We might be moving back. Glocks still the thing to bring?

Wife is interviewing for a tenure track position at a few places in the area, so we might be coming back.

Before I left, Glocks were the IT girls for outsiders to bring in. That still the case? They're about $350 used in my local area.

I'm sure as shit not moving to RI, and while I miss Somerville, the front runner job for my wife is right next to Foxborough, so if I'm going to work in MA, anywhere, it will likely be Boston, putting us either in Norwood, or near it.

NH wouldn't work, unfortunately.

Stand by for all the “dealers” getting butthurt and pissing and moaning “but straw purchase” 321....
lol, yeah, when we all know the real scam, limiting what guns can enter the state causes this. There'd have to be intent to buy for another, and not buy what I want with an eye towards maximizing the resale when I choose to downsize (or my wife finds them, which is the REAL risk.)

I just bought a police trade in gen2 g17 for around $400. Leave your hi-cap mags where you are unless they are pre bans.
The popo trade ins are everywhere right now.
aw hell, I think all my mags are not preban, I bet I can find a decent number around here though that are prebans. I was planning on staying away from the 9mm and .40, and getting a couple .45acps to add to what I have, then finally pick up a couple G20 and G29s to replace my bedroom g21 with something with a little more oomph and move that g21 to my office.

All the semi auto handguns are readily attainable if you know how. If you are trying to bring back cool stuff that will be much harder/impossible to get once here, focus on revolvers not sold at 4seasons. Those are considerably harder to find/acquire once you are a inmate of MA outside of FTF transactions

All the semi auto handguns are readily attainable if you know how. If you are trying to bring back cool stuff that will be much harder/impossible to get once here, focus on revolvers not sold at 4seasons. Those are considerably harder to find/acquire once you are a inmate of MA outside of FTF transactions
I'll keep that in mind, when we come back to shop houses, I intend to do a full gun shop tour, to see if there are any that are good to go. I've got a few Free State project friends that I'll be pumping for info as well.

aw hell, I think all my mags are not preban, I bet I can find a decent number around here though that are prebans. I was planning on staying away from the 9mm and .40, and getting a couple .45acps to add to what I have, then finally pick up a couple G20 and G29s to replace my bedroom g21 with something with a little more oomph and move that g21 to my office.
You could trade your post ban mags for old prebans, then when when you get here you can sell them to us cheap!

buy a slew of glocks for 400 and then sell them in the NES classifieds for 800. I mean don't plan to sell them. buy them, love them, and then maybe a few months after you move here realize that you need to sell them to fund another hobby.

buy a slew of glocks for 400 and then sell them in the NES classifieds for 800. I mean don't plan to sell them. buy them, love them, and then maybe a few months after you move here realize that you need to sell them to fund another hobby.
Cocaine is a hobby, right? Just *sniff* kidding.

The sad reality, is that with anything other than cooking, you've just described my hobbies to a t. Get into it, buy a bunch of shit, and six months later, I'm selling it off for the next hobby.

Screw the Glocks and load up with stripped lowers. Way cheaper,easier to get and easier to travel with. You and the wifey sell 8 a year and make bank.

Glocks can still fetch a premium, but you could easily build your own down here with new parts. You should make sure you have all the niche guns you want for your personal collection before coming down.

I'd bring as many high end CZ's or boutique handguns as I could afford.

Yeah, I think the OP wants some CZ75 variants and Browning/FN Hi-powers for his personal collection and his own private use before moving back to MA. Oh yeah, and post-94/pre-2016 AR lowers. I bet he'd love shooting some of those.

Glocks can still fetch a premium, but you could easily build your own down here with new parts. You should make sure you have all the niche guns you want for your personal collection before coming down.

Yeah, I think the OP wants some CZ75 variants and Browning/FN Hi-powers for his personal collection and his own private use before moving back to MA. Oh yeah, and post-94/pre-2016 AR lowers. I bet he'd love shooting some of those.
Heh, I'm picking up what you're putting down. I've been shooting the hell out of my 6.8mm, it's like a fun bit of legos that won't tear your soul out of your body if you accidently step on it barefoot.

In all seriousness though, if you’re looking at Foxboro you might want to look South of Norwood like Wrentham, Franklin, MAnsfield etc. it’s a little less congested than the Norwood area and just as easily accessible to Foxboro. Plus there’s a new commuter rail at Gillette (in addition to ones in Franklin, Mansfield etc.)

Back
Top Bottom