the state have been selling firearms to citizens that they claim are compliant with the law, but that she says would be considered “copies or duplicates” of the “assault weapons” prohibited for possession under Massachusetts law.

By doing so, Attorney General Healey has over stepped her boundaries as Attorney General and created a new definition outside of the statute that currently regulates so-called “assault weapons” in Massachusetts. This new definition could lead to a total ban of all semi-automatic firearms in the state.

Your NRA-ILA will be working tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners in Massachusetts by looking into the legal options available to fight this egregious attack. Please stay tuned to your email inbox and www.nraila.org for further updates on this issue.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...l-healey-attacks-your-second-amendment-rights

that was like eternity back in the main C-nt Heely thread, but worth while it's own thread to see where NRA actually ends up. I hope that we get more than discount coupons for more membership offers.

My proactive 19 year old son, who is also an NRA Life member, called the NRA yesterday to ask what they were going to do about protecting his rights under the Second Amendment in Massachusetts. They told him that they had a "team of lawyers" looking at it. We'll see what happens.

My proactive 19 year old son, who is also an NRA Life member, called the NRA yesterday to ask what they were going to do about protecting his rights under the Second Amendment in Massachusetts. They told him that they had a "team of lawyers" looking at it. We'll see what happens.

Well, at least they didn't say "top men" were looking into it.

"Top men."

If the NRA really does something,and win's.I will give in, and get a life membership, but I feel they are just blowing smoke up our ass. I hope I am wrong.

I think this is past the point for lawyers. It's like Hillary telling the people at Benghazi to just hang in there. Their end was death.

They most likely are quietly sending lawyers and money to GOAL and Comm2A to figure out a lawfare strategy. Waving their flag openly just feeds the antis antics here.

They called me few weeks ago trying to get me to upgrade my membership to a life. I told the guy very plainly, you do something for us in MA and I'll go life but I'm not giving you another dime of my money so you can send me a 30 cent knife and then ignore me. Let's see what they do.

I'm sure they're preparing a special mailing for us ma$$holes telling us they need more money before they can help. They've got millions and millions in their coffers, don't give them another cent until they actually do something other than say "we're looking into it"

I coincidentally joined NRA as a life member with the $500 promo the day before the announcement. Hoping they pull through for us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It's Massachusetts. The NRA won't be doing **** all except sending out shit tons of junk mail saying Obama's going to eat your children if you don't send them a hundred dollars a month.

Back
Top Bottom