"Weapon of War" Used in girls shooting

Maybe mom and dad aren't such stand up people. Not that its justified. Just crossed my mind.
Or maybe they got the wrong house... We are not talking about rocket scientists here... It's happened before... In fact, it seems more often than not, they are shooting up "the wrong house"...

Why can't we get the thugs to use a lever action occassionally?

The .30-30 is about the same power, and it would throw a nice crimp in the "authorized journalists'" tiresome narrative.

Why can't we get the thugs to use a lever action occassionally?

The .30-30 is about the same power, and it would throw a nice crimp in the "authorized journalists'" tiresome narrative.

I see a new kind of police gun swap here. Turn in your old "weapon of war" and get a cowboy gun in exchange! That way, the thugs can be shooting things up with single action wheel guns and lever action rifles, which should be fine with the antis given that they always seem primarily concerned that the bad guys are using "evil" weapons, rather, one presumes, than some other, more socially acceptable type.

I see a new kind of police gun swap here. Turn in your old "weapon of war" and get a cowboy gun in exchange!
It's easier than that...

Just have whoever the popular rap "artists" of the day might be, swing around a golden boy in their video... Soon the streets will be flooded with spray painted lever action guns...

Ba-Ling!

I see a new kind of police gun swap here. Turn in your old "weapon of war" and get a cowboy gun in exchange! That way, the thugs can be shooting things up with single action wheel guns and lever action rifles, which should be fine with the antis given that they always seem primarily concerned that the bad guys are using "evil" weapons, rather, one presumes, than some other, more socially acceptable type.

Does that mean Queen Martha will allow Ubertis and Cimmaron to be sold here??
How does the SAA go over with a 10lb trigger??

In today's Herald print edition, Rosenthal goes on about how AK-47s can be bought in 33 states without an ID or background check. He no doubt intends to leave people thinking that one can just go into a gun store or to a gun show and slap dollars on the counter and walk out with an AK-47, when he is probably referring to private sales.

But when your cause is just, what are a few lies and half-truths?

They have the perp's car, they know who did it and it has been a few days. So where are the arrests??? Now for all you reasonable people out there, I realize it takes time to build a case, but they took no time whatsoever to trash talk the guns and indict, try and convict the guns in the court of public opinion. Talk about a white elephant. A little slight of hand and their sins (light sentences, etc) are never discussed.
I wonder how helpful the parents and other residents of the house are being given this appears to be targeted at this house.

When you have (or are) no answers to the problem confronting you and you are unable to
comprehend the issues then you fabricate and provide your own seemingly logical answers.
Insane men have been doing this since the beginning of time...

Basically they found a 7.62x39. But that won't scare enough people. Seriously.

Tell Sheep A: "We located a 7.62x39 round."

Tell Sheep B: "We believe they fired AK-47 weapons of war."

Years ago I commented on some media moron who, based on similar evidence, reported that a 9mm round fired in a drive-by was "probably from an Uzi." My view of Ed Davis would differ appreciably from my views expressed about that reporter.

Ken

Ok, I'm waiting for the pol who comes out and says, "we just can't stand for this type of violence anymore in our city, these thugs have these weapons of war and prey on innocent people. Starting immediately we will begin issuing AR15's or AK47's to our legal, eligible citizens. You thugs want to prey on something, prey on that!"[grin]

Or maybe they got the wrong house... We are not talking about rocket scientists here... It's happened before... In fact, it seems more often than not, they are shooting up "the wrong house"...

yup.

or wrong car too.

people like this need the death penalty. Sorry..... a little kid shot and possibly a little boy too? 30 to 40 rounds from some shitbags with an AK into peoples homes.

off the suckers and save us the money of supporting the dirtbags in prison and make the world a better place.

People who do non justified violent things like this have no right to live on this earth.

waste of skin, and air....

people like that make me sick. I hope they catch them.

John Rosenthal is a rump wad. I hope an elderly driver in an suv drives over his empty head.

follow-up PSH in the BGlobe

Brazen weapon fire chills police/
Gangs obtaining more assault rifles

Notable quotes:
-->
"They’ll rip through a telephone pole."

"They can rip through just about anything in an urban environment.’’

"AK-47s are ... capable of firing at least 100 yards,

"... can be easily converted into automatic weapons."
<--

Wow!

When what is probably happening is that an SKS is cheaper and more effective for gangs using automobiles. They are easier to buy, and if enforcement has been such in the 'hood that carrying a handgun is too risky, when they explicitly go to commit crimes, why not put a rifle in the car.

Brazen weapon fire chills police/
Gangs obtaining more assault rifles

Notable quotes:
-->
"They’ll rip through a telephone pole."

"They can rip through just about anything in an urban environment.’’

"AK-47s are ... capable of firing at least 100 yards,

"... can be easily converted into automatic weapons."
<--

Wow!

When what is probably happening is that an SKS is cheaper and more effective for gangs using automobiles. They are easier to buy, and if enforcement has been such in the 'hood that carrying a handgun is too risky, when they explicitly go to commit crimes, why not put a rifle in the car.

I'll have to talk to my son in Alaska and tell him to hang up that pissant .338 mag that he uses for brown bears and get one of those kiss-ass AK's. Jack.

weapon of war, assault rifle, 30 rd "clips", armor piercing bullets, accurate to 100 yards, etc., ... you're going to see more of these stories in boston. it's a not so subtle attempt at convincing the sheeple that the police need a patrol rifle program. [wink]

This is the most likely reason for this article.

Are they not doing enough community marches and group prayer services in the neighborhoods to stop these things? Perhaps the people in those area will come to grips with the fact that they are going to have to lessen their tolerance of criminal and gang related behavior among their own to clean up the streets. Thats where it starts and it ends up as we read here!

Some years ago I had occasion to drive through a particularly nasty part of Dorchester in the company of a local. We passed a house at one point that had some extremely unsavory types lounging around on the front porch. The local made it clear I could not even look in their direction, to just look straight ahead and pray they didn't get interested.

Individuals that lessen tolerance to gangs won't make it till Tuesday.

To eliminate gangs is quite simple: Eliminate the gang members from society. Either kill them or lock them away for life.

However:

#1 - Our "civilized" culture will never tolerate killing a person simply because they are acting as part of a gang, even though that gang is killing, dealing drugs and shooting little girls through walls.

#2 - Because there are so many people with hobbies that require the services of gangs (drugs), killing off one gang just guarantees another one will pop up in it's place.

So, basically, we are stuck with the gangs/drugs/shootings until shtf and they are all mistaken for zombies.

So, basically, SKS = AK-47 clone = FA AK-47, so in esence our streets are being flooded with a fully automatic weapons. Hundreds are people are dying as otherwise good young men are corrupted by these weapons of war.

We have done everything we can here in MA and it has worked incredibly well, but anyone can just drive up to NH, or ME and buy a FA AK from a gunstore no questions asked. Our only hope, the children's only hope, is to reinstate the AWB! Save us Mumbles!

Some years ago I had occasion to drive through a particularly nasty part of Dorchester in the company of a local. We passed a house at one point that had some extremely unsavory types lounging around on the front porch. The local made it clear I could not even look in their direction, to just look straight ahead and pray they didn't get interested.

Individuals that lessen tolerance to gangs won't make it till Tuesday.

To eliminate gangs is quite simple: Eliminate the gang members from society. Either kill them or lock them away for life.

However:

#1 - Our "civilized" culture will never tolerate killing a person simply because they are acting as part of a gang, even though that gang is killing, dealing drugs and shooting little girls through walls.

#2 - Because there are so many people with hobbies that require the services of gangs (drugs), killing off one gang just guarantees another one will pop up in it's place.

So, basically, we are stuck with the gangs/drugs/shootings until shtf and they are all mistaken for zombies.

It still makes me go "hmmm" why the general public can't make the analogy between Alcohol Prohibition & Gangster violence and Drug Prohibition & Gangster violence.

When drugs are decriminalized the profit motive for gang behavior simply disappears. Violence will always be with us, as it is the human condition, but prohibition-created gang turf warfare over drug money will go "poof" in one day. We just don't have the balls as a society to do it. And, sad to say, it's mostly the GOP's blind love of the nanny-state that's to blame.

When drugs are decriminalized the profit motive for gang behavior simply disappears. Violence will always be with us, as it is the human condition, but prohibition-created gang turf warfare over drug money will go "poof" in one day. We just don't have the balls as a society to do it. And, sad to say, it's mostly the GOP's blind love of the nanny-state that's to blame.

Drugs should be decriminalized, I agree. When you can buy a sealed oz of pot (or laudanum, etc.) at the local smoke shop for a price that you don't have to steal to afford, it would seem to be a no-brainer to do so. And yes that will change the purpose of the gangs although I disagree they'll disappear. They'll just switch to more direct methods of money-making, like kidnapping for pay, robbery, etc. Actually that would probably make it more culturally acceptable to start killing the gang members!

My perception has always been the republican side is not so much nanny-state but puritan-state: It's wrong to use drugs, drink on sunday, have sex other than for procreation, etc. while the dem side seems to want to take "care" of us. Provide for us if times are hard, or even if they are easy. Care for our kids, our parents, etc. Make sure we all have the same retirement plans... Well, except for those at the top.

We need a leave-me-the-heck-alone side...

BGlobe editorial comment

The Boston Sunday Globe published three, one paragraph editorial comments under a section titled "Short Fuse" on the editorial page yesterday. I could not find it online, but I thought it important that this audience here is kept aware of what they are saying:

-->
Editorials, Boston Globe, 2 Aug 2009

Guns: Assault rifles on the streets

Assault rifles are showing up with increasing frequency on Boston's streets. As Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis said last week, they present a special danger because their bullets can go through cars or utility poles. Davis spoke after gunfire in Dorchester in which at least one weapon was an AK-47. A 12-year-old girl watching TV at home received a leg wounded during the shooting. A ban on such rifles, which are ill-suited for legal uses such as hunting or home protection, expired in 2004. Congress should restore the ban. But sadly, the gun lobby has a stranglehold on even a Congress with Democratic majorities.
<--

Seven sentences, about a dozen errors, lies, or misrepresentations -- a worse ratio than is usual for the BGlobe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom