Wear testers for hunting boots needed

OCB

As I mentioned in my previous thread about hiking boots, I am an engineer for Wolverine World Wide. We have been asked by the Wolverine brand to evaluate two of their hunting boots and two competitor boots. We would like to get some feedback from users as part of our testing, so this is where you come in. We are looking to have people who wear size 8, 9, 10, or 11 evaluate one or more pairs of boots listed below. The idea is that you wear a pair of the boots while you're hunting, and afterward you give us your feedback. Compensation is a $50 visa gift card per trip. Unfortunately, you can't keep the boots when you're done. We are looking to have this wrapped up by the end of the month, and if you go on more than one trip in that time frame you can evaluate more boots. So, take a look at the boots listed below, and if they seem like something you would normally wear then shoot me a PM. Feel free to PM me with questions, or ask them in the thread.

Wolverine King Caribou III

Wolverine Big Horn

Under Armour Speedfreek In camo pattern

Irish Setter Grizzly Tracker 1000gram

Thanks,
Jeremy

some small boots here and I don't think it's a good idea to bring BN boots on a trip.

BN = brand new? If so, yes, I understand taking boots that haven't been broken in on a trip where you plan on doing lots of walking isn't ideal, but unfortunately we're on a little bit of a tight schedule. One possible work-around is that the boots get sent out a few days ahead of a planned trip and you can wear them around home/where ever to give them at least a little breaking in.

As far as guys looking for larger sizes, I'll check to see what we can get.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't hunt but i'll take a size 10 and wear 'em while sitting on my couch.....

Thanks, but we already have that activity covered... [laugh]

Sent this to my cousin and his dad who live in Lexington, will let you know if there's any interest there.

Too bad you're not testing in early spring, otherwise I'd volunteer to wear them while I'm tapping maple trees and boiling sap. Where I do that work, the ground is soggy and muddy. Two years ago my work boots were destroyed. I bought some very good, expensive, well-reputationed boots for last year's season, but still had to get them refurbished. During the season it goes from working in snow to working in mud/standing water.

This time of year it's relatively dry so they won't see the harsher conditions (for a boot) found in late spring.

Last edited:
actually, you'd do well handing them out in Mexico and getting them back in US, you just need a translator to document experience [laugh] may even get some weed with your boots [laugh]

Going to White mountains early Saturday. 10 1/2 or 11, depending on fit. Live near Worcester.

Thanks very much for all of the responses, guys. We're trying to figure out how to get folks boots (and how to get them returned) with the least amount of effort possible on your part. I've had to put out some fires today at work so I haven't been able to respond to all the PMs yet.

If this was for December I would be all over it - my land is a mix of rocky and swampy with a lot of under brush.

Last pair of boots started leaking after about 15-18 Hrs of use (actually walking time)

Hi guys,
I'm going to be sending out the first wave of boots today. I've PM'd some of you for your address. I'm also going to be getting a few larger sizes (mostly likely 11.5 -12), so I'll be reaching out to those guys who expressed interest when the boots arrive.

Thanks again.

Hi guys,
I'm also going to be getting a few larger sizes (mostly likely 11.5 -12), so I'll be reaching out to those guys who expressed interest when the boots arrive.

Thanks again.

Cool. Throw my name in the hat if you could. I hope you don't mind if you get the boots back a little stinky. My feet sweat like a bastid. ;)

Question for you OCB. Wore the boots around the house today. They definitely need to be broken in to get a real feel of how good a shoe they are in my opinion. So do you want me to break them in as I do with my work boots (a week or 2 of 4-6 hours of daily wear) or do you want me to just wear unbroken in boots on a hunt and not give them a real fair shake?

Question for you OCB. Wore the boots around the house today. They definitely need to be broken in to get a real feel of how good a shoe they are in my opinion. So do you want me to break them in as I do with my work boots (a week or 2 of 4-6 hours of daily wear) or do you want me to just wear unbroken in boots on a hunt and not give them a real fair shake?

This

It's fine if you want to take some time breaking them in. The only thing I ask is that you try to get the boots and your feedback to me by the end of November.

Thanks everyone for all of the willingness to help out. At this point I think we have all of the wear testers we need queued up. The second wave of boots should be going out *hopefully* next week. I'll send the next group a PM before the boots go out.

I am Size 11 and would be happy to try them. I have been looking for a high end waterproof boot to buy. So if I like them I would buy a pair.

Back
Top Bottom