• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We have scammers!!! Alert alert!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
posted an ad in wtb for colt SAA, still looking by the way. Guy got back to me from Illinois, red flag 1. Sent me pics of frosty colt, love it! $600.00....red flag 2. Send payment and I’ll send gun, he says, red flag 3. I tell him to take a pic of gun with today’s paper, lots of mumbo jumbo about him driving and can’t take pictures. This is a common scam and be on the lookout for it. But more importantly we have people reading our posts and looking to screw us. I’m going back and forth a couple more times then I’m sending him my dead osama bin Ladin pic that usually pisses them off hard. On a brighter note, if anyone has a legit SAA for 600.00, I’ll give ya 650.00. Merry Christmas ya filthy animals...

As always, be aware. Most people that get scammed in online sales are about 50% to blame. Don’t let greed overcome your good sense.

Last edited:
ask him how he is going to send it.

If it is not going to a FFL, dime him to the feds and let them hunt him down for conspiracy to violate gun laws.

Let them chase him down, even though we all know there is no gun

ask him how he is going to send it.

If it is not going to a FFL, dime him to the feds and let them hunt him down for conspiracy to violate gun laws.

Let them chase him down, even though we all know there is no gun

Don't bother. Just ask him what the weather is like in Lagos.

At least we know wives are the same though out the world

Attachments

• 610CC4F3-AE8D-4CD0-941E-0DD7CC1DDF43.png
    610CC4F3-AE8D-4CD0-941E-0DD7CC1DDF43.png
    51 KB · Views: 162
Word of warning, don't put a WTB thread on Armslist unless your willing to wade through a ton of scams to see if there is actually a real nugget in there. Ask me how I know......

I have been impressed with all of the porch pirate booby traps this year. What can we do to mess with the WTB scammers? It would not be hard to flush them out!

I had an ebay scammer once. A dude, we'll call him bob, who had a Louisiana phone #, wanted me to ship my computer to Alabama, sent me a check with a woman's name on it and a Florida address. Google'd the woman, found her number and called her. She had her account number stolen. Tons of fraudulent checks written. I forwarded all the stuff I had, including the check, to a Florida PD detective. She told me after by email they tracked the guy down with the Feds and other SP and busted him and a bunch of others. I shipped the guy an empty box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom