Wayne's Weaponry - West Boylston

pj150

NES Member
Anyone heard of this place? I came across it when I was doing a search for local gun shops around where I live. Nice looking website but in looking at the hours, it seems that this person has a real 9-5 during the day and does this on the side.

He has a few used listed on the site but it looks like it hasn't been updated in a few months. I sent an e-mail regarding a couple pieces I was interested in that was not listed. I'll post back on how it goes.

This guy does the local shows. I saw him at Lunenburg. I don't recall
seeing him at West Springfield today. He has a shop, but I've not been
there.
Mac

Decided it was a nice day for a ride today, so I took the 20 minute trip to Wayne's in West Boylston.

He is closed on Sunday, but will open up by appointment. It just so happened that someone was there for an appointment, so I slipped in.

Wow! Another stealth gun shop in Central MA!

Nice collection of handguns and rifles, including several M1A's, AR's and Milsurps. I saw some Mausers and other neat stuff, but not the elusive Finnish M39! Oh, Well - maybe at the Marlboro show. Dozens of shotguns of every description, and a good assortment of ammo - including the hard to find milsurp stuff.

Wayne is a distributor for Pentax scopes, and gave me a chance to look through one - NICE! Certainly comparable to any Leupolds I've seen.

The shop is a little hap-hazard, but there's lots of neat stuff - sort of like some of the small gun shows (example - Lunenburg). Wayne seems like a nice guy, and is more than willing to help out with a problem or a particular gun you're looking for.

What's especially nice is that he is open during the evenings - 5 PM to 9 PM every weekday except Wednesday, and 9 AM - 6 PM on Saturday. I STRONGLY suggest you stop by if in the area. You can also call him with any questions or directions to the shop:

(508) 835-3690

I used to live less than a mile from his shop for 7 years and have spent a lot of time there. He is fair and willing to help ou out. He also has a range on his property.
Wayne is a great guy. If you visit tell him Andy Auto sent ya. [wink]

Wayne's weaponry west boylston

Have had great experiences buying guns and ammo from Wayne, Bought my used Glock 19 from Wayne at a much lower cost then anywhere else.
Best part is I could shoot any used gun he had if I bought the ammo from him!
Nice to have a test shoot and get a feel for thegun before I buy!

Wayne has a good reputation and will treat you right.

A few years back, I dropped my shotgun out of a tree stand as I was getting down. On the way back to the truck, I jumped an 8 pointer and completely missed my shot - despite the cross hairs being dead on. It was quickly getting dark and I was worried that I'd kill most of the following morning getting my gun's scope fixed.

Wayne came to the rescue and laser bore sighted it. Then we parked our vehicles in his backyard range, turned on the hi-beams and confirmed the gun was spot on in his backyard range.

Now that is great customer service!

Last edited:
+1 Wayne is a straight shooter (pun intended)

He is a real down to earth guy, and actually will talk with new customers.[wink]

Went to Waynes on friday to pick up a WASR I was getting from Henderson Defense. Came in a quite a while before that and they didnt have any nor did he know if he could get one, so I ordered it online. When I went in a couple days early to give them the FFL fax number I felt like an idiot as they had a new one hanging on the wall! That sold in a couple days btw.

Completed the transfer for $20. Was treated well, and kindly. Nice to see a friendly shop close to me. Picked up some ammo also.

The in stock AK reminded me of my beliefs; double check the locals to see if something is available. I always try to do business with locals just like I will not go to those automated checkouts at stores, they put people out of work.

Nice exchange all in all. Thanks again to Wayne's

Hmmm, I had to pass through West Boylston today on a work assignment. Is Wayne's anywhere near Rt 12/110? I may have to go back that way every now and then.

Very nice stealth shop. Good selection of ammo and shotguns. Tends more toward hunting stuff. I got a pretty good deal on a Ruger 10/22 that just came in today. Wayne's a nice guy too. I'll stop by again some time.

Well, it looks like I have to work in Auburn Saturday so, depending on how early we get through and how I feel, I just may have to stop in sometime in the afternoon.

closed for winter

I go there often and can always find something interesting even if it is just a good conversation. be aware Wayne closes for the winter. He will be closed this year from Dec 26, 2008 till april 09.

Anybody ever go to a new (to you) gun shop and feel a little bit unwelcome as you walk in the door?

Well, Wayne's ain't one of these places!

From the moment I walked in people were friendly and very easy to talk to. Talked to Wayne's assistant first then met Wayne hisself and immediately struck up a conversation.

Interesting place, kinda small and out in a rural area, with an interesting mix of items. A bit far off the trail for me but a place I'd definitely go back to.

Wayne and I did bond towards the end in an unusual way. I bought 100 rounds of PP .223 and used my USAA MC with the Air Force Reserve patch on it. Wayne took it, looked at it for a moment then came back with a huge grin, shook my hand and pulled up his sleeve to reveal his Tactical Air Command tattoo. Two Air Force veterans. He told me a funny story about his being read the Articles of Mutiny by his commander.

Defintely give this place a thumbs up.

The intersection of 12 and 110 is at the chinese restaurant in the small plaza? correct? Waynes would be about a mile from there maybe. Laurel St is off of 140.

251 Laurel St, West Boylston, MA

Saw one of the new Sig rifles with the small optic on it, neat piece but expensive.

Spent about 90 min at Waynes lastnight looking at his used pistols and some muzzleloaders.
Wayne was awesome! Answered all my questions and made me feel extremely comfortable and welcome (an unusual thing for a new customer in an old gunshop these days).

+1 for Wayne's shop, with it so close to me i'll probably be spending a lot more time there :)

Pleasure doing business with. I purchased a Ruger LCR from Wayne @ a gun show this past weekend. He had the best deal on the Ruger at the show. Will definitely do business with him again.

Welcome back Wayne and Mary!

Stopped by last night and picked up a nice pre owned .357 for under $350.

He had some P38s, Lugers some wheelguns and a few new Sigs on the wall.

For Long guns he had some MilSurp Carcanos, Mausers and and some 03s

The ghetto fabulous chrome plated Tec 9 takes the pie for the most "unique" piece in stock.

Welcome back Wayne and Mary!

Stopped by last night and picked up a nice pre owned .357 for under $350.

He had some P38s, Lugers some wheelguns and a few new Sigs on the wall.

For Long guns he had some MilSurp Carcanos, Mausers and and some 03s

The ghetto fabulous chrome plated Tec 9 takes the pie for the most "unique" piece in stock.

Great! Need to stop by sometime and see what Wayne's got for handguns.

I stopped in yesterday on a recommendation from a friend, and Wayne is a great guy. He's very reasonable to deal with and is super nice. His stealth shop has a good assortment of ammo (lots of variety, not a ton of each) and a few firearms available for purchase (I'd say 10+ handguns, 5+ long guns). He charges $20 for transfers which is the cheapest I've ever heard of.

You forgot to go in the back room. maybe another 30 long guns + back there. Some C&R, some more modern.

Good guy. No problem with people window shopping and has a range behind the building that you can use on certain days if you ask.

Thank you Wayne!
Waynes Weaponry donated a rifle scope as a prize for our Top Shot Contest!

Attachments

• gun board.jpg
    gun board.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 69
  • prize table.jpg
    prize table.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 61
  • winners top shot.jpg
    winners top shot.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 63
Whats up with this place? Went by friday night and was closed and looked like hadnt been opened for a week based on snow drifts ln stairs.

Back
Top Bottom