• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We might be moving back. Glocks still the thing to bring?

Screw the Glocks and load up with stripped lowers. Way cheaper,easier to get and easier to travel with. You and the wifey sell 8 a year and make bank.
This. And since they are not firearms no sales limits. You will make way more than glocks

just curious, if you had to commute in to Boston from that area, what would be your preferred daily commute?
Norwood is better than the towns to the south if you needed to go to Boston for a commute. Depends where you are in Walpole, that could be fine. The towns closer to Mansfield are messy on rt95.
If you can take a commuter train, then they are a fine options.

just curious, if you had to commute in to Boston from that area, what would be your preferred daily commute?

My preferred commute would be a gun to my head. I’m in MetroWest and I spend almost 3 hours in the car (round trip, depending on time) to get to clients in the Seaport. It’s gotta be the same from the South Shore, if not worse.

Serious question, why not RI ?

I was also wondering this. Purely based on guns, RI is much better. The RI 2A scene has become vibrant in the last five years. Getting 3000 RI'ers to show up at the state house for gun bills happens every legislative session. Average like 2950 pro-2A, 50 anti. RI now has four clubs running 3-gun and something like three to five places doing sporting clays. Concealed carry is much more accessible than five, ten years before.

Now, if you're high income, Mass is lower income and sales tax. I'd have to examine Mass property tax rates to say anything about that. RI is more of a fiscal and economic struggling state than Mass.

Overall quality of life is better in Mass. RI is better purely on guns.

14 Inch Mossberg Shockwaves and Remington Tac 14s are thin on the ground and seem to have 4 figure asking prices or sell immediately when they do show up.
One of the Night Stick Models with wood furniture would probably sell for a small fortune.

1572666418726.png

Dave, I hope you enjoyed it out there. You were MIA here on NES for a while.

Bringing back a newer, salt free, truck?

If you have room in the truck bring me back one of them there farm girl Lilac Queen or Princesses.

Those 9mm G preban mags you don't want, well ;).

Either way, glad to have a true 2A supporter back in the area.

Matt

PS: never mind I am too f'in old.

lol, man, don't even REMIND me about the salt! Yeah, traded the ol jeep for a beautiful xterra that is going to get wrecked. I do know that Farmer's Only is big for meetin and meatin out here. It's not so much Netflix and Chill, it's Milkin' and Chill. lol.

God this is going to be a LONG message. lol.

Be careful if you don't hold an LTC or expired LTC without one of the DQs that render it invalid for protection from criminal conviction (discussed in other threads). The Supreme Marsupial Court has ruled the 60 day grace period does not apply to high cap weaponry (see Commowealth v. Cornelius).
Ah god, I had basically blocked out the silliness of LTCs since leaving Somerville. Out here in Spokane, I gave the man $50 and he gave me a license to conceal for 5 years. It should be that gd simple. I'll get some researching going. Thanks Rob.

Werntham, Mansfield, North Attleboro & Franklin are very easy access to Foxboro and still a reasonable commute to Boston via rail or even driving (maybe 15 mins further than Norwood and dramatically lower home prices) Foxboro is (was?) a red town when it comes to firearms licensing, Wrentham & MAnsfield are green. The Foxboro police Chief is a dick anti, if that makes a difference to you. Feel free to pm me if you’re looking for more info/insight. My town abuts Foxboro and I drive into Boston regularly. Norwood [to me] is the beginning of MetroWest congestion/crazy real estate pricing. There are a few decent/relaxed gun clubs down our way too.

I'm into this, the front runner for my wife is a position in Norton, so keeping her commute as small as possible is a big thing for us. I figured Foxboro was going to be heavily against ownership, and had taken it off our list of places to check out.

You can't afford Norwood now or any other town around here. You're better off commuting from Washington ;)

lol, not going to lie, if I could afford that I'd get a unabomber cabin up in Maine, and use it for weekends and winters.

What I'd tell you is if you want to make an investment, standard capacity glock pre-ban mags in 9MM are nearly always full retard priced here.

If you can find them, bring them in, they sell at a ridiculous premium.

If you don't believe me, check the classifieds here

Good info, exactly the kind of knowledge I was hunting up, thanks Jay.

If you decide to re-immigrate to PRM - pick a town marketed with GREEN Chief of Police... Moving a town or so to the west might help.

The second place position so far, Amherst. Considering all my friends are in Boston and Nashua... ugh.

Before you leave, post a note at your local range that you'll trade brand-spanking new factory Glock mags for any U notch or early square standard cap mags and/or giggle sticks. Take a head count of replies and buy enough new mags to trade. Bring those prebans here. Profit (and maybe karma/discount some to us? ;)

Understood, perfect!

Serious question, why not RI ?
I was also wondering this. Purely based on guns, RI is much better. The RI 2A scene has become vibrant in the last five years. Getting 3000 RI'ers to show up at the state house for gun bills happens every legislative session. Average like 2950 pro-2A, 50 anti. RI now has four clubs running 3-gun and something like three to five places doing sporting clays. Concealed carry is much more accessible than five, ten years before.

Now, if you're high income, Mass is lower income and sales tax. I'd have to examine Mass property tax rates to say anything about that. RI is more of a fiscal and economic struggling state than Mass.

Honestly, never could stand going into RI, in fact loathed going further south than fall river. On top of that, not a lot of places I'd likely want to work, and if we're going 30 minutes or so from Norton, I'd rather us being closer to the food and beer scene in boston. I have some friends that have breweries and restaurants that I'd love to spend time with and it not feel like an act of epic immigration nearing Donner Party levels of legendary storytelling to make happen.

... and Family Guy.

My preferred commute would be a gun to my head. I’m in MetroWest and I spend almost 3 hours in the car (round trip, depending on time) to get to clients in the Seaport. It’s gotta be the same from the South Shore, if not worse.

That sounds rough, for that level of commute, I'd hit Los Angeles and consider it a gift from god. That's crazy. Whereabouts in MetroWest? There's one job I've been looking at, it's actually at Seaport, working for America's Test Kitchen.

That sounds rough, for that level of commute, I'd hit Los Angeles and consider it a gift from god. That's crazy. Whereabouts in MetroWest? There's one job I've been looking at, it's actually at Seaport, working for America's Test Kitchen.

Acton/Concord/Maynard area.

Wife is interviewing for a tenure track position at a few places in the area, so we might be coming back.

Before I left, Glocks were the IT girls for outsiders to bring in. That still the case? They're about $350 used in my local area.
Imho stick to weird shit thats a pain to get here, AK, AR, bizarro revolvers, etc. The rest of the stuff there's a hack or bypass. No use stressing over a glock that isn't a big deal.

-Mike

No paper needed to sell a lower. It’s not a MA firearm.

Dealers in MA rarely move AK AR lowers these days, though. Most won't touch them unless it's in a Healeyban dumpster fire format.

God this is going to be a LONG message. lol.

Ah god, I had basically blocked out the silliness of LTCs since leaving Somerville. Out here in Spokane, I gave the man $50 and he gave me a license to conceal for 5 years. It should be that gd simple. I'll get some researching going. Thanks Rob.

I'm into this, the front runner for my wife is a position in Norton, so keeping her commute as small as possible is a big thing for us. I figured Foxboro was going to be heavily against ownership, and had taken it off our list of places to check out.

lol, not going to lie, if I could afford that I'd get a unabomber cabin up in Maine, and use it for weekends and winters.

Good info, exactly the kind of knowledge I was hunting up, thanks Jay.

The second place position so far, Amherst. Considering all my friends are in Boston and Nashua... ugh.

Understood, perfect!

Honestly, never could stand going into RI, in fact loathed going further south than fall river. On top of that, not a lot of places I'd likely want to work, and if we're going 30 minutes or so from Norton, I'd rather us being closer to the food and beer scene in boston. I have some friends that have breweries and restaurants that I'd love to spend time with and it not feel like an act of epic immigration nearing Donner Party levels of legendary storytelling to make happen.

... and Family Guy.

I own an insurance agency in Attleboro which abuts Norton, if you need anything when you get here I’ll take care of you. Have all sorts of local contractor/realtor/mortgage broker clients & stuff too. Feel free to PM me whenever.

You use this word, “easy”. I do not think it means what you think it means.

“Possible”, sure. Easy? I don’t think so. Unless you’re talking about 80% builds.
It means what I think it does. readily available. Maybe not at every shop you walk into, but if you do a little work...

Remember, some things the AG made up in 2016 have some basis in law. copy/duplicate could always get upheld by some marsupial court. There is an actual law associated the the declaration.

Restrictions on lowers on the other hand have no basis in law. They are totally unregulated in MA. Unless they are capable of discharging a projectile, they are the equivalent of a paper weight. Enough MA Dealers have come to this realization and lowers are now being openly advertised.

It means what I think it does. readily available. Maybe not at every shop you walk into, but if you do a little work...

Remember, some things the AG made up in 2016 have some basis in law. copy/duplicate could always get upheld by some marsupial court. There is an actual law associated the the declaration.

Restrictions on lowers on the other hand have no basis in law. They are totally unregulated in MA. Unless they are capable of discharging a projectile, they are the equivalent of a paper weight. Enough MA Dealers have come to this realization and lowers are now being openly advertised.

“do a little work” isn’t exactly easy in this case. All four of my local dealers still won’t sell stripped lowers with a 10 foot pole. Nevermind AR15-type lowers, but 9mm and AR-10 lowers too. 3/4 of these dealers aren’t fudd dealers either. As for the “openly advertised”, I’ve seen that on dealer websites but it has always been strictly for online sales to other states.

I agree with you that lower restrictions have no legal basis. But it’s still not easy for most people in this state.

I own an insurance agency in Attleboro which abuts Norton, if you need anything when you get here I’ll take care of you. Have all sorts of local contractor/realtor/mortgage broker clients & stuff too. Feel free to PM me whenever.
I'll make sure I remember that! Thank you.

Whatever happened to that shovel AK?

yeah.. I've got some similar contacts in North Attleboro as well..

hrmm.. our insurance agent is in Attleboro... 🤔

I think it still exists, I smoked a cigar with the guy that created it a few weeks ago.... [laugh]

-Mike
Good to know, I use that thing as the textbook example to people that with a little know how and tools, you can re-create any arms there are, no way to put the genie back in the bottle, so to speak.

Smaller audience but better return for revolvers. The bottom dropped out of the Glock market here. At least on NES the Glock prices have dropped. Maybe armslist is still a target rich environment.

LOL.. beats me.. Wife handles all the insurance paperwork. Last time I was in there it was Palumbo on Pleasant St. I think they got bought. She says they are now Hub International

Yeah, they’re now Hub International. Happy to take care of a fellow NESr if you guys are ever have a reason to change, feel free to pm me. I have some extremely competitive carriers and I’ll stack our service up against anyone’s.

I was also wondering this. Purely based on guns, RI is much better....
...l

Having a LTC in Mass is way better than having one in RI.
In RI you drive 20min in each direction and your carry is over as you are out of state and the neighboring states don’t accept that license.

With a Mass LTC you can have your gun on your belt uninterrupted in MA, VT, NH and ME.

Back
Top Bottom