We lost another Hero today....

[halfmast]

He was justly revered. May he rest in peace.

Welcome to the Air Command and Staff College Gathering of Eagles Homepage!

Eagle Biography

George E. "Bud" Day

George E. "Bud" Day is America's most highly decorated military warrior since General Douglas MacArthur. In a long military career spanning 34 years and three wars, Day received nearly 70 decorations and awards. More than 50 of them were for combat, including our nation's highest military decoration, the Medal of Honor

Last edited:
May he rest in peace. I only wish he'd done a better job mentoring John McCain.........that is if that were possible.

Damn. I saw Colonel Day and heard him speak at a formal Dining Out many, many years ago. He was an impressive man.

[halfmast]

Just saw this posted on The Patriot Post:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#inbox/1403a6f2e3955004

Profile: Col. George Everett 'Bud' Day

A Great American Patriot, RIP

A few days ago, I received the latest copy of "The Hook," a seasonal journal of carrier aviation published by the Tailhook Association.

I was deeply moved by this summer's edition because it included a reprint of "Honor Bound," a Pentagon study of bravery, torture and endurance -- and the experience of American POWs in Vietnam.

The Hook then listed the names of Navy and Marine POWs who made it home, including John McCain.

Later that same day, I heard remarks at a White House press conference that should be of interest to the families of the 58,209 Americans killed in Vietnam.

Barack Hussein Obama, while sitting with Vietnamese Communist Dictator Truong Tan Sang under a portrait of George Washington, had this to say about what our nations have in common: "We discussed the fact that Ho Chi Minh was actually inspired by the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson."

Obama, of course, is a phony "community organizer" who was steeped in Communist indoctrination, and who launched his political career in the home of domestic terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn. Thus, he may not be able to distinguish between the Essential Liberty codified by our Founders in the Declaration of Independence as "endowed by our Creator" and the murderous regime of "Uncle Ho," a brutal Stalinist pig who slaughtered a HALF MILLION peasants when consolidating his oppressive communist regime in Vietnam. Most of us, however, understand that Ho was no Thomas Jefferson.

After the signing of the Paris Peace Accords in 1973, which were intended to end the war in Vietnam, Ho went on to butcher anyone who had given aid to American military personnel.

The disconnect between Obama's outrageous and surreal comments about Ho and the bravery of Patriot Vietnam POWs like John McCain and my friend Roger Ingvalson was driven home this past weekend with the death of a man who was also a POW at the Hanoi Hilton with McCain and Ingvalson -- Air Force Col. George Everett "Bud" Day.

Came across this picture from his funeral.

From Fort Walton Beach to the cemetery, the highway was lined by all the branches of the military and friends. In her words, "What a beautiful send off for Bud."

1094666_10201793412265727_1603793461_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom