"Weapon of War" Used in girls shooting

12-Year-Old Struck By Bullet In Home

BOSTON -- Boston's police commissioner promised quick arrests Tuesday in a shooting that wounded a 12-year-old girl inside her Dorchester home.

NewsCenter 5's Janet Wu reported that the girl was inside a home on Whitman Street when she was shot in the back of the leg at about 8:30 p.m. Monday.

Police said that the girl was sitting inside her home when a stray bullet pierced the wall and struck the girl. She was treated at a local hospital and released.

Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis visited the area and spoke to neighbors and the victim, who was struck with what Davis called a "weapon of war."

[thinking][hmmm][angry]

"It's just unconscionable that cowards like this would stand out here and indiscriminately fire devastating rounds into these houses," Davis said.

Police said at least three weapons, including an AK-47, were fired from an area adjacent to the home.

"I was on the phone talking to a friend. I hung up my phone, and I just heard a whole bunch of noise outside, and I dropped down low and never got back up until the police came," neighbor Betty Smith said.

Davis said 30 to 40 rounds were fired into the homes. Police said a search warrant on a vehicle believed to have been used by the gunmen was executed. He said they are known to police, but have not yet been arrested.

"She is clearly afraid. I assured her that the police would be out here this evening. We will be here as long as we have to be until the people who were responsible for this are taken into custody," Davis said.

Neighbor Hubert Holtzclaw said that he considers himself lucky because his 5-year-old son would have been going to bed in a room where police found bullets lodged.

"You have to constantly think about this, and you know, are you going to stay? You've invested time and money and made your place nice and thought you were on a relatively nice street," he said.

Anyone with information was urged to call police at 617-343-4712. Community members who wish to assist the investigation in an anonymous manner should call CrimeStoppers at 800-494-TIPS or text the word ‘TIP’ to CRIME (27463).

Yeah I bet the firearms were legal too. This sh!t pisses me off. [frown]

Davis said 30 to 40 rounds were fired into the homes. Police said a search warrant on a vehicle believed to have been used by the gunmen was executed. He said they are known to police, but have not yet been arrested.

Seriously.

30 - 40 rounds in a neighborhood + speeding car + rifle = Gang Activity. Opps...I mean misguided youth.

You beat me to it. Imagine if the reporter asked the obvious follow up there and inquired as to why 4 individuals who are known to police and known to have committed these crimes are WALKING FREE RIGHT NOW! But that would only make sense... [rolleyes]

So let me get this straight. They don't have the guns; the don't have the perps. Still, through some magical process, Ed "Karnak the Great" Davis has discovered that one of the guns was an AK-47. Not an SKS, not an Maadi, not a Valmet, but a genuine AK-47. Now why is it that I don't believe him?
bsmeter.gif

Ken

So let me get this straight. They don't have the guns; the don't have the perps. Still, through some magical process, Ed "Karnak the Great" Davis has discovered that one of the guns was an AK-47. Not an SKS, not an Maadi, not a Valmet, but a genuine AK-47. Now why is it that I don't believe him?
bsmeter.gif

Ken

Basically they found a 7.62x39. But that won't scare enough people. Seriously.

Tell Sheep A: "We located a 7.62x39 round."

Tell Sheep B: "We believe they fired AK-47 weapons of war."

You guys just don't get it do you? You see the guns are actually a magic talisman that will turn a good person (who these poor, missguided children in Boston are) into a raging psychopath just by been a few feet away from it.

You guys just don't get it do you? You see the guns are actually a magic talisman that will turn a good person (who these poor, missguided children in Boston are) into a raging psychopath just by been a few feet away from it.

Yeah....it's got a magnetic field and they must be sensative to high EMF's.

It amazes me how clouded and ignorant the law enforcement/media/sheeple are.

Like Derek said, don't they know assault weapons are illegal in Boston?

Gee wiz, it doesn't effect gangbangers huh?

These are the people you're most likely to defend Yourself from.

Last edited:
I dont want to hijack the thread but it brings up an interesting question, what would you do if lead started flying through your walls? Would you return fire? Hit the dirt? I think if a family member was hit, I would be tempted to take the guy out.

I would be tempted to take the guy out.
Well, not to go all Rambo, but I'd be well passed tempted... I simply don't care "why" someone is shooting at me... I will stop it ASAP in any way that I can...

In the case of a drive-by, there's a reasonable chance that you would not be able to return fire, just from a practical stand-point and I'm not leaving the house unguarded to chase after them that's for sure...

Not assuming anything at that point about who, what, why and are they done?

Someone was on the tube last night calling for better gun control.

Somehow I thought it was already illegal to buy, possess and use f/a rifles without the appropriate licenses, along with the ammo of course. It is probably illegal to fire the thing near buildings, never mind INTO buildings. These bangers must have broken a couple of laws somehow, hunh?

Maybe if there was just ONE more law they might have reconsidered their actions...

ETA - Sometimes the timing of things like this make me wonder if the gun control crowd is evil enough to sacrifice a few to further their cause. I doubt it, but sometimes I do wonder.

Someone was on the tube last night calling for better gun control.

Somehow I thought it was already illegal to buy, possess and use f/a rifles without the appropriate licenses, along with the ammo of course. It is probably illegal to fire the thing near buildings, never mind INTO buildings. These bangers must have broken a couple of laws somehow, hunh?

Maybe if there was just ONE more law they might have reconsidered their actions...

ETA - Sometimes the timing of things like this make me wonder if the gun control crowd is evil enough to sacrifice a few to further their cause. I doubt it, but sometimes I do wonder.

Why miss an opportunity to bring up gun controls when crime control is so much more difficult?[grin]

they probably got the money for the AK from the disadvantaged youth employment program funded by your tax dollars

These guns were either:

a) stolen, or
b) Paid for by drug money.

Strict gun control doesn't work. Mexico proves that. That's a big piece of the reason the anti crowd keeps blaming the US for the Mexican 'gun problem' - it prevents anyone from asking the queston, 'if guns are almost totally banned for civilian ownership in Mexico, how in hell is there a gun problem? Isn't that what you've been telling us was the solution to OUR gun problem for years?'

They're premptorially answering, 'Oh, it's the nasty NRA/Gun Lobby/Uber-right-wing-domestic-terrorists fault! They're coming HERE to get the guns. If we just banned all of ours the problem would go away."

Right [rolleyes]

I'm very sorry that little girl had to get hurt. I'm even MORE sorry that the powers-that-be in this state are barking up the wrong tree as a solution. I'd LIKE to think that these people actually (wrongly) believe that controlling access to guns will have a positive effect but the cynic in me says it's more that they know they can't be successful agaisnt the drug gangs so they're picking something easy to make great soundbites on to make them look like they're actually doing something.

Maybe it was a "weapon of peace" masquerading as a weapon of war. Would that make it okay in Boston? Inquiring minds want to know.

How long until we get the "He was such a good kid, he was really turning his life around" story?

There needs to be a new classification.. Somewhere between the place where the Yute is out there doing drive by shootings and the point where they are caught and "..are working to turn his life around"..

OK first off obviously it sucks that a 12 y/o girl got shot in the leg. But has anybody thought, why were there 3 gunmen firing 30-40 rounds into this house? Maybe mom and dad aren't such stand up people. Not that its justified. Just crossed my mind.

Back
Top Bottom