We need a new Freezer: Where to find a good size (for family) freezer??

GlockJock

NES Member
So apparently the "Panic-buying" has now moved to: freezers...But even long before this started ours was "going" and now it died, so it's time for a new one...We were doing the "cross your fingers and pray it lasts" thing cuz we're also financially helping out our daughter who was laid off from her job and is struggling with her mortgage etc, but....Now we need a new freezer, good size for a family of four...maybe 7 cubic feet or bigger?...But I've looked and tried almost everywhere and no luck.
If you know where I can find one please post or PM me cuz I'm (actually wife and kids LOL) pretty desperate for one right now. Live in Lynnfield/Peabody/Saugus area, but very willing to travel if necessary (and hopefully make it back home before everything in the old freezer goes bad/rots etc!)...

As always, thanks in advance!!

Good luck. I ordered one from Home Dump the end of February. Gave me a delivery date in April. Then updated it to a June 23rd date. Now it says ‘unavailable’. I’m ordering a commercial freezer because it’s all I can find.

You're not going to find one readily available in the normal consumer market.

Hit up a restaurant supply for a commercial unit or scour craigslist for someone selling one.

You're not going to find one readily available in the normal consumer market.

Hit up a restaurant supply for a commercial unit or scour craigslist for someone selling one.
i would call restaurant depot. I see at their entrance they do sell commercial equipment, they have two gas stoves there. I bet they can get you a freezer. Might not be a cheap one though, but it will be commercial quality (which means lower temp so the frozen food lasts longer in there)

i would call restaurant depot. I see at their entrance they do sell commercial equipment, they have two gas stoves there. I bet they can get you a freezer. Might not be a cheap one though, but it will be commercial quality (which means lower temp so the frozen food lasts longer in there)
Make sure it’s a decent brand. They are not known for quality. Refrigeration is no joke. You can buy some cheap ovens or fryers and they will work ok. Refrigeration will cost you more to repair then you paid for the unit.

Make sure it’s a decent brand. They are not known for quality. Refrigeration is no joke. You can buy some cheap ovens or fryers and they will work ok. Refrigeration will cost you more to repair then you paid for the unit.
yeah you would have to do some research. Not sure what a "good name" in commercial refrigeration is. I know Traulsen USED to be great brand.

Nothing new, a coworker has been trying to find another freezer because hers shit the bed the first week into this covid bullshit and outside of commercial freezers she hasn't had any luck. None of the usual suspects could even give her an estimate on their next shipment.

OP could always go 'Old School'... well, except for ice cream.

1588804733834.png

i have no idea who U-Star is, but Restaurant Depot appears to have these in stock

1588805372817.png

Nope. That's real. Men always have to take the trash out... regardless of species...

1588805411110.png

Back
Top Bottom