• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wear testers for hunting boots needed

Spent 5 hours pushing through all sorts of terrain this past weekend. Took these out 2 trips (first didnt count though as I was in a stand as shown in the pic). Dropping them in the mail tomorrow.

nrul.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 86222

This was after trekking through a swamp I figured the boots were going to get sent back looking like I had used them (which I did) unfortunately/fortunately they shed mud and water amazingly well.

Last edited:
Mine are being mailed out today with the completed paperwork. They performed well. I was very impressed with how warm but pliable they were. Traction was excellent and predictable. I did have an issue with heel movement in the heel pocket of the boots regardless of how tight I tied them; an unsual issue for me. I may buy a set but go down half a size to see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to demo them. I'll PM with tracking number as soon as they ship out from work.

Fitz

I wanted to hate these things when I got them. Not a fan of the material look or pattern. That being said, I liked them. Traction was top notch, I was out saturday in wet, cold, windy conditions in all sorts of steep rough terrain (inclines, declines, pine thick, brush, marsh, rocks, etc)....Not once did they loose bite. They were light, and I experienced no real discomfort. My only gripe is that I found them to be a little stiff up top where my toes would normally bend BUT it didnt cause discomfort so I am being nit picky. Would I buy these? Yea sure, but probably not at the price. I would say my Irish Setter Trail Phantoms are more comfortable and a good amount cheaper.

Oh and was on foot for five hours, laces held tight entire time.

Last edited:
Mine boots are headed back tomorrow with the reviews......wanted to get in the opener of shotgun with them to get you a review with the boots in wet conditions.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom