• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Welcome home firearm

i agree with everyone else...as far as using your amazon gift card i'd go with sights

the light is ok if you plan to use it as a home defense pistol but as everyone here will say you should always ID a target before firing and you shouldn't point a pistol with a light on it at someone while trying to ID...get an extra handheld flashlight in addition to a pistol mounted one if that is what you want...if you were to only have one go with a hand held flashlight

the only thing i did on my g19 (other than sights) was a hogue handall grip...pain to put on but it works nice in the summer when your hands get sweaty

also pick up a uplula speed loader for it...makes loading fast and easy

other than these optional things there really is nothing else you should need to do to either of them
I'll look into the grip, pulled up the uplula thing and I can definitely use that.. That will make sliding that last round in without having to stand on the thing.

I use those on like 3 of my guns, they work great. That said the HDs are a little nicer.

-Mike

Holsters. Shoot the gun stock. Learn how to shoot it, clean it, take it apart, put it back together, draw it, fire it, develop muscle memory. They are excellent guns in stock form. Become proficient driving a Toyota Corolla before buying a Lamborghini Countach (yes, thats old school but my favorite)

This...

Also go to a reputable firearms academy and get some intermediate and advanced level training.

If you are going to carry concealed, a good gun belt for your holster makes a big difference in keeping your weapon in the right place.

Depending on how you carry, a solid shoulder harness will go a long way also.

I'll look into the grip, pulled up the uplula thing and I can definitely use that.. That will make sliding that last round in without having to stand on the thing.

the hogue grip is cheap enough to try...check the reviews if you want..you don't have to trim it at all for a g19 so it looks clean as well but it really sucks to put on...i would try it on the g19 and maybe pick one up for the g26 but realize that it would require the same grip but trimming it down to fit correctly...there may be better options out there for the g26

http://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Rubber-...?ie=UTF8&qid=1458738591&sr=8-1&keywords=hogue

...the uplula is a must have for me cause like you said that last round sucks and i'd rather spend time shooting than loading

I've always enjoyed the stock look of everything, but I also understand that there are better parts made. While looking at the trijicon HD yellow and Orange, I stumbled on these

http://www.amazon.com/Trijicon-GL01...F8&qid=1458708159&sr=8-5&keywords=trijicon+hd

which are the white kind of stock look, I liked them, does anyone have feed back on them ?
I'm not a fan. Bought my 19 with those on already and want to switch, as they're not easy to pick up at the range imho. I'm looking into a blacked out rear and fiberoptic front instead.

Back
Top Bottom