• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We might be moving back. Glocks still the thing to bring?

Having a LTC in Mass is way better than having one in RI.
In RI you drive 20min in each direction and your carry is over as you are out of state and the neighboring states don’t accept that license.

With a Mass LTC you can have your gun on your belt uninterrupted in MA, VT, NH and ME.

This is a stupid argument. You drive to Maine and Vermont every day of the week? Do you not go to work or stay at home? If you live in RI, 99% of your time is going to be spent in the state or in RI + Mass or RI + CT depending on where you live.

Anyone who actually lives either in Mass near RI or in RI near Mass typically will have both permits.

I was also wondering this. Purely based on guns, RI is much better. The RI 2A scene has become vibrant in the last five years. Getting 3000 RI'ers to show up at the state house for gun bills happens every legislative session. Average like 2950 pro-2A, 50 anti. RI now has four clubs running 3-gun and something like three to five places doing sporting clays. Concealed carry is much more accessible than five, ten years before.

Now, if you're high income, Mass is lower income and sales tax. I'd have to examine Mass property tax rates to say anything about that. RI is more of a fiscal and economic struggling state than Mass.

Overall quality of life is better in Mass. RI is better purely on guns.

Having a LTC in Mass is way better than having one in RI.
In RI you drive 20min in each direction and your carry is over as you are out of state and the neighboring states don’t accept that license.

With a Mass LTC you can have your gun on your belt uninterrupted in MA, VT, NH and ME.

Yes, you can buy more guns [Glocks] in RI but you can’t do anything with them because it’s very difficult to get an LTC as a resident in RI. As HPM said, you drive 15 mins in either direction and your RI LTC is worthless (assuming you can get one). It’s much easier to get an unrestricted LTC in most of MA, and certainly in the area OP is looking at, than just about anywhere in RI. If you have a MA unrestricted it’s pretty easy to get a RI non-res LTC, then you can carry from RI all the way through northern New England. Despite our restrictions, I’ll take MA over RI any day when it comes to gu ownership.

This is a stupid argument. You drive to Maine and Vermont every day of the week? Do you not go to work or stay at home? If you live in RI, 99% of your time is going to be spent in the state or in RI + Mass or RI + CT depending on where you live.

Anyone who actually lives either in Mass near RI or in RI near Mass typically will have both permits.

I live about 5 miles from the RI border, I know a lot of gun owners in RI but very few w/ RI LTCs. The range I go to in MA is staffed by mostly RI guys, instructors, a few former military, almost none of them can get their RI LTC.

I live about 5 miles from the RI border, I know a lot of gun owners in RI but very few w/ RI LTCs. The range I go to in MA is staffed by mostly RI guys, instructors, a few former military, almost none of them can get their RI LTC.

Can't get or won't get? There's plenty of information available online about how to get a RI carry permit. I clearly stated "it's easier to get a permit now than five years ago." A lot of gun owners tend to be uninformed or working with out of date info that's potentially faulty.

What towns do these people live in? Pawtucket? Central Falls? I know for a fact that Providence and Woonsocket issue permits. Burrillville, North Smithfield, and Tiverton issue permits easily.

Tell your friends to talk to Daria Bruno. Guarantee they've never heard the name before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom